Repatriation flights - Thai's do not have to get tested?

5 minutes ago, xtrnuno41 said:

It makes no sense mixing an already infected man with the other passengers, this is really absurd.

I dont care they are Thai or foreigners, it is absurd. 

You start with one and end up in one flight with a 100?

Amazing, guess they want new test persons in Thailand. 

If there are only 3 flights during a month, from one country in Europe, you can understand why they have to mix foreigners and Thai nationals on same plane. 

1 hour ago, treetops said:

The official site shows over 30 hotels "approved" for state quarantine, including the two you mention with 380 and 362 rooms respectively.  I reckon they mostly have been going elsewhere given the amount that have returned. ????

The original reason that the numbers of Thais repatriating was restricted was due to the number of rooms available, Ambassador City Jomtien used to the biggest hotel in Asia with 4,000 rooms.

10 minutes ago, xtrnuno41 said:

It makes no sense mixing an already infected man with the other passengers, this is really absurd.

I dont care they are Thai or foreigners, it is absurd. 

You start with one and end up in one flight with a 100?

Amazing, guess they want new test persons in Thailand. 

"It makes no sense mixing an already infected man with the other passengers."

Where have you read that? Please tell. Did your hear it from a "friend of a friend"? 

23 hours ago, treetops said:

Egypt look to be an exception and are working outside the guidelines supplied which indicate no Covid tests are required for Thais.

The Netherlands have multiple screening clinics.  There are 7 on this list alone.  Are they not acceptable to Thai Airways?

image.png.b744c970e9b349c2347c5dcf7a7b0f67.png

Medimare clinic is one the Thai embassy accepts. 

52 minutes ago, Max69xl said:

If there are only 3 flights during a month, from one country in Europe, you can understand why they have to mix foreigners and Thai nationals on same plane. 

But but foreigners are forced to do a Covid test BEFORE the flight, so they are

virus free before to embark

when the thai people on the same flight are not tested BEFORE the flight

so some of them are probably carying the virus with them on board 

Do you understand better like this or still not ?

Edited by kingofthemountain
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Max69xl said:

A few of the cheaper options on the ASQ-list offers more than just 3 meals a day locked up in a room for 14 days. After I think about 8 days (after the second test) you can use the facilities in the hotel. If your wife choosed a state facility instead of a hotel, then she must have understood that the service incl food wouldn't be that good. 

Yeah but as I understand there are two types of Thai women: Those who don't lose a baht and those who gamble shop and waste it right away. My wife is the former and rejected my offers of providing her the ASQ accommodation.

But true if I can use the facilities, maybe I should select the hotel based on the facilities as well.

10 hours ago, lapamita said:

just for clarification 2 days ago there was a repatriation flight Bangkok the seats was fully booked they put many countries together in flight via Singapore. thai Airways is not able to make a flight II charters Singapore Airlines the price of the ticket was much more expensive than regular flights economy

Corona test is necessary on this flight only accepted from State Hospital or the test of the state at the airport cost fifteen US Dollar

This is the case for people leaving from this country. Fit to fly certificate was not necessary and was not issued by any state hospital

If the other passengers from other country was tested I cannot tell and you and whocan control African countries ( many passenger come from Egypt and was brought by other airplane to connect to the repatriation flight)

To clarify they are about  30 foreigner on board. But for sure not tourists married people or other

Only thinking who in the hell would fly to as Tourist to Thailand under this conditions they must be nuts in the head and the fifteen day of Quarantaene is a hell and the first class food 

IMG-20200730-WA0002.jpg

IMG-20200730-WA0000.jpg

I am just confirming this first hand many people writing <deleted> hier

covid nineteen test is necessary to fly for Thai citizens too and not all hospitals are accepted you have to clarify where you have to make the test of time it's only state hospitals

Fit to fly certificate depending on country here it is not necessary because not any Hospital issue  this and is not related to COviT

The flight is sure not paid by foreigners because when the view foreigners are on the airplane and even denn foreigner sitting in Economy Class too

The flight are expensive this is because the Thailand government is not able to make and operate cheap flight so Charter expensive planes

Everybody have to pay for the airplane Ticket and don't have money in the bigger problem you need a person guarantee you for the credit if not you not fly if you don't have a credit guarantee ( even it is another pour Person will be accepted to)

Depending on country requirements on your Embassy will be a little bit different but not to the main thing  covid  not older than 72hr mean 48hr  plus flighttime .reason to fly  clarified by Embassy for example married work permit or other  but not meaning to tourist

But again why everybody so hot to come back to Thailand i think there is no reason and if you think on the government and if there some Corona cases maybe they locked down the whole country and you sitting like in the jail nobody can be so horny

Edited by lapamita

38 minutes ago, lapamita said:

I am just confirming this first hand many people writing <deleted> hier

covid nineteen test is necessary to fly for Thai citizens too and not all hospitals are accepted you have to clarify where you have to make the test of time it's only state hospitals

With all the respect, that is a negative sir. My wife and child traveled without a Covid test, both Thai citizens, two weeks ago. FRA-BKK. I was along in every step of the process, even at the doctor. I don't know where you get your facts from, but I suggest you understand that when we talk about Thailand, it can be yet another embassy / authority misunderstanding  the rules. They only required the Fit To Fly cert.

Good point from OP. I've been thinking about the same scenario. Even if there was a way to return to Thailand, it just seems too risky to fly on one of those repatriation flights. The infection rate on some of those flights is just unbelievable, which is hard to understand in the first place.  

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, lapamita said:

Can you point us to a source where it says that Thai national are required to obtain a test before boarding a flight?

The embassy website I look at says that the Test is not required.

Edited by unheard

22 minutes ago, somtumwrong said:

With all the respect, that is a negative sir. My wife and child traveled without a Covid test, both Thai citizens, two weeks ago. FRA-BKK. I was along in every step of the process, even at the doctor. I don't know where you get your facts from, but I suggest you understand that when we talk about Thailand, it can be yet another embassy / authority misunderstanding  the rules. They only required the Fit To Fly cert.

flight sq   first hand 2 day ago photos one at arrival one of the food on the  quarantine

Edited by lapamita

5 minutes ago, lapamita said:
11 minutes ago, somtumwrong said:

flight sq391  first hand 2 day ago photos one at arrival one of the food on the  quarantine

So I think this means that ‘generally’ a Covid-19 test taken within 72 hours before flight is not a requirement for Thai’s. However, the Thai Embassy in some countries such as Singapore have made this a requirement. 

20 minutes ago, somtumwrong said:

I don't misunderstand after application for re-enter Thailand the embassy sent the letter of requirement included covid-19 test the picture I make unchapped it is the picture of arrival yesterday in Thailand  what was taken from the embassy sorry I do not post more pictures because in Thailand now it is too restrictive to talk to Much if you think you don't need any papers leave it by it .and fly

I think thais are not so clever but they are not so stupid to leave untested persons  on  the airplane ......even on arrival in Thailand there was no covid test  just the physical examination and checking temperature

so for me it is finished here

20200730_200357.jpg

Edited by lapamita

Just for the last posting why I not go back to Thailand

I am living in Thailand for over thirty years good luck that during the last three years soldd nearly everything keeping two apartments for ourselves

i can call myself as a winner of Thailand because I was in the best time there and as well der Bus goodtime for business.  espec until 2003 when Taxin  coming to power  the first difficulty is coming but still it was going on and for many sing it was a great living in Thailand this old changed with taking on the power of the military four five years ago... the first year I waited in case something change but there was no change the tourist and Business except for China's is on the downside for long time and the growing sentiment by the people against foreigners pushed by this military government  as well living costs are very expensive now in Thailand if you want to have a Western Standard and the fun fact or was going down the last years.

When it was clear that the military government do not go off I Tried & done  to sell all my investment in Thailand.

The last transaction I make in December before COvIT  only lucky

We went in February to may know you home what I bought already  one year ago then covits. Started

I feel much more happy now much more respected and treated better enviro mental And living standard and as well Lucky there was no great Lockdown hier enjoying the sea the beaches the mountains and the rivers.

The only thing missing in Thailand is the nightlife and party time but this world getting less and seem to be over at this time so no reason to go back but hopefully if they put restrictions away I would go in December just for two or three months

I think my life is better organized and more healthy now i really don't want to live in this enviromentn Thailand

And at love why I not flying back with this heavy restrictions in place I am really scared that Island will get a few Corona case and then I sit in the trap.... restricted to the room without the possibility of leaving the country or doing anything the action until now bring me to the thinking

Travel to Thailand ist so dangerous under this circumstances and I think people with sense and mind in the head will not go i....t is not worse for little happytime happy Hour or happy Boom

On 7/29/2020 at 6:59 PM, Willy333 said:

They don't require a separate test either for Thais. I think this has to do with that they can't refuse their citizens entry. 

They don't have to refuse Thai citizens. They could simply tell them to wait a few weeks till they've recovered if they are positive with the virus. 

20 hours ago, Russell17au said:

The 72 hour or the 48 hour tests are a load of rubbish because you have the test then 24 hours before you depart you have a drunken farewell party with many other people there and now you have the virus. No country can refuse entry to any citizen of that country. All that can be done is to isolate all travelers that enter the country which is what Thailand is doing by placing everyone into state quarantine and it is here that they are finding infected cases. The biggest problem is (if you are serious) the foreigners, just look at the stupidity in Australia and America with the arrogant attitude of "you cannot tell me what to do, I have the right to do as I please" and the failing of wearing masks. Melbourne, Australia has recorded 723 new confirmed cases with 13 new deaths in the last 24 hours and that is not from repatriation flights.

Nonsene.

It's about minimising the risk, not eliminating it. Yes, you can get the virus after you took the test. However, it may also catch a few people who have the virus - and you only need a few to infect a plane. A mixture of policies like mask wearing, washing hands, social distancing all help in minimising the risk - not elimination. 

Also why could they not refuse a Thai passenger for having covid ? He could travel once he recovers. You're suggesting because he is Thai, and even if he displaying symptoms of a cough, he has to get on the flight because it would hurt his human rites. Nonsense, he could travel a few weeks later. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Mattd said:

The original reason that the numbers of Thais repatriating was restricted was due to the number of rooms available, Ambassador City Jomtien used to the biggest hotel in Asia with 4,000 rooms.

I suspect they are only using the Garden Wing given the available number of quarantine rooms is  < 400.

5 hours ago, treetops said:
21 hours ago, Mattd said:

I suspect they are only using the Garden Wing given the available number of quarantine rooms is  < 400.

There are quite a few hotels in and around Bangkok which are being use for State Quarantine (not ASQ)... for example: Century Park hotel. According to reports there are 9000 State Quarantine beds available.

32 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

There are quite a few hotels in and around Bangkok which are being use for State Quarantine (not ASQ)... for example: Century Park hotel. According to reports there are 9000 State Quarantine beds available.

I'm not sure if this was asked already, but can foreigners also opt for the free State Quarantine hotels or are they only for Thai returnees? I heard from a local friend that the free option was fine and comfortable.  

4 minutes ago, ChomDo said:

I'm not sure if this was asked already, but can foreigners also opt for the free State Quarantine hotels or are they only for Thai returnees? I heard from a local friend that the free option was fine and comfortable.  

No but I heard a rumor (oh here we go again..) that State Quarantine is opened to foreigners as well soon due to the insufficient number of ASQ hotels. The foreigners would need to pay for SQ.

13 minutes ago, ChomDo said:
49 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Answered by ubonjoe above - No, foreigners can only stay in the paid for Alternate State Quarantine hotels. 

There are 29 ASQ hotels ranging in price from about 30,000 baht.

The Quarantine hotels have to meet certain regulations, one of which is ’no carpet’ - As more rooms become retrofitted with linoleum flooring (or something similar) we will see more ASQ hotels on the list. 

The ASQ I am currently in has had a Lino floor covering simply fitted over the top of the carpet. 

Edited by richard_smith237

1 hour ago, richard_smith237 said:

Over 10,000 with 4-5,000 registered but still issues with lino/carpet as I understand these figures:

http://hsscovid.com/files/State-Quarnatine-100663.pdf

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ChomDo said:

Have you ever seen something free for the foreigners in Thailand ?

In a way or another, you always have to pay