Has Any TVF Member Had Covid 19? Does Any Member Know of Anyone Who Has Definitely Had Covid 19

Pilotman

11 hours ago, sezze said:

4 far family members ( they all close family ) , all died of Covid within timespan of 3 weeks . Several others i know had it , 1 being on respirator . So i think i prob know 10-15 people who did have it .

Condolences.  Question > Was that in Thailand or abroad?

6 minutes ago, Bender Rodriguez said:

do all your family members tell you every time they visit an MD what disease they have ?

I usually ask what kind of medicine they got, that usually points to the disease.  Unfortunately they often answer "The red one." lol.

Around January I had short breath even walking to 7/11 and felt like passing out for few days. Never got sick in Thailand and never had this kind of symptoms before. I'm pretty sure I had it. A lot of people I know who tested for covid in Europe found they have the antibodies to covid-19 so long story short they had it even without knowing it. Probably if everyone tested we would know that this virus has a lot less mortality rate than we are told.

• Confused 1

I have friends who know people in Thailand who had it and died. 

I have a good friend here in Bangkok who's father caught it in the UK and died. 

I know of people in the US who have lost family members. 

Several Thai girls I know (members of a dance group) all tested positive and are thankfully all ok now.

Actually asked around to my sister in law and an other of our families friends had Covid too. Luckily he survived he was in his 70ies. Quite active still playing tennis no health issues. No medicine use.

He is now really bad still not got his strength back and has problems with endurance. Its such a difference from before. This was a guy that kept in shape and played loads of sports slim and healthy. Ok he was in his 70ies but nothing more then that.  he survived but now 2 months later is still not recovered. Not sure if he ever will be. Can't walk far anymore.

So much for this being just a flu. 

11 minutes ago, Bender Rodriguez said:

and you know what can of chronic diseases this person had or medication taking ?

if high blood pressure = ace2 inhibitors... see the link ?

Do you? It's now thought that ACE inhibitors (I don't think they use ACE2 inhibitors) can be beneficial leading to lower hospitalizations. 

https://news.yale.edu/2020/05/27/seniors-covid-19-taking-ace-inhibitors-have-lower-hospitalization-risk

22 hours ago, robblok said:

Do you have a large circle of friends ? I am sure covid is real and don't doubt you. Just wonder a bit about why some people know many and others few that had it. Im from the Netherlands just one that I know but I can't say i have a huge circle of friends.

No, I stay well-connected but there are many cases in my country.
They are 59, 60 and 44, university administrator, school inspector and factory worker; 2 are college friends, one a former staff, all without health issues, non smokers. All 3 hospitalized, one badly.
The deceased person was 64, obese but otherwise no issues.

23 hours ago, Pilotman said:

Kudos to her.  Hope she is fine now. 

There are about 69 million people in Thailand + migrant workers and foreigners. There are about 3600 confirmed cases (official number) with 58 dead (still an official number). The odds of knowing someone infected (with symptoms) by the coronavirus is pretty high. 

yes.

thai gf's niece reported her friends father got the covid and died.  he infected his entire household.  niece was delivering food over the fence with a long stick.  i believe the family members have recovered.

a neighbor in the building next to ours in bangkapi got the covid and was whisked away for treatment.  the building was deep-cleaned.  no further info available.

just got news my uncle in texas also gots the covid, which he took home and gave to his wife and daughter.

and in other news, my uncle in louisiana is in hospital now for something unknown, test results pending.

nah, must be a hoax.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, RJRS1301 said:

I have a gut feeling that more are dying "with it" than because of it.

Especially when people are being listed as Covid19 deaths and are in their 80s and above.

Perhaps. But should the virus not be listed as at least a contributing factor? How could anyone ever know? To not report the death as virus related would be disengenuous at best. 

So it's actually a moot point. 

I don’t know of anyone in Thailand with covid but at least 3 ppl in my family overseas have had covid one of whom was over 65 with heart condition didn’t make it. The other 2 are younger under 35 yrs old.

2 hours ago, Peter Denis said:

Condolences.  Question > Was that in Thailand or abroad?

Was all in Belgium . They are far family ( nephews wife family ) , they prob got it from eachother . All others i know are or from work and 1 friend of my parents which was on the ventilator ( was released pretty quick after , but still has serious side effect like incontinence , which the doctors don't know it will come back or not ) .

• Thanks 1

Might have had it. A Thai guest in our homestay over Christmas was quite ill with heavy cold/flu symptoms. Last day of the year I came down with fever, body aches/pains, a bit of coughing and some chest tightness. No nasal discharge. I put myself to bed for four days and put it down to a bout of mild flu, albeit a bit different from what I've had previously. For me, the body aches/pains were the worst I've experienced compared to other flu bouts. Drove me to take some very strong and effective painkillers. I've not sought any type of follow-up test and take all of the precautions as if I haven't had it, which I suspect is the more likely possibility. Was a poor introduction to 2020.

On 7/22/2020 at 6:01 AM, RJRS1301 said:

I have a gut feeling that more are dying "with it" than because of it.

Especially when people are being listed as Covid19 deaths and are in their 80s and above.

I've been saying that for 2-3 months especially older people who have many existing conditions and are then diagnosed with CV and subsequently die of one of the existing conditions. In UK they've been counted as CV deaths, which IMO is incorrect.  I think I saw a link from Matt Hancock where he admitted this as incorrect reporting but cannot find it presently.

To answer the OP:

I know nobody personally who's been tested but as for symptoms:

I know a couple in their 60s who had symptoms - recovered (he had a pre-existing heart condition)

I know a couple in their 20 who had symptoms - recovered

I know a couple in their 20s where one had symptoms - recovered

I THINK (!) I had symptoms in Thailand in early March (I have a pre-existing heart condition) but I'm OK and have been since end of March and had no problem passing the temperature test when leaving Thailand (more than 2 weeks after symptoms)

All fairly inconclusive of course

• Confused 1

14 minutes ago, kaneko86 said:

My younger sister and 2 friends got diagnosed from a hospital. They were all asymptomatic.

Several others felt sick but didn't go to check for fear of being quarantined for 2 weeks.

Fear of being quarantined, and willing to possibly infect others, nice folk.

• Sad 1

I don't know anyone from hearsay, neither in Thailand nor from my parents, family or friends in Germany.

However, I assume I had it in January long before it was a hot topic in Thailand.

Never been sick from a cold or fever since years but back then I had diarrhea, fever and felt terrible for four days.

Mostly slept all the time and stayed home.

• Like 1

Yes, Rita and Tom Hanks, Von Miller, Joe Diffie????, Boris J., Daniel Kim, Kevin Durant, Sean Payton, Prince Charles, Rand Paul and Chris (aka Fredo) Cuomo.  

Why isn't this a poll. If someone does a poll make sure it's distinct between cases in Country and those out of Thailand.

6 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

I noticed that there were a lot more funerals in our village between February and May, older people dying of natural causes we were told, make of that what you will.

Same in other countries with people reluctant to go to hospital, and those deaths would be recorded in the excess death figures. At around 2% in Thailand it is significantly lower than the 43% in the UK which has a similar size population.

Thailand (1 Mar - 31 May)

The number of deaths in Thailand has been 2% higher than average, with about 2,400 more people dying than usual.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-53073046

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 7/22/2020 at 11:51 AM, bert bloggs said:

is there anywhere in Pattaya where you can check if you have had it,i dont know anyone who has had it ,but begining of Jan i was very sick and a bit delirious ,but had not heard of covid then, just dont know what was wrong , 

Beginning of January i was feeling very sick temp of 38 also, hard to breath, tired, had oxygen at home, took some antihistamine thought maybe an allergy, brown mixture to help sleep as much as i could, lasted about a week, i had just returned home from a few days in Rayong, knew of Covid but it was only just in the news. did i have it? i will never know.

On 7/22/2020 at 5:52 AM, bkk6060 said:

Thousands of TVF members

who know 1000's of people.

All the older expats living here.  And their Thai partners who have families with older family members and parents.

And no one personally knows of anyone who has gotten it in Thailand?

Interesting.

It is "interesting" insofar as the regime has sought to cover the actual spread of the infection.

Do you know anyone who has been tested?

There has been a deliberate lack of testing (regime announced it wasn't going to bother) and therefore little "certification" of COVID infection and death.

So not surprising that so few people are unable to verify that an individual has had it or died from it.

Not testing and "writing off" a rise in deaths is what Thailand is known for:

There is la1691608031_Screenshot_2020-07-23Whatisthetruedeathtollofthecoronaviruspandemic.png.51bc3da5d60bf2eed81388e4b1bb5101.pngrge

Edited by Enoon

5 hours ago, VBF said:

I've been saying that for 2-3 months especially older people who have many existing conditions and are then diagnosed with CV and subsequently die of one of the existing conditions. In UK they've been counted as CV deaths, which IMO is incorrect.  I think I saw a link from Matt Hancock where he admitted this as incorrect reporting but cannot find it presently.

That is the characteristic of the virus.

It's a "trigger", killing those who had a higher probability of dying anyway.

It triggers all sorts of dangerous conditions, not just respiratory.

That's why so many elderly (88% of deaths) and so few young.

It has brought forward likely deaths.

So less of them now left to die this year.

Possibility of a dip in normally expected deaths over the next few months, leading to much less increase in deaths overall, for the year as a whole.

Edited by Enoon

8 minutes ago, Enoon said:

That is the characteristic of the virus.

It's a "trigger", killing those who had a higher probability of dying anyway.

That's why so many elderly (88% of deaths) and so few young.

It has brought forward likely deaths.

So less of them now left to die this year.

Possibility of a dip in normally expected deaths over the next few months, leading to much less increase in deaths overall, for the year as a whole.

Interesting if that's true, the overall total should remain much the same as before CV ie, the likely deaths have already occurred.

Will of course depend on the period analysed vs total numbers - and how various governments "spin" the numbers!

Yes, I know of five persons, but none in Thailand: Two young family members in Denmark, two in Belgium and one in Indonesia, who unfortunately passed away in February.