Where can we meet?

habuspasha

One of the few places I can fly to from New York is the Maldives.  For my GF, Thai AirAsia lists flights between Bangkok and the Maldives. Are they for real?  (Bangkok Airways is no longer doing it.)  Is it clear that Thais can travel internationally to some places if they quarantine on return?  If so, are their other places we could meet?  She is willing to do the 14 day quarantine on return to BKK, but now she says she would feel the need to do another 14 days at home.  Are their reasons for that degree of caution?  Thanks for any info  or advice.

• Haha 1

Thank you both.  Good advice.  Guess I'll have to go back to plan A:  meeting in Thailand.  Maybe there's some hope if I spring for the elite visa.

In addition, I've learned that WHO says that the incubation period can be up to 21 days and one study from China reported an upper limit of 24 days.

On 7/23/2020 at 8:37 PM, BritManToo said:

AIrAsia has ceased all international flights from Thailand at the moment.

Do not pay them money, they are about to go under, and you won't get a flight or your money back.

What will they do with all the "swag" they try to sell ya on the flights  Air Asia condoms? Air Asia sex dolls?

As for where can we meet...in the current situation, along the boulevard of broken dreams, sadly......

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, marin said:

Lotta love you have going on mate. B500,000 for an Elite visa..

Thank you.  I feel very lucky. 

Already saved good part of the cost by having to cancel May and July reservations.  Haven't been together since December.  Thank the gods for Line.

Air Asia is not one airline.  There is Air Asia Thailand, Air Asia Malaysia, Air Asia Philippines and maybe more.  I found out the hard way.  I flew from Thailand to the Philippines.  At my layover, which was either Hong Kong or Singapore (can't remember),  I had to deplane, collect my bags, exit immigration and then check in again.  All because I departed on 
Thai Air Asia and arrived on Air Asia Philippines. 

• Sad 2
  • Haha 1

My buddy flew from Virginia to Turkey. His Thai GF flew from Bangkok to Turkey. They both applied for and received 90 day permission to stay. He says its a little more expensive than Thailand. With limited options it's not a bad option he says.

• Like 2

there are flights to Tanzania from here which Thais can enter for 90 days
Also Georgia should be opening up its borders to international flights starting next month
which Thais can stay upto 1 year (no visa)

2 hours ago, CrunchWrapSupreme said:

"Low-cost carrier Air Asia’s ability to continue is in 'significant doubt', says auditor Ernst & Young." - businesstraveller.com ????

CEO-Spotlight-AirAsia’s-Tony-Fernandes.jpg

The one on the left has has both her nose and chin done.

2 hours ago, UnkleGoooose said:

Surely if 90 odd percent of Thais are against dirty foreigners travelling to and entering Thailand, then surely they must be equally against 90% of Thais travelling too, whether for work, family, business.. Otherwise that would be hypocrisy. Right? 

Indeed. My wife and I were set to leave for France 1 May. Flights cancelled and I've remained here ever since. I want to leave now. She does not, nor for me to leave. We just got her a new Schengen visa from French Embassy at significant travel cost  even though visa itself free for her as my wife andx I am French resident. So find a flight out and we are set. But she and family not happy, fear of infection in Europe.  Also worried about getting back in. Stay they say.

14 hours ago, habuspasha said:

Thank you both.  Good advice.  Guess I'll have to go back to plan A:  meeting in Thailand.  Maybe there's some hope if I spring for the elite visa.

In addition, I've learned that WHO says that the incubation period can be up to 21 days and one study from China reported an upper limit of 24 days.

From the research I have done re Elite Visa it can tan take up to 3 months to obtain one.

14 hours ago, habuspasha said:

Why don't you sit tight for a while? Spend 500k for an Elite visa just to meet your gf? Plus 14 days (at the moment) quarantine in BKK on arrival, and those hotels are not cheap if you want a proper one. 

18 hours ago, habuspasha said:

From NBC News in the U.S.:

The recommendation of 10 days is specifically for those who test positive for the coronavirus and have been asked to self-isolate.

It doesn’t apply to people who need to quarantine to keep from possibly spreading the virus. The incubation period for the virus is 14 days, health experts say, so anyone who has been exposed to the virus would need to quarantine to see if they become sick.

Most people who are infected develop symptoms after about five days, although approximately 20 to 40 percent who are infected don’t develop any symptoms.

https://www.nbcnews.com/health/health-news/cdc-changes-covid-19-guidance-how-long-patients-need-be-n1234883

7 hours ago, mr336 said:

My buddy flew from Virginia to Turkey. His Thai GF flew from Bangkok to Turkey. They both applied for and received 90 day permission to stay. He says its a little more expensive than Thailand. With limited options it's not a bad option he says.

I actually think that would a great option, if can happen. Turkey is a beautiful country and cheap for a US man. Lots of fun and a lot to do in Istanbul, but of course European part of the city would be more pleasant. 

1 hour ago, The Theory said:

I actually think that would a great option, if can happen. Turkey is a beautiful country and cheap for a US man. Lots of fun and a lot to do in Istanbul, but of course European part of the city would be more pleasant. 

I love Turkey, but would she be sure of getting back to Bangkok?

5 hours ago, xtrnuno41 said:

You are from New York, do i need to say more? No one would like to meet you.

Thanks for the vote  of confidence.  NYC now has a R (effective reproduction) Value of 1, essentially stable, at a much lower rate than March and April (about 1/10).

5 hours ago, Max69xl said:

Why don't you sit tight for a while? Spend 500k for an Elite visa just to meet your gf? Plus 14 days (at the moment) quarantine in BKK on arrival, and those hotels are not cheap if you want a proper one. 

You've never wanted to see someone that much? It's been 8 months. I DO worry about her quarantine, but she says she's willing to do it.

2 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

2020-07-25-318.jpg.688a64dd3e82237daf6e65c7ee594ad4.jpg

The one on the left -- a very odd looking chin and face overall... something very amiss there.

The one on the right -- I definitely could quarantine with her....  :tongue:

The one on left still owes 947k on a car that was too expensive for her in the first place. The one on the right likes designer bags. And the list of "bfs" who pay for their upkeep is as long my arm.

On the other hand, if the billionaire in the middle were up for a little hanky panky with a straight guy simply out of pandemic boredom, I would be available. For a small consideration.