Steps required to enter Thailand

webfact

Steps required to enter Thailand

By The Nation

800_a47b63dc1e71f8f.jpg?v=1595579242

The Centre for Covid-19 Situation Administration (CCSA) has issued the following guidelines on entering Thailand for non-Thai residents and travellers:

Before departure

Travellers are required to contact the Royal Thai Embassy or consulate to get an entry visa and a certificate of entry, which will be considered on a case-by-case basis, taking into account the urgency, need and reasons provided in the application form. 

Applications must include travel details, health insurance with a coverage of at least US$100,000, booking at an alternative state quarantine site and any other documents that the CCSA may require.

The approval process will take approximately seven working days, and the applicant will be contacted when approved. 

Day of travel

Travellers are required to carry a certificate of entry, health insurance, certificate of a Covid-19 test taken within a 72-hour period with a negative result and a fit-to-fly certificate. 

Upon arrival

Travellers will undergo tests at the airport and then be transferred to an alternative state quarantine site that should have been booked in advance. 

Required documents for Non-Thai Nationals

Spouses, parents or children of Thai nationals

1. Certificate or evidence of family ties with the Thai national

Non-Thais who have been permitted to reside in Thailand

1. Proof of residency in Thailand

Non-Thais who hold a work permit or have been granted permission to work in Thailand, along with their spouse and children. 

1. Work permit or letter of employment 

2. Evidence of family ties (in the case of spouse and children)

Non-Thais who are students at educational establishments in Thailand that have been approved by Thai authorities, including their parents or guardians.

1. Proof of student status or letter of acceptance from the educational institution 

2. Proof of relationship with parents or guardians

Non-Thais in need of medical treatment in Thailand, except for treatment of Covid-19, including people accompanying them (not exceeding three persons). These tourists are only allowed to arrive by air.

1. Evidence showing financial ability to bear medical expenses or equivalent documents

2. Health insurance or other forms of insurance

3. Letter from referring hospital in the country of origin stating reasons for medical treatment in Thailand

4. Letter from the receiving hospital in Thailand accepting the applicant for treatment and confirmation of quarantine arrangements for the applicant and accompanying persons. 

For more information

Covid-19 Information Centre hotline 1111

Department of Consular Affairs, Foreign Ministry Tel: (+662) 572 8442

Civil Aviation Authority of Thailand Tel: (+66) 2568 8800.

Department of Disease Control, Public Health Ministry at 1422, (+669) 6847 8209, (+669) 2726 0474

Immigration Bureau hotline 1178 or (+662) 287 3101

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30391878

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-07-24

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 5

According to the above "non-Thais who have been permitted to reside in Thailand" are given a shot at getting into the country.

I'm guessing that the definition they will use for residence is more onerous than the ThaiRev (thai tax authority) test of residence - "an individual is regarded as a tax resident if he/she resides in Thailand at one or more times for an aggregate period of 180 days or more in any tax year" (PwC Thailand Tax Booklet)

Were tax residence to be acceptable I don't doubt there are many falang out there 'stranded abroad' who normally live here full-time (indeed I have two mates in that situation) some of whom would be prepared to meet the financial and time burdens of returning and reoccupying the houses they have kept financed for the last 4 months.

I'm guessing the true acceptable test of residence is more akin to Permanent Residence. Anyone know?

• Thanks 1

Applications must include travel details, health insurance with a coverage of at least US$100,000, booking at an alternative state quarantine site and any other documents that the CCSA may require.

This only says Health insurance coverage of US$100,000 it is not COVID specific. ( But the wind can change ) or it may not have been proof read correctly.

5 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Foreigners need a certificate of Insurance stating Covid-19 Cover up to at least US$100,000 

This is one of the documents required to obtain the Certificate of Entry issued by your local Thai Embassy. 

Note: The Medical Insurance which covers Covid-19 is a single policy.

But, I suppose you could hold your regular health insurance and also obtain travel insurance (if you can find one) which would provide you with a Certificate of Cover stating Cover for Covid-19 up to US$100,000

If you or your Son are Thai this insurance is not required. 

3 hours ago, Anna Rak said:

This only says Health insurance coverage of US$100,000 it is not COVID specific. ( But the wind can change ) or it may not have been proof read correctly.

"Health Insurance covering Covid19 at least 100,000 us dollars"

This is exactly the quote from an e-mail from the Thai Embassy UK - they were very clear that the Health Insurance must cover treatment for Covid-19 up to (or greater) than US$100,000.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

That depends if there are any repatriation flights into Phuket from Nepal. 

(just a guess) I imagine any repatriation flights are only travelling into Bangkok, which would involved carrying out your 15 day Alternative State Quarantine in Bangkok before travelling back to the Airport and taking a domestic flight to Phuket. 

I hope we dont have to stay again in phuket for quarantine. This is so mind boggling.

18 minutes ago, Bhawana said:
24 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

That depends if there are any repatriation flights into Phuket from Nepal. 

(just a guess) I imagine any repatriation flights are only travelling into Bangkok, which would involved carrying out your 15 day Alternative State Quarantine in Bangkok before travelling back to the Airport and taking a domestic flight to Phuket. 

I hope we dont have to stay again in phuket for quarantine. This is so mind boggling.

There is no quarantine requirement for domestic passengers. 

The best thing you can do is e-mail the Thai Embassy in Kathmandu and ask them if they are processing Certificate of Entry applications for repatriation to Thailand and if there are any repatriation flights. 

https://www.thaiembnepal.org.np/?do=services&index=visa

If so, what are the requirements and can you meet them?

(e.g.. Non-Immigrant Type B Visa (or extension) and Work permit holder, Spouse of a Thai with a Marriage Certificate, or parent of a Thai Child and you are listed on the Birth Certificate: Note).

13 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Foreigners need a certificate of Insurance stating Covid-19 Cover up to at least US$100,000 

This is one of the documents required to obtain the Certificate of Entry issued by your local Thai Embassy. 

But, I suppose you could hold your regular health insurance and also obtain travel insurance (if you can find one) which would provide you with a Certificate of Cover stating Cover for Covid-19 up to US$100,000

If you have regular health insurance, I would have thought that the insurers would be able to provide confirmation that you are covered for COVID-19 up to the policy limit. The same with travel insurance, if it's covered of course.

If not, where do you find COVID-specific insurance?

13 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Do you know whether the USD100K insurance policy document needs to specifically state "Covid-19"?

It is a bit confusing because I have read elsewhere that insurance covering only Covid-19 is insufficient whereas the requirement is for medical insurance "including" Covid-19.

In my case, I have a policy from Pacific Cross with coverage of USD1M/year and nil exclusions. I have read through the Policy Document and there is no mention of Covid-19, epidemics, pandemics etc. so presumably it is covered but would an embassy/consulate accept that or would they require a separately issued Certificate specifically mentioning Covid-19?

16 hours ago, mark131v said:

Good luck getting all that together unless you are related to the red bull heir!!!

Will he have to go into a local flea pit of a so called hotel to do his 14 days quarantine of course not ☹️☹️☹️

1 hour ago, thedemon said:

Do you know whether the USD100K insurance policy document needs to specifically state "Covid-19"?

It is a bit confusing because I have read elsewhere that insurance covering only Covid-19 is insufficient whereas the requirement is for medical insurance "including" Covid-19.

In my case, I have a policy from Pacific Cross with coverage of USD1M/year and nil exclusions. I have read through the Policy Document and there is no mention of Covid-19, epidemics, pandemics etc. so presumably it is covered but would an embassy/consulate accept that or would they require a separately issued Certificate specifically mentioning Covid-19?

I have medical coverage also with Pacific Cross and last March they sent me this email. They also issue me a letter that I am covered for Covid 19

Policyholder_RequirementForInsurance.pdf

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Bhawana said:

If im travelling with my son for his admission in school to we have to do medical insurance plus covid 19 insurance equal to 100000 usd$ still or just medical insurance will do?

Your Medical Insurance must have a Covid 19 Inclusion within the policy.