Has Any TVF Member Had Covid 19? Does Any Member Know of Anyone Who Has Definitely Had Covid 19

Pilotman

Yes but not in Thailand, in my home country. Family friend 65 no real other health issues. Did not make it. Strange as not overweight or other health issues. Sometimes its just bad luck i guess. Not sure from who he got it. I did not get all the info though. 

• Sad 3
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, GroveHillWanderer said:

Yes, my daughter, who was working 12-14 hour shifts in critical care in an NHS hospital in the UK at the peak of the outbreak, tested positive for the virus about a month ago. Luckily she only had mild symptoms and was back at work within a week.

If you're talking about Thailand then no, nobody in my immediate circle of family or friends has tested positive here.

Kudos to her.  Hope she is fine now. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, GroveHillWanderer said:

Yes, my daughter, who was working 12-14 hour shifts in critical care in an NHS hospital in the UK at the peak of the outbreak, tested positive for the virus about a month ago. Luckily she only had mild symptoms and was back at work within a week.

That was maybe back around the time when seven-to-ten day incubation and 14-day quarantines were all the rage but curiously, Matt Hancock and other apparatchiks who tested +ve were given the all-clear after only seven days. Still haven't got my head around that subtle variation.

Edited by NanLaew
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

That was maybe back around the time when seven-to-ten day incubation and 14-day quarantines were all the rage but curiously, Matt Hancock and other apparatchiks who tested +ve were given the all-clear after only seven days. Still haven't got my hear around that subtle variation.

According to my daughter, the idea is that if you've already had symptoms and then test positive after that, you're already at least 5-6 days into the course of the disease and after another 7 days you're no longer at risk of passing it on to others.

I have to say it surprised me as well when she told me she was only allowed 7 days off, but she said that was standard.

• Thanks 1

Yes, a good friend of mine aged 63 tested positive about a month ago. Not in Thailand though. Did not have to go to hospital, but was pretty sick for 2 weeks and said it was terrible. Played golf on the weekend but said the back nine was rough. He is pretty fit but getting there.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, GroveHillWanderer said:

According to my daughter, the idea is that if you've already had symptoms and then test positive after that, you're already at least 5-6 days into the course of the disease and after another 7 days you're no longer at risk of passing it on to others.

I have to say it surprised me as well when she told me she was only allowed 7 days off, but she said that was standard.

Strange but on the other hand they had a shortage of workers so getting them back fast must have been a priority. 

2 minutes ago, orchis said:

yes, I know 3 friends who had it and one passed away.
not here in Thailand.

Do you have a large circle of friends ? I am sure covid is real and don't doubt you. Just wonder a bit about why some people know many and others few that had it. Im from the Netherlands just one that I know but I can't say i have a huge circle of friends.

Just now, 2long said:

No one here.

My mate's mum in the UK had it.

To say Covid is a scam is probably not true, as the virus obviously exists. However, I believe that it has already been through Thailand before we knew about it, and in most cases symptoms are so mild you don't know you have it. Some aren't so lucky.

I believe that governments are manipulating the figures (some up, some down) for their own political reasons.

That is why the only data that is a bit believable is to compare average death rates (not perfect either but the best of the worst).

• Like 2

My grand children and their mother had mild versions of the virus. She being a nurse in a clinic back in the states. A friend who lives here became ill in the states while visiting, he didn;t have a test but had the classic result loss of taste, and smell also feeling very sick. He recovered and probably got one of the last flights back to Thailand. The Hong Kong airport totally deserted and only 4 passengers on his flight from HK to BKK.

Edited by moe666
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, RJRS1301 said:

I have three relatives in UK, two who have "recovered". they both still have extreme fatigue over 90 days after testing negative, and hospital. One has cardiac impairment following infection which did not exist prior to infection.

Third one remains in hospital 120 days so far, kidney impairment and liver impairment neither of which were pre infection issues 

Two relatives in their 60s third one 42 year old previously fir healthy . Non had pre-existing health problems

I've had fatigue and kidney impairment for years. Nothing to do with Corona. I'm not rubbishing your story, but such happens to otherwise fit and healthy people without anything to do with Corona.

Sympathy for them, but are they unusual or the norm? That has yet to be determined.

Edited by thaibeachlovers
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

14 minutes ago, bert bloggs said:

is there anywhere in Pattaya where you can check if you have had it,i dont know anyone who has had it ,but begining of Jan i was very sick and a bit delirious ,but had not heard of covid then, just dont know what was wrong , 

I've never heard of delirium as a symptom of Corona, but it is, apparently, a symptom of malaria.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

16 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Only if the death rates differentiate between those that die with it and those that die of it.

Doesn't matter. If average deaths are up by 80.000 a month this year you know enough. If your reasoning is correct, and it is people who would have died soon anyway, in Europe average death rates now should be lower than previous years. So far they are not.

• Like 1