Thai embassy London no COE ?

I have a visa to return to my partner and kids in Thailand. Finally got my work all sorted, so am in a position to return to Thailand. Contacted the Thai embassy in London, regarding information on Certificiate to Fly, and the process involved.

Got an abrupt one reply, saying they are "no commercial flights to Thailand at the moment".

I see this is going to be a long arduous process in typical Thai style.

I'm sure they are being bombarded with emails with the same generic questions - why not then put a FAQ section? That would be too simple.

So anyways can anyone digest what they meant by this earth grabbing email? Am i going to face months and months of wait here of going through hoop after hoop ?

Pretty deflated this morning.

35 minutes ago, howerde said:

This from London Thai embassy website,  also as there are no repatriation flights notified at the moment, they are not issuing COE's  

http://www.thaiembassy.org/london/en/services/7742/119247-Requirements-for-Certificate-of-Entry-during-trave.html

This is what confuses me still. 

1)At what point do you apply for COE? 

2) Also let's say a flight becomes available, how do you get to know about it? Is it simply calling the embassy everyday type scenario?

3) If a flight becomes available, is it at the point i apply for the COE ?

4) I'm really losing the will to go on with this trip. 

The way i understand it, this is the category you are applying under, i'm sure someone will correct me, email the documents as requested, they should get back to you if things are missing, if everything is in order, and a flight becomes available the London embassy will contact you (the flights are decided by bangkok MFA?  so the london embassy can't help. i can't apply yet as i only have an OA visa, i have been waiting since April.

For family members of Thai nationals (spouse/child/parent)

While Thailand still puts in place travel restriction, spouse or child or parent of a Thai national can apply for the Certificate of Entry to go to Thailand.  

Required documents, which must be submitted by email to [email protected] : 

1. Your passport copy and your spouse's or child’s or your parent's passport copy
  2. A copy of your Thai visa (if already expired, you have to apply for a new one)
  3. Copy of marriage certificate or birth certificate
  4. Copy of health insurance policy which covers COVID related medical treatment and coverage of no less than 100,000 USD
  5. A copy of a hotel booking for Alternative State Quarantine (ASQ) at one of the hotels approved by the Thai authorities 
  6. Other supporting documents (if any), such as if you own a property in Thailand
  7. Declaration form, duly completed and signed

If you already have valid visa or re-entry permit, please send your documents for the Certificate of Entry by email to [email protected]

If your visa has expired or you do not have visa, you have to apply for both the Certificatea of Entry and visa at the same time. 

* Documents in 4-7 cannot be uploaded in the e-visa system, so you have to provide hard copies when submitting your passport.

http://www.thaiembassy.org/london/en/services/7742/84508-Non-Immigrant-visas.html

What you need to present at airlines check-in counter and upon arrival in Thailand:

1. The Certificate of Entry 
  2. Declaration for
  3. Fit to Fly health certificate (within 72 hours before departure) 
  4. Medical certificate with a laboratory result indicating that COVID -19 is not detected (COVID test must be by RT-PCR method), issued within 72 hours before departure
  5. Copy of your insurance policy which covers COVID and no less than 100,000 USD
  6. Copy of your confirmed booking at an ASQ hotel
  7. T.8 form 

7 minutes ago, AndrewMciver said:

This is what confuses me still. 

Thailand is under Emergency Decree - there are no passenger flights into Thailand. 

The only travel into Thailand is by Embassy organised Repatriation flights. 

1)At what point do you apply for COE? 

You can apply for the Certificate of Entry (Thai Embassy UK) at any time. However, it seems that due to high demand and there being no planned repatriation flights in the immediate future they are not processing any CoE applications at this time - It now becomes a waiting game. Keep contacting them on a regular basis. 

2) Also let's say a flight becomes available, how do you get to know about it? Is it simply calling the embassy everyday type scenario?

You will know that flights may become available when you get confirmation that you can start to apply for your Certificate of Entry. 

3) If a flight becomes available, is it at the point i apply for the COE ?

(specifically for the UK) You won’t know what flights are available, you will apply for the CoE first and then you will be told which repatriation flight you can take when one becomes available. 

4) I'm really losing the will to go on with this trip. 

Have a read of the other thread linked to in Post number 2 of this topic - I left a little more details there for Andrew. 

It's a long, slow and potentially emotionally draining process, any decision making is out of your hands.

It's horrible considering in the past we could just make a decision an be on a flight that same day. 

• Like 2

This is the reply i got last week. I have not applied for the COE yet as i am still waiting for documents from my employer.

Dear Sir/Madam,

**Please note that the Civil Aviation Authority of Thailand has announced the extension of travel ban of commercial flights to Thailand until further notice.**

We can not issue your certificate of entry until you have repatriation flight book.

Edited by stubuzz

There are 3 upcoming THAI Airways flights being advertised from BKK to LHR in August (see email copy below I received yesterday). I currently have a ticket 4th Sept from Thailand to London and can get on one of these earlier special flights but have no desire too. 

I am sure that the return sector of these 3 flights (LHR to BKK) will become repatriation/marriage visa holder/work permit holder flights. Best wishes for the OP.

Sent: 24 July 2020 08:33
To: 
Subject: SPECIAL FLIGHT BANGKOK TO LONDON

SPECIAL FLIGHT BANGKOK TO LONDON

Dear Valued Customer,

We are delighted to inform you that THAI will operate special flights from Bangkok to London on 9, 16 and 23 August 2020. If you wish to travel on our special flights,  you can rebook your flight following the  three options as follows:

1. For internet booking ticket, flight can be changed at Manage my booking.

2. For TG ticket (217-) and travel voucher, please contact THAI Contact Center: +66 (0) 2-356-1111.
3. For agent ticket, please directly contact your travel agent.

To comply with the UK arrival regulations, passengers must fill out  the public health passenger locator form click here and self-isolate  14 days when arrives in the UK.

Please note that THAI in-flight services may need to be temporarily altered to comply with health restrictions.

We look forward to welcoming you onboard.

Sincerely yours,
Thai Airways International

Please do not reply to this address.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, richard_smith237 said:

You can apply for the Certificate of Entry (Thai Embassy UK) at any time. However, it seems that due to high demand and there being no planned repatriation flights in the immediate future they are not processing any CoE applications at this time - It now becomes a waiting game. Keep contacting them on a regular basis. 

So is it a keep phoning, emailing everyday type scenario to ask when they are processing CoE? No waiting list of such kind?

You will know that flights may become available when you get confirmation that you can start to apply for your Certificate of Entry. 

How do i get the confirmation that i can apply for CoE. Is there a waiting list? Or a place i put my name down?

(specifically for the UK) You won’t know what flights are available, you will apply for the CoE first and then you will be told which repatriation flight you can take when one becomes available. 

Will you get zero indication or a time frame when you can get on a flight? Ie could it be weeks/months/several months. 

Thanks again. 

READ this and then all can understand why they can not give COE , as they have still 8200 Thais in general to repatriate , and no National carrier flying .

So they give priority to their nationals … which any other country would do , including U.K. or  E.U. country giving priority to their Nationals in first order ! Normal isn't it ?

BANGKOK, May 20 (TNA) -- Foreign Minister Don Pramudwinai said the government could contain the coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) but the Travel Bubble idea would progress on a stage-by-stage basis.

Mr Don was responding to an interpellation of Senator Jate Sirataranont on the return of Thai people stranded in other countries and the government’s decision to delay the arrival of foreign visitors.

The minister said that about 8,200 Thai people already registered for their return by the end of this month and were waiting for their flights.  

Full Story: https://www.mcot.net/viewtna/5f155faee3f8e40af846bdac

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, david555 said:

READ this and then all can understand why they can not give COE , as they have still 8200 Thais in general to repatriate , and no National carrier flying .

So they give priority to their nationals … which any other country would do , including U.K. or  E.U. country giving priority to their Nationals in first order ! Normal isn't it ?

BANGKOK, May 20 (TNA) -- Foreign Minister Don Pramudwinai said the government could contain the coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) but the Travel Bubble idea would progress on a stage-by-stage basis.

Mr Don was responding to an interpellation of Senator Jate Sirataranont on the return of Thai people stranded in other countries and the government’s decision to delay the arrival of foreign visitors.

The minister said that about 8,200 Thai people already registered for their return by the end of this month and were waiting for their flights.  

8200 worldwide isn't exactly huge.

I'm still not understand how i apply for the CoE. Is there a form?

My mate just got a completely different email to me, saying he can apply for a visa and CoE at the same time. Where as i was told they were not accepting CoE at this moment. 

CAN SOMEONE CLARIFY HOW YOU INITIATE THE COE PROCESS? DO YOU DOWNLOAD A FORM? 

4 hours ago, AndrewMciver said:

My mate just got a completely different email to me, saying he can apply for a visa and CoE at the same time. Where as i was told they were not accepting CoE at this moment. 

Andrew, with respect, there really isn’t anymore that can be added to the process I’ve provided you with - its a process I have gone through myself. You just have to keep trying the Embassy.

Your friend has received a different e-mail to you. Is you friend British or Thai?

in this thread it has been reported that next month there are 3 Thai Airways flights from Bangkok to London. While it hasn’t yet been announced, the assumption amongst some ThaiVisa members at the moment is that these flights will return to Thailand as Repatriation Flights (9th, 16th and 23rd).

4 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Andrew, with respect, there really isn’t anymore that can be added to the process I’ve provided you with - its a process I have gone through myself. You just have to keep trying the Embassy.

Your friend has received a different e-mail to you. Is you friend British or Thai?

On another thread it has been reported that next month there are 3 Thai Airways flights from Bangkok to London. While it hasn’t yet been announced, the assumption amongst some ThaiVisa members at the moment is that these flights will return to Thailand as Repatriation Flights (9th, 16th and 23rd) - I see you are also posting in that thread. 

Thanks RIchard, you've been a great help. 

Just getting really down beat and anxious over the whole process, and being close to my family again.Thought once i got all my visa documents ready, it would be straight forward. 

I shall review what you wrote again. 

3 hours ago, AndrewMciver said:
5 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

So is it a keep phoning, emailing everyday type scenario to ask when they are processing CoE? No waiting list of such kind?

When you call them, ask them if they have any idea of when they will open up the CoE application again.

If they don’t know try again with a phone call 3 or 4 days later. 

E-mail them once per week asking if there is any update. 

It wouldn’t hurt to e-mail the Embassy an ask if you can be placed on the CoE waiting list if they have one. 

How do i get the confirmation that i can apply for CoE. Is there a waiting list? Or a place i put my name down?

I'm not aware of a waiting list, but assume there may be one. I assume it will be filled up first by those who present the required documents in an organised format and complete manner (this is a complete guess though). 

Will you get zero indication or a time frame when you can get on a flight? Ie could it be weeks/months/several months. 

Thanks again. 

Once your CoE is approved you will get some notice - I received about 10 days notice and was given an option of two flights, one on 19th and another on 26th July.

However, at the stage of application (Thai Embassy UK) I was there was no information of potential or available flights. 

You have a clue above as to what flights there may be (soi3eddie’s post 9)

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, AndrewMciver said:

Thanks RIchard, you've been a great help. 

Just getting really down beat and anxious over the whole process, and being close to my family again.Thought once i got all my visa documents ready, it would be straight forward. 

I shall review what you wrote again. 

No worries - take a step back. It's difficult, but try not to worry about things which are out of your control. 

On your side, make sure all your documents are in place. 

Make sure your online Visa Application is primed and ready to go. 

Also, try and work out why your friend received a different response. 

Are you the same nationality? was the response from the same e-mail address?

Was the response more recent?

I’ve sent you a PM.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, AndrewMciver said:

There was a first rapport on TVF yesterday from a first arrival back to Thailand from a foreigner by the Embassy procedure ...however not from U.K. but from a Belgium man travelled out by Amsterdam Shiphol airport , and full story of complete travell and arrival BKk  and quarantaine days ...it was under working permit and having a bussines , topic title  :"Back in Thailand"  Poster name SnipTheCat 

https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1174745-back-in-thailand/

Edited by david555

15 hours ago, david555 said:

"

So they give priority to their nationals … which any other country would do , including U.K. or  E.U. country giving priority to their Nationals in first order ! Normal isn't it?"

Yes, but in the last phase they opened up for other groups than Thai nationals. There's been repatriation flights for Thai nationals for several weeks. There must be several Thai in the UK waiting for the situation to change,maybe no quarantine. Now they suddenly realized there won't be any changes. When the last phase kicked in, and other groups could apply for the CoE, the seats on the planes would be available 50/50. It seems like the Thai embassy in London still favours Thai nationals. It's imo wrong when thinking how long they have been able to get back home. 

Edited by Max69xl
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Max69xl said:

"

So they give priority to their nationals … which any other country would do , including U.K. or  E.U. country giving priority to their Nationals in first order ! Normal isn't it?"

Yes, but in the last phase they opened up for other groups than Thai nationals. There's been repatriation flights for Thai nationals  only for several weeks. There must be several Thai in the UK waiting for the situation to change,maybe no quarantine. Now they suddenly realized there won't be any changes. When the last phase kicked in, and other groups could apply for the CoE, the seats on the planes would be available 50/50. It seems like the Thai embassy in London still favours Thai nationals. It's imo wrong when thinking how long they have been able to get back home. 

So, in your opinion it's wrong that the Embassy are prioritising the repatriation of Thai’s because you have made an assumption that ‘some Thai's’ maybe sitting on their hands and waiting for the situation to change so they don’t have to do quarantine....

Meanwhile all the Repatriation flights have been 100% full. 

Your opinion is misguided by an incorrect assumption.

1 hour ago, Max69xl said:

"

Yes, but in the last phase they opened up for other groups than Thai nationals. There's been repatriation flights for Thai nationals for several weeks. There must be several Thai in the UK waiting for the situation to change,maybe no quarantine. Now they suddenly realized there won't be any changes. When the last phase kicked in, and other groups could apply for the CoE, the seats on the planes would be available 50/50. It seems like the Thai embassy in London still favours Thai nationals. It's imo wrong when thinking how long they have been able to get back home. 

" same same but different " ...here in Thailand ...so many "stranded" could fly out to home country ...but waiting amnesty in rows 1 ..2..3?...4?...????

Proves that all people are same ????Thai or Western ????

Edited by david555

This on the RTE London pages this morning:

**Repatriation flights for non-Thai nationals**

Rrgistration will be open soon.

While commercial flights are banned from entering Thailand, the Embassy has arranged repatriation flights to facilitate Thai nationals and non-Thai nationals in the UK and Ireland who need to go to Thailand.

Each flight can accommodate up to 50 non-Thai nationals.

There are 3 flights in August 2020 by Thai Airways International :

- Flight#1 on 9 August 2020

- Flight#2 on 16 August 2020

- Flight#3 on 23 August 2020

All flights are TG917, departing at 21.25 hrs. from London Heathrow Airport, Terminal 2.

Economy class tickets are £689.00 and business class tickets are £2,802.00 (one way from London to Bangkok).

The Emybassy will send the list of registered passengers to Thai Airways International to make booking. Payment for tickets will be made directly to Thai Airways International. 

The Embassy reserves the rights for Thais and non-Thai nationals in the UK and Ireland. 

**The Embassy will issue the Certificate of Entry (CoE) to registered passengers after they have submitted the ASQ hotel booking confirmation.**

On 7/26/2020 at 4:43 PM, david555 said:

" same same but different " ...here in Thailand ...so many "stranded" could fly out to home country ...but waiting amnesty in rows 1 ..2..3?...4?...????

Proves that all people are same ????Thai or Western ????

Well, they do think alike sometime. But if foreigners are relying on another extension of the "amnesty" after September 26, they might be very disappointed. If it doesn't happen and the borders are still closed, they will have a few problems leaving. But,there's still almost 2 months until then. Anything can happen. I think they will open the border to Cambodia,but how they will manage border crossings for foreigners, that's another question. 

They will open for register soon.

From the embassy :

**Repatriation flights for non-Thai nationals**

Rrgistration will be open soon.

While commercial flights are banned from entering Thailand, the Embassy has arranged repatriation flights to facilitate Thai nationals and non-Thai nationals in the UK and Ireland who need to go to Thailand.

Each flight can accommodate up to 50 non-Thai nationals.

There are 3 flights in August 2020 by Thai Airways International :

- Flight#1 on 9 August 2020

- Flight#2 on 16 August 2020

- Flight#3 on 23 August 2020

All flights are TG917, departing at 21.25 hrs. from London Heathrow Airport, Terminal 2.

Economy class tickets are £689.00 and business class tickets are £2,802.00 (one way from London to Bangkok).

The Emybassy will send the list of registered passengers to Thai Airways International to make booking. Payment for tickets will be made directly to Thai Airways International. 

The Embassy reserves the rights for Thais and non-Thai nationals in the UK and Ireland. 

**The Embassy will issue the Certificate of Entry (CoE) to registered passengers after they have submitted the ASQ hotel booking confirmation.**

For the list of ASQ booking, please see http://www.thaiembassy.org/london/contents/filemanager/document/List%20of%20ASQ%20Hotels%2026062020.pdf

For more information on the CoE requirements and visa application, please see  http://www.thaiembassy.org/london/en/services/7742/119247-Requirements-for-Certificate-of-Entry-during-trave.html

3 hours ago, Max69xl said:

Well, they do think alike sometime. But if foreigners are relying on another extension of the "amnesty" after September 26, they might be very disappointed. If it doesn't happen and the borders are still closed, they will have a few problems leaving. But,there's still almost 2 months until then. Anything can happen. I think they will open the border to Cambodia,but how they will manage border crossings for foreigners, that's another question. 

I noticed enough flights are availble example Klm 3 a week and further connection to London , for almost same price around 17000 baht ..BUT starting half of august price climb for same to around 31000 and for September up to 37000.....the airline looks like anticipating on higher demand for those who like to test how far the immigration elastic can be stretched ....breaking point unknown .....????

Edited by david555