Facebook removes Trump post over coronavirus misinformation

webfact

22 hours ago, roquefort said:

Sure, let's rejoice at replacing him by a 75 year old with early stage dementia.

That's rich considering bunker boy's doctor felt the need to give him a dementia test, that he thought was very hard, and the fact he has trouble lifting a glass of water and walking down ramps. 

Do you know what that means?  It means he most likely had a stroke and also early stage dementia or stroke related mental problems.  Even if he didn't have a medical condition, a child can do a better job than he has.

Edited by shdmn
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, welovesundaysatspace said:

While I don’t think that freedom of speech should cover lies and hatred, no one’s freedom of speech has been suppressed. Because freedom of speech is not the right that everyone needs to let you into their living room to spread your bs. 

Don't read, don't watch. Up to you. That's what freedom is all about. No one forces one to watch the president, CNN, MSNBC, Fox, Timcast, etc.

4 minutes ago, frantick said:

Don't read, don't watch. Up to you. That's what freedom is all about. No one forces one to watch the president, CNN, MSNBC, Fox, Timcast, etc.

Correct. And it’s Facebook’s freedom to delete whatever bull$hit they don’t want on their site. “Up to them”. No one forces you to use it if you don’t like their contents. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, frantick said:

Fauci saying masks not required for a start.

So Fauci is left-wing now? ????

Anything from Biden, Pelosi, or Schumer?

+ When he said that, wasn't the scientific consensus at that time (in case he used Facebook to diffuse health information)?

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, candide said:

So Fauci is left-wing now? ????

Anything from Biden, Pelosi, or Schumer?

+ When he said that, wasn't the scientific consensus at that time (in case he used Facebook to diffuse health information)?

He said it to prevent hoarding by non healthcare personnel. My point being, it was a lie that wasn't 'filtered'. The next filter could be anyone's, be careful what one wishes for is all I'm saying.

• Confused 1

27 minutes ago, welovesundaysatspace said:

Correct. And it’s Facebook’s freedom to delete whatever bull$hit they don’t want on their site. “Up to them”. No one forces you to use it if you don’t like their contents. 

I'm not the one complaining about spreading bs into my living room. I know better than to get my political bs off Facebook.

5 hours ago, welovesundaysatspace said:

no one’s freedom of speech has been suppressed.

you are wrong abut that.

two doctors had analyzed covid risk and qestioned lockdown policies,

that video was on youtube but was taken down, silenced,

for not adhering to politician narrative

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, tlandtday said:

Who the hell is Fecisbook to decide what is right and wrong.  This is dangerous censorship and goes both ways.  Wake up folks.

It is what it is.  Thoughts and prayers.

Edited by shdmn

6 minutes ago, welovesundaysatspace said:

And what has that to do with what I wrote? 

those doctors freedom of speech was attacked by youtubes owner google,

big tech companies are silencing the people every day,

everyone that does not adhere to the official political line

Edited by scammed
  • Confused 1

13 hours ago, stevenl said:

Misinformation is suppressed, left nor right is. If someone feels suppressed, just stop posting lies.

Agreed. But the crux of your reply is precisely the issue confronting Trump supporters. They lack the discernment to recognize the lies and suffer from an extreme form of confirmation bias or more frequently, simple willful ignorance. 

While they (still) retain the right to agree with his policies, it is incumbent on them to also recognize and acknowledge his penchant for compulsive lying. This is the major failing which defeats their ability to engage in meaningful discussions. They remain unreachable by the truth. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, scammed said:

those doctors freedom of speech was attacked by youtubes owner google,

big tech companies are silencing the people every day,

everyone that does not adhere to the official political line

Be specific:  Who are these doctors and what was censored?

29 minutes ago, heybruce said:

Be specific:  Who are these doctors and what was censored?

Dan Erickson and Artin Massihi of Bakersfield, California, downplayed the risk of the coronavirus and asserted that stay-at-home

you would probably need to go to the dark side web to find their analysis on video since youtube banned it, and youtube is owned by google

Edited by scammed
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, scammed said:

Dan Erickson and Artin Massihi of Bakersfield, California, downplayed the risk of the coronavirus and asserted that stay-at-home

you would probably need to go to the dark side web to find their analysis on video since youtube banned it, and youtube is owned by google

The doctors drawing dangerous conclusions from data analysis that was, to put it politely, flawed?

"In a rare statement late today, the American College of Emergency Physicians and the American Academy of Emergency Medicine declared they “emphatically condemn the recent opinions released by Dr. Daniel Erickson and Dr. Artin Messihi. These reckless and untested musings do not speak for medical societies and are inconsistent with current science and epidemiology regarding COVID-19."   https://www.dailynews.com/2020/04/28/california-doctors-with-dubious-covid-conclusions-debunked/

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, heybruce said:

The doctors drawing dangerous conclusions from data analysis that was, to put it politely, flawed?

"In a rare statement late today, the American College of Emergency Physicians and the American Academy of Emergency Medicine declared they “emphatically condemn the recent opinions released by Dr. Daniel Erickson and Dr. Artin Messihi. These reckless and untested musings do not speak for medical societies and are inconsistent with current science and epidemiology regarding COVID-19."   https://www.dailynews.com/2020/04/28/california-doctors-with-dubious-covid-conclusions-debunked/

i think they, and sweden, are spot on, that the economic shut down

and closure of schools is more harmful then covid,

the people are better off without leaders that impose these restrictions,

and future generations are certainly better off without the stimulus/aid packages

being conjured up to cover the shutdown

21 hours ago, frantick said:

Except when those companies become monopolies, which when you see the 3 different types of platforms, video and search content, message content, and social content, Google, Twitter, and Facebook easily fit that definition.

If the shoe were on the other foot and all three were silencing the left's views, you could bet there would already be laws passing to stop it.

I say just wait awhile, the left has only just started eating their own. They'll figure it out eventually; I hope.

This can be summed up very easily; you believe in freedom of the press and the first amendment; but only when the press publishes what you agree with!

Have a look at YouTube, plenty of right wing, even fascist, videos on there!

Who owns YouTube? Google.

In a democracy private companies have the right to choose what to publish and what not to without being dictated to by the state.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, frantick said:

I believe in freedom of all speech, even wrong, hate, lie speech. When you suppress it, you cannot debate it, and then it can become more than it is.

So if a publication were to start spreading hateful, dangerous lies about you, you would take no action, a suit for defamation for example, and instead allow them to carry on because you "believe in freedom of all speech, even wrong, hate, lie speech?"

Looking at the number of times Trump has sued others for defamation; he certainly would not agree!

Edited by 7by7
Addendum
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, scammed said:

you are wrong abut that.

two doctors had analyzed covid risk and qestioned lockdown policies,

that video was on youtube but was taken down, silenced,

for not adhering to politician narrative

Do you mean Erikson and Massihi?

If so, their videos are still on YouTube.

If not, who do you mean?

2 hours ago, scammed said:

You are wrong; see my post above.

6 minutes ago, scammed said:

i cant find it these days

Can't have looked very hard. Whilst one of their videos may have been removed for breaking YouTubes terms and conditions, there are plenty more.

Try putting their names into search. I did, and found plenty. Some from them, some agreeing with them, some disagreeing with them.

Edit: @stevenl beat me to it.

Edited by 7by7

5 minutes ago, stevenl said:

Strange. Just searched and found that video from them plus many others about them. But I'm not linking their imo nonsense here.

i got  white belt in google <deleted>, and proud

oh wow, kung <deleted> is banned

Edited by scammed

6 hours ago, scammed said:

i think they, and sweden, are spot on, that the economic shut down

and closure of schools is more harmful then covid,

the people are better off without leaders that impose these restrictions,

and future generations are certainly better off without the stimulus/aid packages

being conjured up to cover the shutdown

Do you think their desire to express their opinions about the economic shutdown justify making false statements about disease progression?

Regardless, they posted false and misleading information on YouTube under the guise of science.  YouTube was correct to remove their post.

56 minutes ago, heybruce said:

Do you think their desire to express their opinions about the economic shutdown justify making false statements about disease progression?

Regardless, they posted false and misleading information on YouTube under the guise of science.  YouTube was correct to remove their post.

they questioned if a lockdown was called for after having analyzed risk,

sweden analysts made the same assessment.

it was neither false nor misleading statistics,

and youtube are now running errands for politicians to silence opposition

• Haha 1