Hotels for Quarantine

HI,

I have a flight booked for a flight to Thailand on 1 Sept 2020, I am on a Non Imm. O visa based on marriage.

I see now I have to go into 14 day quarantine in a hotel. I understand I must pay but can anyone advise

do the authorities nominate which hotel I stay in. I live in Nawamin74 so prefer to stay in that area.

Thanking you for any advice.

There are lists circulating online. The latest iteration I have seen contained nine or ten hotels.  Search "Thailand Alternative State Quarantine".  Prices vary quite widely. I have never seen any suggestion that the govt. designates a hotel for you.

As of now you have to apply for a certificate of entry at the Thai embassy in the country where you are located.

You have to stay in one of the designated hotels for the 14 day quarantine. You can only fly on repatriation flights.

I would guess you flight on September 2nd will be cancelled unless things change.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, allane said:

There are lists circulating online. The latest iteration I have seen contained nine or ten hotels.  Search "Thailand Alternative State Quarantine".  Prices vary quite widely. I have never seen any suggestion that the govt. designates a hotel for you.

Thanks Allane, can you please to tell me how I can get it online?

3 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

As of now you have to apply for a certificate of entry at the Thai embassy in the country where you are located.

You have to stay in one of the designated hotels for the 14 day quarantine. You can only fly on repatriation flights.

I would guess you flight on September 2nd will be cancelled unless things change.

Thanks ubonjoe. Yes I can see I will probably have to cancel, depends on the price of the hotels.

I think Emirates jumped the gun a little when they said they would be flying from Outh Africa on 1 Sept. 

I asked at the time if there were any restrictions, they said as long as I am married to a Thai national there aren't. I guess they were maybe looking for bookings

Where are the designated hotels?

Thank again.

22 minutes ago, Alphim said:

Thanks Allane, can you please to tell me how I can get it online?

As allane suggested just search "Thailand Alternative State Quarantine" and you'll see various sites listing the options.  Here's a couple:

https://thaiest.com/blog/list-of-alternative-state-quarantine-asq-hotels-thailand

https://en-gb.facebook.com/Alternative-State-Quarantine-105755234490444/

28 minutes ago, unheard said:

How can Emirates and any other airline continue selling tickets into August and September without a permit issued by Thai government to fly passengers into the country?

The airlines are kind of stuck betweeen a rock and a hard place.  If they don't sell tickets now and the entry restrictions are lifted, they wont have anyone booked to bring in, however if they sell tickets and the restrictions are extended then they'll have to cancel.  The airlines are making a guess as to when they'll be allowed, and I don't blame them.

14 minutes ago, treetops said:

The airlines are kind of stuck betweeen a rock and a hard place.  If they don't sell tickets now and the entry restrictions are lifted, they wont have anyone booked to bring in, however if they sell tickets and the restrictions are extended then they'll have to cancel.  The airlines are making a guess as to when they'll be allowed, and I don't blame them.

Disagree.

The airlines continue selling into August (as they did in prior months) without any indication that they'll be permitted to fly passengers in.

It's very unethical on their part to prey on unsuspecting customers who don't know any better.

It's the customers who get stuck later one with a credit or prolonged refund for the cancelled flights.

The only thing that the airlines are getting stuck with is free money.

And that's exactly why they continue this practice.

Edited by unheard

18 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

Some ASQ hotels require payment up front, which is not refundable.  Some COE applications require a "confirmed" ASQ booking to proceed.   Any way around this?

Around what?

Please don't jam the system for those who have been approved and on the way to obtaining their COE.

Why are you trying to bypass the system that is specifically designed not to create unmanageable backlogs?

Please wait for your turn as others have already done.

You should only book the flight/hotel when you're permitted to do so by your embassy, they way the system is designed to work for now.

By finding your ways around it you just introduce unnecessary uncertainty for everyone by creating fully booked ASQ hotels.

Booked by the people who are not yet permitted to enter and must cancel or reschedule their bookings in the future.

The ASQ hotels should change the policy and not allow re-bookings and cancellations anymore

Or require to present an evidence of a booked repatriation flight, the only available flight for now, and not any other bogus flight,  before issuing a room booking.

Edited by unheard
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, unheard said:

Around what?

Please don't jam the system for those who have been approved and on the way to obtaining their COE.

Why are you trying to bypass the system that is specifically designed not to create unmanageable backlogs?

You should only book the flight/hotel when you're permitted to do so by your embassy, they way the system is designed to work for now.

By finding your ways around it you just introduce unnecessary uncertainty for everyone by creating fully booked ASQ hotels.

Booked by the people who are not yet permitted to enter and must cancel or reschedule their bookings in the future.

The ASQ hotels should change the policy and not allow re-bookings and cancellations anymore

Or require to present an evidence of a booked repatriation flight, the only available flight for now, and not any other bogus flight,  before issuing a room booking.

What happens if you submit all docs at embassy, get COE and then ASQ hotels are fully booked?

From my understanding you need confirmed ASQ booking before a COE will be given?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Mattd said:

Where did the poster say that he was trying to bypass the system?

He merely asked a reasonable question, which was is there anyway of applying for the COE without having a confirmed ASQ, as that is a catch 22 situation, where somebody books a non-refundable ASQ, applies for COE and is refused OR the repatriation flight is later than the booking dates at the ASQ.

BTW, as far as I understand, the embassy will allocate the flight.

It's not the process for now, not until it's changed.

You don't need to make any bookings to apply, not initially.

That's the first step when you supply your documents qualifying you as being a part of one of the permitted groups.

Only after you've submitted those documents including a proof of insurance and only after the embassy has finished reviewing them they will contact you with a request to book available in your country flights (not any bogus flights you find on the flight aggregator listings) and ASQ room.

Again, that's the process for now.

If it has recently (days) been changed in your country then please dis-regard everything I've just said.

But I'd like to see some evidence of it.

I read that in some places the embassies tell the applicants that they'll issue a COE as long as the applicant finds an available flight out of that country. But that is not how most embassies operate (for now).

Edited by unheard

50 minutes ago, HashBrownHarry said:

What happens if you submit all docs at embassy, get COE and then ASQ hotels are fully booked?

From my understanding you need confirmed ASQ booking before a COE will be given?

That's the situation that's being created by those who jump on the ASQ hotel bookings without having everything else sorted out.

If you mean the COE certificate then you're issued one when you have everything booked and ready to board the flight.

In order to obtain the permission you'll have to supply evidence of flight/hotel bookings to your embassy.

But this is the last part of the process.

The initial part is when you first contact the embassy and supply them with all other required documents, short of the bookings.

At least that was the process until now.

Edited by unheard

29 minutes ago, unheard said:

That's the situation that's being created by those who jump on the ASQ hotel bookings without having everything else sorted out.

If you mean the COE certificate then you're issued one when you have everything booked and ready to board the flight.

In order to obtain the permission you'll have to supply evidence of flight/hotel bookings to your embassy.

But this is the last part of the process.

The initial part is when you first contact the embassy and supply them with all other required documents, short of the bookings.

At least that was the process until now.

At what point should you get the CV-19 test done, once everything booked and flight date / time confirmed?

1 minute ago, HashBrownHarry said:

At what point should you get the CV-19 test done, once everything booked and flight date / time confirmed?

Go to the Embassy of Thailand in your country and they will give you instructions. The instructions may be different in different  countries.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, HashBrownHarry said:

Precisely, after everything is booked and your visa is issued (if you need one) then no more than 72 hours before the departure you'll have to obtain the CV-19 test and Fit-to-fly certificates.

Submit them to the embassy preferably no less than 24 hours before the flight.

Only after that submission they'll issue the COE certificate.

Edited by unheard
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, unheard said:

Precisely, after everything is booked and your visa is issued (if you need one) then no more than 72 hours before the departure you'll have to obtain the CV-19 test and Fit-to-fly certificates.

Well noted.

thanks.

5 hours ago, unheard said:

Around what?

I don't see anybody trying to bypass the system. The original post, mine, asked a simple question.

My follow up to ubanjoes reply stated that the air ticket was booked only because the Emirates booking clerk stated that as I am married to a Thai national there are no restrictions, this apparently after checking with his Supervisor, am I not to believe him? At the time of booking I had not seen any restrictions posted anyway other than a Negative Covid 19 test certificate has to be obtained before entry to the country would be allowed. 

4 hours ago, unheard said:

Knowing Embassy's worldwide is that 72 hour window logistically feasible?

12 hours ago, unheard said:

You will probably have to cancel because the airline hasn't been permitted to fly you in (unless things change).

How can Emirates and any other airline continue selling tickets into August and September without a permit issued by Thai government to fly passengers into the country?

Please don't book any hotels just yet.

You also don't have a permission to enter.

Have you applied at the embassy?

Don't listen to the airlines.

They only want to sell you a bogus unpermitted ticket so they can keep your money for as long as they can.

As usual,very very sound advise.

10 hours ago, unheard said:

It might or it might not.

They make the rules and it's our job to find a way to meet them.

Royal Thai Embassy in South Africa take minimum 4 days to issue an O Visa, this in normal times so it is not our job, alone, to find away to meet the rules.

16 hours ago, HashBrownHarry said:

The reason only repatriation flights are allowed at the moment is to restrict the number of incoming passengers. The reason for the restriction is the limited capacity of quarantine rooms available. So basically available rooms go hand in hand with available seats on flights. The procedure created to book a flight back to Thailand were created so all that can be managed. 

You first have to contact the embassy to apply for coe, and follow their instructions step by step

56 minutes ago, LukKrueng said:

The reason only repatriation flights are allowed at the moment is to restrict the number of incoming passengers. The reason for the restriction is the limited capacity of quarantine rooms available. So basically available rooms go hand in hand with available seats on flights. The procedure created to book a flight back to Thailand were created so all that can be managed. 

You first have to contact the embassy to apply for coe, and follow their instructions step by step

Ok, thanks, so to confirm.

1. Visit embassy submit all docs and apply for COE

2. Once COE book ASQ

3. Embassy confirm flight date / time / availabilty

4. Once flight confirmed arrange CV-19 test

5. Present CV-19 negative test result and fit to fly cert to Embassy?

6. Go to Airport, catch flight, arrive Thailand for 2 weeks at ASQ?

OR i'm missing something?

No commercial flight allowed to Thailand yet! When I applied for my COE via royal Thai consulate - Sydney , they Are very clear that "Currently, the approved applicants are permitted to enter Thailand only by repatriation flights or cargo flights organised by the Royal Thai Embassy or the Royal Thai Consulate-General."

the embassy will contact you before issuing the COE to book and pay the available flight that arranged by the embassy, then you have to send the booked and confirmed ASQ as well

before my flight I uploaded COVID 19 test result and fit to fly certificate by your doctors, both must be issued no more than 72 hours before departure. Believe each embassy/consulate got own rules