Has Any TVF Member Had Covid 19? Does Any Member Know of Anyone Who Has Definitely Had Covid 19

Pilotman

8 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I've had fatigue and kidney impairment for years. Nothing to do with Corona. I'm not rubbishing your story, but such happens to otherwise fit and healthy people without anything to do with Corona.

Sympathy for them, but are they unusual or the norm? That has yet to be determined.

I can assure that both the relatives in their 60s were competing senior athletes, with no co-morbidities. The fatigue is being able to only do about 30 minutes very mild activity then have exhaustion for hours on end.

The younger one also had no health issues prior to infection, so your fatigue may be age related, these conditions are not age related.

Norm? there are plenty of papers from reputable sources, about the ongoing effects of infection for many.

People in their 40s and younger are also experiencing ongoing cardiac issues and some are having cardio-vascular accidents (strokes) when previously health individuals (more than would be expected in that age group)

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, 2long said:
29 minutes ago, bert bloggs said:

is there anywhere in Pattaya where you can check if you have had it,i dont know anyone who has had it ,but begining of Jan i was very sick and a bit delirious ,but had not heard of covid then, just dont know what was wrong , 

I thought that being sick and delirious was a condition of being able/allowed to live in Pattaya? ????

...or a symptom of being drunk!

I have been tested regularly for the past few months along with all my colleagues and only one Person so far had a positive result and he was asymptomatic. A number showed positive on the anti body test but there were question marks around its accuracy and subsequent testing with an improved test method showed the negative. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Inepto Cracy said:

I have had it on two confirmed occasions. The worst part for me is the testing with that stick up your nose. I am fully recovered now, but my body produced no anti bodies at all. So would a vaccine help, my answer would be a resounding no.

In Thailand?  When, and where were you treated?

15 minutes ago, jonwilly said:

"I haven't to my knowledge had it and nobody I know has had it.  Among all my friends and family. nobody knows of anyone who has tested positive for Covid 19, or anyone who has been hospitalised with the virus.  Any TVF Members can share info on their circle of friends and family? "

Up to last week I also used to say that I knew nobody and neither did anyone I know, know anyone who had C19 here in CM or Thailand.

However last week i was informed by a reliable source that a frang customer at his restaurant had caught the infection.

So your answer is, "no, I don't know anyone who contracted it, either."

40 minutes ago, bert bloggs said:

is there anywhere in Pattaya where you can check if you have had it,i dont know anyone who has had it ,but begining of Jan i was very sick and a bit delirious ,but had not heard of covid then, just dont know what was wrong , 

That was the jello shots at Iron. They're wicked.

55 minutes ago, bert bloggs said:

Bangkok Pattaya Hospital does COVID-19 tests for 6500 Baht.

https://www.bangkokpattayahospital.com/en/hospital-news-en/packages-promotions-en/item/2740-covid19-screening-test-en.html

• Thanks 1

Nobody I know had it.

In January I was on a vessel in Nigerian waters, roughly 70 chinese on board. ( divers, riggers, client...). One day I developed a fever. Saw the medic, he tested for Malaria, but negativ.

For 1 week I felt terrible, lost a lot of weight and slowly recovered. It could have been the virus, but it is just guessing.

Once the job finished, we had to stay 14 days on the vessel before allowed to fly home.

• Thanks 1

Don't know anyone who has had a confirmed case of SARS COV 2 nor do any of my friends here in Bangkok. However, one friend had a British relative who was a doctor or nurse (can't remember) in the UK who tested positive.

However, some of my friends and acquaintances believe they had it in the very early days, roughly November through February. I had what I described at the time (mid-November) a "really weird flu."  It was after a week long trip to Pattaya, taking a bus both ways. I had shivers and shakes, fever, then sweats over 4 days, feeling really ragged and weak. Then nothing.

Keep wondering whether it's worth getting an anti-body test. Although it may be too late to detect them.

Edited by Kaoboi Bebobp

4 far family members ( they all close family ) , all died of Covid within timespan of 3 weeks . Several others i know had it , 1 being on respirator . So i think i prob know 10-15 people who did have it .

A friend whose in his mid sixties and lives in the UK came up to visit me for NY.

He returned in February and went to Spain (I know) for business.

His Thai wife who lives in Chiang Mai told my wife that on his return to

the UK, he was diagnosed with Coronavirus.

I emailed him that night and he told me he has been self isolating for the last 7 days, but is now on the mend.

He wasn't answering his phone the next day so his wife contacted a friend who went around to check on him and he

had passed away.

He had a history of diabetes.

• Sad 3

My grandmother caught it in her nursing home and didn't make it ????  She was 108 years old. Every day since I think about the long life she lived, and how much longer she could have lived. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

Thousands of TVF members

who know 1000's of people.

All the older expats living here.  And their Thai partners who have families with older family members and parents.

And no one personally knows of anyone who has gotten it in Thailand?

Interesting.

My niece is a junior doctor at a fairly large government hospital in Bangkok. Late March one of her friends and colleagues was tested positive and quarantined at the hospital, my niece and some others were sent home till the end of April. My niece didn't develop any symptoms, her friend recovered and was then also sent home till the end of April.

As far as I can remember that hospital had less than 20 positive cases and no deaths. With about 3000 cases out of around 69 million, the odds would be low of anyone coming across a positive case.

• Like 2

When Thailand first had it, sometime in January I felt hot but not feverish hot, had a sore throat (mild) and minor cough for almost 3 weeks on and off. Never felt that way before. never had a flu shot and never got the flu by the way. I have a huge circle of friends and family back in the US. One friend told me two of his friends nearby died from it. My daughter has a friend that has it and that's it.

Know several in the USA who have had it, one of whom is a Doctor, one of whom is a "Long Hauler". The former got through it with a lot of medicine and close monitoring (and knowledge of being a Doctor) but said it was very very unpleasant, the second one is over 100 days on oxygen and counting. Improvement is microscopic and she feels like this is going to be the way it is for the rest of her life. Terrible what happens to some people with this. Watching the slow motion car crash in the States is difficult for those of us with friends and family there.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, fredwiggy said:

When Thailand first had it, sometime in January I felt hot but not feverish hot, had a sore throat (mild) and minor cough for almost 3 weeks on and off. Never felt that way before. never had a flu shot and never got the flu by the way. I have a huge circle of friends and family back in the US. One friend told me two of his friends nearby died from it. My daughter has a friend that has it and that's it.

Me too!

And all my family.

5 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

I noticed that there were a lot more funerals in our village between February and May, older people dying of natural causes we were told, make of that what you will.

I know of 3 death in Baan Nok where the ppl just died in their village huts.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, sandyf said:

As far as I can remember that hospital had less than 20 positive cases and no deaths. With about 3000 cases out of around 69 million, the odds would be low of anyone coming across a positive case.

I would assume it was the Thai testing at fault.

Either because they're too stupid to operate the equipment properly, or deliberately hide the results.

When I used to work back in the UK, at every unusual 'security' event we used to shout "conspiricy or cockup?"

99 times out of 100 it was cockup!

When Cambodia or other neighbouring countries test their citizens returning home from Thailand, the test results are surprisingly different.

Edited by BritManToo

No one on this side of the planet, however my daughter in Oz, was having lunch with her girlfriend, her gf's boyfriend and mother who was at a pub in Casula, Sydney the night before, they found out a couple of days later that a cluster had developed there, she got tested, negative, thank Buddha.

I think we should all look at this CV-19 as a lesson on improving our own health if we are able to, e.g. start eating healthy, start getting some sun, start exercising and take some supplements, we need to build up our immune systems as we age to be able to combat any of these so called invaders for now and the future, doing the opposite just makes us more susceptible, so from where I am sitting, I am fine, I do apply social distancing when I can, keep my hands clean, wear a mask when out and about, keep giving the Mrs an evening serve as if its my last, and thank Buddha every morning I awake without CV-19

Edited by 4MyEgo
  • Like 1

I asked this same question to a couple of friends and only one said he knew of someone who got it and died, a farang here in Thailand

I reckon I know a good few people here in Thailand Bangkok/Phuket/Chiang Mai

I know 5 people who had it, 1 in Thailand, 4 in Europe. 3 of them had flu-like symptoms, lots of cough, difficulty breathing, low fever, headache, dizziness, overall weakness. 1 had no symptoms at all. And last one spent a good month on ventilator, that was the husband of the woman who had no symptoms. In Europe all of them got infected from same asymptomatic person. All of them are in early to mid 40's.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, robblok said:

Yes but not in Thailand, in my home country. Family friend 65 no real other health issues. Did not make it. Strange as not overweight or other health issues. Sometimes its just bad luck i guess. Not sure from who he got it. I did not get all the info though. 

and you know what can of chronic diseases this person had or medication taking ?

if high blood pressure = ace2 inhibitors... see the link ?

do all your family members tell you every time they visit an MD what disease they have ?

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, fredwiggy said:

Hot but not feverish. One of my nephews is a monk. He called one evening in March quite worried complaining of odd symptoms including a hot chest but no fever. I looked it up and this is common to SARS2 when it gets deep in the lungs. He also had occasional pain in his side that would alternate between left and right, and a sense of not having enough oxygen at night.  But, he said none of the symptoms were strong and he didn't have a cold.

We sent him some zinc and Vitamin C the next day. He came over last week so I asked him. He said the symptoms cleared up but even now months later he has some odd sensations in his throat. I can't imagine that was not COVID-19.

Other than that, no one, I have pretty wide contact with Thai and family.  On April 7, Mongutwattana Hospital, 200 meters away, announced 7 staff and doctors were diagnosed positive. So we stopped going there, last visit was March 31... 

6 minutes ago, Bender Rodriguez said:

and you know what can of chronic diseases this person had or medication taking ?

if high blood pressure = ace2 inhibitors... see the link ?

do all your family members tell you every time they visit an MD what disease they have ?

No this guy was perfectly healthy. Not on any medications. Sorry if it spoils your idea of a covid hoax.

People were wondering why he died so they did question this and his wife told them that he was not taking any medication.

• Like 1