Has Any TVF Member Had Covid 19? Does Any Member Know of Anyone Who Has Definitely Had Covid 19

Pilotman

On 7/22/2020 at 4:52 AM, bkk6060 said:

Thousands of TVF members

who know 1000's of people.

All the older expats living here.  And their Thai partners who have families with older family members and parents.

And no one personally knows of anyone who has gotten it in Thailand?

Interesting.

I've tested positive twice, zero symptoms.

I know personally more than 20 people ( first hand ) who have tested positive, none with symptoms.

I'm sure there's been lots of people that have had it but if never tested will never know ( unless shown symptoms )

I know of ( not first hand ) 2 people that had symptoms, 1 in ICU for 2 days, one for 1 day ( as precaution i think ) both reported loss of smell. Both 100% recovered now.

• Thanks 2

13 hours ago, Enoon said:

It is "interesting" insofar as the regime has sought to cover the actual spread of the infection.

Do you know anyone who has been tested?

There has been a deliberate lack of testing (regime announced it wasn't going to bother) and therefore little "certification" of COVID infection and death.

So not surprising that so few people are unable to verify that an individual has had it or died from it.

Not testing and "writing off" a rise in deaths is what Thailand is known for:

There is la1691608031_Screenshot_2020-07-23Whatisthetruedeathtollofthecoronaviruspandemic.png.51bc3da5d60bf2eed81388e4b1bb5101.pngrge

And how does the "writing off" of 2% compare to the "writing off" of other countries.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-53073046

12 hours ago, VBF said:

Interesting if that's true, the overall total should remain much the same as before CV ie, the likely deaths have already occurred.

Will of course depend on the period analysed vs total numbers - and how various governments "spin" the numbers!

Thailand will be an exception in that respect. With the lockdown over the Songkran period the reduction in road traffic fatalities has led to a reduction in overall fatalities. Current reduction at around 8% according to a source that cannot be quoted but every chance this holiday weekend will change the figure.

• Like 1

I've been living here for 6 years, during which, if one accepts the figures, some 130,000 people have died on the roads of Thailand, yet I didn't know a single one of them.

So the chances of me or my immediate family knowing any one of the 3,000 odd cases of Covid 19 that have been confirmed, are so remote as to be discounted.

However, if you want to talk about dengue fever, that's a different matter. Both my wife and I, plus around 50 others in the village have had it so far.

So welcome to the new and very real epidemic.

• Like 2