Four types of foreigners to be allowed to enter Thailand: CCSA

webfact

2 hours ago, darksidedog said:

So they will let in migrant workers even though unemployment in the country is through the roof, and pretty much deny anyone who is going to come in and spend money? I wonder what school of economics they attended? Obviously must have been local as they would have failed miserably anywhere else.

Clearly you haven't grasped the seriousness the authorities attach to protecting the country from further infection..... at ALL cost.

They don't give a flying f4rt about international tourism and will sacrifice a large proportion of that 20% of GDP. I thought they might try to salvage high season by opening up air routes by November - that is looking increasingly unlikely so they might as well say F@#% it, and wait to see what happens in the world in the next 6-8 months.

With that background it is eminently sensible to focus on domestic tourism and also kick starting the industries that depend on local cheap labour where the Thai s are too idle to work.

4 hours ago, Turkleton said:

slightly OT...

I am, in Germany, officially married to a Thai woman.
However, I do not have any Thai marriage documents.
Would the German marriage document still be enough to get a COE?

(Apart from the additional <censored> which is needed?)

You will need to have your certificate of marriage apostilled by the MFA (Ministry of Foreign affairs) , translated by an (approved by the Thai embassy if any) translator and again apostilled. Then bring it to the Thai embassy as proof of marriage which, normally, will be recognised in Thailand.

7 hours ago, from the home of CC said:

if Thailand had listened to advice from posters on TVF it would had every hospital full of dying people...

They had, you just were not told about it.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, alyx said:

You will need to have your certificate of marriage apostilled by the MFA (Ministry of Foreign affairs) , translated by an (approved by the Thai embassy if any) translator and again apostilled. Then bring it to the Thai embassy as proof of marriage which, normally, will be recognised in Thailand.

Does that mean, I have to send my certificates to Thailand and somebody has to translate, "apostill" (legalize?) them twice at the MFA, and after that procedure send back to Germany?

Just for a "certificate of entry" at the Thai embassy in Germany...?

I tried to call the embassy(ies) several times, but it is almost impossible to get a competent person on the phone.

Edited by Turkleton

3 hours ago, reallyaffiliated said:

And why are you surprised about that? Makes a lot of sense right, who do you think is going to add more to the economy?

Read my post again.  It says nothing about anyone being surprised.  It is a statement of fact not emotion.

3 hours ago, Turkleton said:

Does that mean, I have to send my certificates to Thailand and somebody has to translate, "apostill" (legalize?) them twice at the MFA, and after that procedure send back to Germany?

Just for a "certificate of entry" at the Thai embassy in Germany...?

I tried to call the embassy(ies) several times, but it is almost impossible to get a competent person on the phone.

No

That has to be done in Germany

The MFA in Germany 

Translated in Germany as well 

It should not take long but then again I am not aware of the length of this process in that particular country 

I hope this has helped 

10 hours ago, bodga said:

Rich , very  rich,  even richer, and wetdream TAT rich

You pinched my post content!  ????  Now I have to go with: Millionaire, Multi Millionaire, Billionaire and Trillionaire which doesn't have the same impact does it.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, darksidedog said:

So they will let in migrant workers even though unemployment in the country is through the roof, and pretty much deny anyone who is going to come in and spend money? I wonder what school of economics they attended? Obviously must have been local as they would have failed miserably anywhere else.

I guess they bring in migrant workers as Thai people (even desperate and unemployed ones) don’t want to do the work.

Trade Fairs!!!!!

i can not think of a worse group.

Tom Clancy used trade fairs as targets for creating super-spreader vectors in on book; when a madman wanted to start a world wide pandemic....

Many people in an enclosed space for a weekend or week, who then fly off around the country and region with little or no track or trace abilities, on public transport, during their contagious periods.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, from the home of CC said:

if Thailand had listened to advice from posters on TVF it would had every hospital full of dying people...

"If". It is very difficult to prove what did not happen. Please provide the method or device you possess that tells you such things. It may be usefull in the stockmarket.

• Haha 2

15 hours ago, webfact said:

2. Foreign film crew who will follow a specific itinerary, which can be controlled;

What a joke! This will get the economy going again! (insert sarcasm)

Every time the gov comes out with something like this I always think it's the last.........but I'm always amazed when the next, more incredibly stupid statement comes out. It's blatantly obvious how they came up with the "Amazing Thailand" saying.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pookondee said:

This is a good sign.

If it all goes good, then things can kick on from there, which is albeit a small step towards tourism normality.

I For one, am SO sick and tired of the scared little bเtch mentality

of posters on here, 

always moaning how there will be no international travel for years and how Thailand will be closed for another 2 years.

So many have hopelessly swallowed the MSM bullsหit, hook line and sinker.

Scared miserable people.

Y'all might as well jump in your own graves now and be done with it.

Spot on 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pookondee said:

This is a good sign.

If it all goes good, then things can kick on from there, which is albeit a small step towards tourism normality.

I For one, am SO sick and tired of the scared little bเtch mentality

of posters on here, 

always moaning how there will be no international travel for years and how Thailand will be closed for another 2 years.

So many have hopelessly swallowed the MSM bullsหit, hook line and sinker.

Scared miserable people.

Y'all might as well jump in your own graves now and be done with it.

Could not have said better myself. most sensible post yet. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

14 hours ago, robblok said:

Because even though there is loads of unemployment the leaders of this country need cheap labor. The Thais won't do it. The rich factory owners wont pay enough and Thais wont do it. So I see why to benefit the rich again.

The official minimum wage is equal for Thais and foreign labor. If this would be enforced to pay, no diifference. As there is no unemployment money, guess Thais sooner or later would have to take on theses jobs to have an income. Much better for the local economy, as money would syay in the country @ 100 %

When will we see Non O Ret. folks that are stuck abroad on the Master List ? Unbelievable...... before year end ?  Or are we coming in with the 30 - 60 day tourists in February.    JOKE........   

• Thanks 1