Kingdom helps WHO provide lessons on controlling an outbreak

snoop1130

7 minutes ago, GAZZPA said:

This just Thailand exercising their over inflated sense of importance in the world. I will file this alongside "Thai will be the new global, international language" and "thai people don't need helmets due to their genetically thicker skulls",,,

In the meantime lets leave the boys at Oxford University to coordinate the vaccine and the greatest, global collective minds to formulate a future best practice for dealing with an outbreak.

I wouldn't would trust the Thai government in providing guidelines on how to make an egg sandwich, let alone something as important as this... 

Yes bogus covid numbers abd they have no vaccine 

17 hours ago, DavisH said:

If you want pitiful, look at the US response. And I'm sure the WHO will ask Thailand all the right questions regarding their testing protocol. Perhaps you missed the 7000-odd tests done in Rayong that could not turn up one positive case - there are no or very few asymptomatic carriers here now. And no detected positive cases.

US no Fake numbers and democracy..Get with the program 

nothing on there that no other country didnt do, i still think they fluked it.good luck to em but they havent done anything that no one else hasnt done and i think they just got herd immunity unknowingly. and the climate is a big factor as well i reckon.

17 hours ago, bodga said:

In a country with a convicted  Heroin drug  dealer in a  high  position a  compulsive liar with 20+ watches a Pm who totally rigged an election.............you trust anything they say.

Yes you understand the workings of team Pinnochio. Low numbers attract investors into a failed government with a watch hog sleeper and a crazed health minister. The World Is Yours..

6 hours ago, fraggleRock said:

There is no wave, you have been watching too much MSM.   Thailands method has been to shutdown everything, destroy the country and don’t test anyone and mark all deaths as alternative conditions... no vaccine is forthcoming.  Thailand is the ‘new’ north korea, everything is suppressed and the population are so under educated they believe everything they are spoon fed, your a fool of the highest order and probably a political stooge ...

Europe is doing things right for the most part. Open up the borders and businesses, along with social distancing and mask wearing. Track, trace and test, and you will keep the infection rate around or below R1. This is life until we get a vaccine or the virus fizzles out. Antibodies only last 3 or so months, however memory T-cells have been seen to last 17 years for SARS which is COVID-19s older cousin. It has also been shown that people who were infected with SARS have immunity to COVID-19 due to these T-cells. Keeping everything closed for months and months is a moron move, and Thailand will really feel the pinch when this is all said and done, more so than most other nations  

7 minutes ago, Mung said:

Europe is doing things right for the most part. Open up the borders and businesses, along with social distancing and mask wearing. Track, trace and test, and you will keep the infection rate around or below R1. This is life until we get a vaccine or the virus fizzles out. Antibodies only last 3 or so months, however memory T-cells have been seen to last 17 years for SARS which is COVID-19s older cousin. It has also been shown that people who were infected with SARS have immunity to COVID-19 due to these T-cells. Keeping everything closed for months and months is a moron move, and Thailand will really feel the pinch when this is all said and done, more so than most other nations  

absolutely correct, we will all live with this risk until an effective vaccine or it naturally dies out,,, protect the vulnerable let others get back to work so they can get the economy moving and put some food on the table,,, it is the only sensible way to go...

11 minutes ago, Mung said:

Seems to be alright there already. One of my German friends is on a road trip right now, will even be travelling through Sweden. Finland seems to be pretty normal again, as well. That's to say they are back to the normal "let's raise the taxes to pay for EU" daily curriculum.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Raknunmak said:

Opinions are like assh*%es everybody has one. If you hate Thailand and thier government so much. Go back to the country you hate and who hates you. Just saying...... 

Instead of just attacking those of us who find fault with the current Thai military government,  why just say something in defense of them?   Many feel that had the WHO listened to Taiwan, lives would have been saved.  Thailand does not hold a candle to Taiwan in many respects at this time.   

9 hours ago, lks7689 said:

If Thailand is really doing that well to prevent covid, the government would have been a lot more confident in opening up the economy already. 

Nah. The economy is still partially closed and government issuing stern warnings about it still being a risk to justify the continuance of emergency powers. All about control in the face of an increasingly hostile populace, not about Covid.

• Like 2

Those 9 pillars are general rules to prevent a pandemic and not new or special for Covid-19.
Pillar 10 is missing.
10 ruin the economics of your country, instead of accepting a low and controlled number of infections.
The virus will not disappear soon, therefore it is better to live with it and take a controlled risk. 

By the way, the WHO is running a list of road traffic deaths. Thailand as one of the top leader of the list, could help the WHO reducing death by road traffic.

• Like 1

They seem to have forgotten:

1. Don't test for the virus

2. Have a xenophobic Health Minister

3. Charge exorberent fees to test for the virus

Yesterday after having all of the symptoms of Covid 19,  I went to Bumrungrad Emergency and they did not want to do a Covid 19 test.  I was shocked.  I explained that I arrived from the North of Thailand 3 days previous with no symptoms and by the following day had all the symptoms and then found out that 5 members of my staff had the same symptoms, my child, his mother and 7 students of his 20 student class also had the same symptoms. Only after insisting that they do the test did they agree to it.  I asked the doctor if he was told by the government to not test and he did the Thai thing where they laugh and smile.  He then said the cost of the test was expensive.  Amazing!  I was told they would call me 10 hours later with the results but when there was no call I called them to be informed that the test was negative.  Big relief for everyone.

The test is painful as they stick a swab into your nasal cavity and it hurts.  I have gold insurance with a Thai company and they refused to pay but did pay for the influenza A and B test.  Here is what was on the bill for the test:  Non Cover Novel Coronavirus = 4,400.00 Baht , Face Shield = 207.00 Baht , Mask N95 = 275.40 Baht , PPE Set 3 = 1,134.00 Baht 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Kohkah said:

Those 9 pillars are general rules to prevent a pandemic and not new or special for Covid-19.
Pillar 10 is missing.
10 ruin the economics of your country, instead of accepting a low and controlled number of infections.
The virus will not disappear soon, therefore it is better to live with it and take a controlled risk. 

By the way, the WHO is running a list of road traffic deaths. Thailand as one of the top leader of the list, could help the WHO reducing death by road traffic.

Correct no good running.

On 7/25/2020 at 10:15 AM, hatyaiair said:

They seem to have forgotten:

1. Don't test for the virus

2. Have a xenophobic Health Minister

3. Charge exorberent fees to test for the virus

Yesterday after having all of the symptoms of Covid 19,  I went to Bumrungrad Emergency and they did not want to do a Covid 19 test.  I was shocked.  I explained that I arrived from the North of Thailand 3 days previous with no symptoms and by the following day had all the symptoms and then found out that 5 members of my staff had the same symptoms, my child, his mother and 7 students of his 20 student class also had the same symptoms. Only after insisting that they do the test did they agree to it.  I asked the doctor if he was told by the government to not test and he did the Thai thing where they laugh and smile.  He then said the cost of the test was expensive.  Amazing!  I was told they would call me 10 hours later with the results but when there was no call I called them to be informed that the test was negative.  Big relief for everyone.

The test is painful as they stick a swab into your nasal cavity and it hurts.  I have gold insurance with a Thai company and they refused to pay but did pay for the influenza A and B test.  Here is what was on the bill for the test:  Non Cover Novel Coronavirus = 4,400.00 Baht , Face Shield = 207.00 Baht , Mask N95 = 275.40 Baht , PPE Set 3 = 1,134.00 Baht 

Even if you have it, you never will