Pattaya back to square one! Fallout from Egyptian soldier case dents tourism again

webfact

6 minutes ago, tomazbodner said:

Will someone please complete that ugly wreck next to Pattaya City sign or tear it down?

I think "someone" will complete it eventually  like most of the post 97 crash buildings eventually where finished and are in use.

3 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

Every chair vendor space is empty.  No one around now.

They all went back to Bangkok  after the long 4 day holiday...another one planed for later this month will probably see them all back again.

• Like 1

It seems that the DLT (Department of Land Transport) that administrates drivers licenses and renewals has changed their procedures in light of the Rayong and Bangkok scares. I'm not sure what government departments have changed their procedures. 

1 hour ago, bronzedude said:

It seems that the DLT (Department of Land Transport) that administrates drivers licenses and renewals has changed their procedures in light of the Rayong and Bangkok scares. I'm not sure what government departments have changed their procedures. 

which means? a bit more explicitely?

More anti foreigner rhetoric and beliefs. Does everyone in Thailand believe that foreigners are in the middle of a zombie holocaust? I am stuck in UK and live a very normal existence. The same existence I always lived with a bit of social responsibility and distancing thrown in. 

I am not a deranged plague infested zombie because I am not in Thailand .... I think.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DrTuner said:

Yeah, we need an Egyptian every week. Not a single Chinese in sight. Nice.

Hmmmm.

36 minutes ago, MRToMRT said:

More anti foreigner rhetoric and beliefs

Yes.

39 minutes ago, MRToMRT said:

Does everyone in Thailand believe that foreigners are in the middle of a zombie holocaust?

Not zombies. 

600,000 dead people and ghosts.

• Confused 5

7 hours ago, tomazbodner said:

Will someone please complete that ugly wreck next to Pattaya City sign or tear it down?

Thank you!  I was just about to say the same thing.  Disgraceful it stands there year after year unfinished in Pattaya's most prominent spot.  

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, johng said:

They all went back to Bangkok  after the long 4 day holiday...another one planed for later this month will probably see them all back again.

A non-story really.  There are no foreign tourists any more  Thai ones come only at the weekends.

20 hours ago, webfact said:

To substantiate this claim they spoke to two female deckchair vendors. 

A fairly conclusive survey to support this claim.

21 hours ago, tomazbodner said:

Oh yeah the elephant in the room!..too many politicians involved in the scheme. no one dares to touch it..I wonder(!) why...