EXIT RE-ENTRY permit - during pandemic, anyone doing it?

Not sure if this has been discussed yet but has anyone who is here since before Covid19 lock-down staying on an annual extension of stay for marriage or retirement done or is planning to do an EXIT RE-ENTRY?

From the latest info I understand (correct me if I am wrong please) unlike before where we just used the exit-reentry permit and got on the plane we now have to go to a Thai embassy abroad, show them:

1. Our re-entry permit,

2. Get their Cert Of Entry by showing:

a. Proof of marriage etc and

b. 100kUSD insurance,

c. Covid test result pass inside 72 hours

d. Booked a Thai quarantine hotel for 14 days?

The Thai embassy might take any amount of time providing this if at all? Will they give it to re  entry permits of extensions based on retirement if one also has the marriage certificates? Might they also want other info from the wife?

Can any of the above be achieved in Thailand before exiting to save time in the foreign country?

There must be a lot of expats with wives and kids here trying to get back to work outside Thailand and hopefully come back so wondering how things are going in this respect? Of course if any of the above requirements don’t get met you then get stuck outside Thailand indefinitely, so who is taking this risk right now?  I am thinking of rejecting my latest job offer as I am unwilling to take the risk.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Have you checked  the Thai embassy website or contact the one where you will be applying 

I was more interesting if anyone is planning on doing an exit of the country and re-entry using a  RE-ENTRY permit - any success stories? I don't think I am going to try until things get easier.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, WorriedNoodle said:

I was more interesting if anyone is planning on doing an exit of the country and re-entry using a  RE-ENTRY permit - any success stories? I don't think I am going to try until things get easier.

I am sure people have gotten a certificate of entry when they had a valid re-entry permit. You do not have to apply for a new visa to get it and they would not issue one if you had a valid re-entry permit and extension of stay.

5 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

I am sure people have gotten a certificate of entry when they had a valid re-entry permit.

Sounds like a cinch. I'll just tell the wife and kids in Bangkok I'll be back in a couple of few weeks then! Gotta getaway earn some dollars where they'll have me.????

If you are actually planning to leave Thailand, you can get a re-entry permit at the airport as normal, assuming your visa/extension will not run out before your intended return.

However, this to me seems completely irrelevant in the current situation, since, just because you have visa/extension, this does not give automatic right to return under current rules. I am not certain you would be allowed back even if you get a certificate of health etc etc as you are probably not on their list of priority re-entrants etc etc. 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, anfh said:

If you are actually planning to leave Thailand, you can get a re-entry permit at the airport as normal, assuming your visa/extension will not run out before your intended return.

However, this to me seems completely irrelevant in the current situation, since, just because you have visa/extension, this does not give automatic right to return under current rules. I am not certain you would be allowed back even if you get a certificate of health etc etc as you are probably not on their list of priority re-entrants etc etc. 

Moot claims. Your admitted until date has no bearing on whether or not you would be granted an re-entry permit.  Re-entry permit would only be valid until admitted until date anyway. Not sure what "visa/extension" is either. They are not interchangeable words. Just adding to confusion.  You admit you are uncertain.  Why muddy the waters with unqualified speculations? Hush.

1 hour ago, anfh said:

There are already returned expats who got their CoE at the embassy in their home countries. But it might depend from which country you fly and if there are seats available on the repatriation flights. You might need to wait a while. 

12 minutes ago, Calvin1976 said:

Does OP mean this kind of Re-entry Permit?

If not having a multiple re-entry permit, you need to get one before departure or else visa will be void, right? 

I had few of this before every departure until I got a multiple one.

If he has a single or multiple re-entry permit that is still valid then it is still good for entry unless the single re-entry permit had been used.

32 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

If he has a single or multiple re-entry permit that is still valid then it is still good for entry unless the single re-entry permit had been used.

Appreciate all the replies. So far only @Tagged post#6 seems to have picked up the intent of my question really so I am sorry for phrasing it so poorly. Yes I know the workings of the RE-ENTRY permit, been doing them since the naughties continuously. Sincere apologies for calling it an EXIT RE ENTRY in the thread title that I am unable to edit.

Two weeks ago, after a successful 365 day extension of my retirement visa at Phayao I/O, I applied for and received in 30 min. a multiple entry  re-entry visa, as I normally do every year, so I can travel in and out of the Kingdom as I need.  No problems and usual fee (1900 Baht)   

so far as I know this does no give me any special exemptions from the current restrictions on entry.

Now visiting UK with no return date.  waiting until I can come back to Kingdom as normal.

Final warning:  Beware Heathrow.  Chaos at Immigration, with no attempt at Social Distancing.  Likely your best chance of becoming infected with Covid.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Robin said:

Two weeks ago, after a successful 365 day extension of my retirement visa at Phayao I/O, I applied for and received in 30 min. a multiple entry  re-entry visa, as I normally do every year, so I can travel in and out of the Kingdom as I need.  No problems and usual fee (1900 Baht)   

so far as I know this does no give me any special exemptions from the current restrictions on entry.

Now visiting UK with no return date.  waiting until I can come back to Kingdom as normal.

Final warning:  Beware Heathrow.  Chaos at Immigration, with no attempt at Social Distancing.  Likely your best chance of becoming infected with Covid.

100% correct. Anyone in Thailand with a valid permit/extension of stay can apply for and get a re entry permit that is valid to use once the borders open for you to use it or you qualify for one of the allowed categories now. Like you I arrived back into the UK last week for various reasons, family, house, medication. Plan to return with my Thai wife in November, but I realise that may not be possible. As you said Heathrow is chaos. We arrived at T2 at 06.30 and there is only 1 officer per queue plus the e gates. No social distancing. Many people not completing the online mandatory government passenger locator form, every time this happens the IO takes them away to complete and have to wait for a replacement. UK is very strange people scared of thier own shadows.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 7/17/2020 at 8:48 AM, DrJack54 said:

If your inside Thailand and opt to leave for job or whatever it currently is very different to re-enter even if married.

May be case for some time. 

Don't exit Thailand if possible.

The equivalent of 100K USD insurance WILL DESTROY THE THAI ECONOMY, starting with the Tourism Baht!!! 1 week, 2,3,4,5 weeks, however long a vacation anybody wants in Thailand, the insurance cost will be from !,700 AUD to 7/8,000 AUD, NO WAY tourists pay that, especially Pensioners = impossible for them! Companies all over the world will also be very hesitant to pay for such policies. Cambodia has a 3K deposit, return when leaving. Even that is too expensive! 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, joe jadore said:

The equivalent of 100K USD insurance WILL DESTROY THE THAI ECONOMY, starting with the Tourism Baht!!! 1 week, 2,3,4,5 weeks, however long a vacation anybody wants in Thailand, the insurance cost will be from !,700 AUD to 7/8,000 AUD, NO WAY tourists pay that, especially Pensioners = impossible for them! Companies all over the world will also be very hesitant to pay for such policies. Cambodia has a 3K deposit, return when leaving. Even that is too expensive! 

Check insurance policies it may not be as bad as you think. Insurance for Covid 19 does not have to be agreed Thai insurance like a Non OA visa. In the UK there are many companies offering affordable travel insurance and cover for Covid 19 is included as standard under accident and emergency for no extra charge.