UK concerned by rise in small boats crossing from France, immigration official says

rooster59

On 8/8/2020 at 2:58 PM, Bluespunk said:
On 8/8/2020 at 2:53 PM, CG1 Blue said:

So what percentage of the migrants crossing the channel to the UK are women? It would be nice if you could copy/paste the relevant bits to save everyone having to trawl though whole articles. 

No. 

It is enough to know it is false to claim most refugees are young men. 

The story is about migrants entering the UK illegally on boats (having passed through several safe countries already). So let's focus on that rather than your general point about global migration. 

1 minute ago, CG1 Blue said:

The story is about migrants entering the UK illegally on boats (having passed through several safe countries already). So let's focus on that rather than your general point about global migration. 

No, I won’t.

The refugee crisis is a worldwide issue. 

The claim that young men form bulk of refugees is patently false. 

Edited by Bluespunk
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

No, I won’t.

What is the percentage of refugees in regards to gender ?

What is the percentage split between males and females ? 

15 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

No, I won’t.

The claims that they were "families fleeing war", that they were "Syrian" that they were "Doctors* and Engineers" (the odd Syrian Particle Physicist), that they were "unaccompanied children" was just deliberately misrepresentative propaganda.

*Of the 1.8m refugees processed in Germany, 47 were Doctors

Edited by mokwit

1 minute ago, mokwit said:

The claims that they were "families fleeing war", that they were "Syrian" that they were "Doctors and Engineers" (the odd Syrian Particle Physicist), that they were "unaccompanied children" was just unrepresentative propaganda.

In the current refugee crisis the evidence and facts show that the claim that the bulk of refugees are young men is false

1 minute ago, Heppinger said:

Bigots, xenophobes, racists, homophobes, transphobes and other isms and phobias look at these poor migrant children and have a brain.... i mean HEART.

child-refugees-689720.jpg

The war and the arduous journey made them grow up fast. HTH

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Bluespunk said:

Oh dear, selective quoting again, you really think I don’t read through the links I post?

Would you care to quote what followed that...tell you what, let me save you the trouble

“Between 2000 and 2015, the number of international migrants has increased by 41 per cent to reach 244 million. Almost half of them are women”

what does "almost" mean?

1 minute ago, Bluespunk said:

Oh dear, selective quoting again, you really think I don’t read through the links I post?

Would you care to quote what followed that...tell you what, let me save you the trouble

“Between 2000 and 2015, the number of international migrants has increased by 41 per cent to reach 244 million. Almost half of them are women”

Are we talking about "migrants "now ?

Lets keep on topic and the question is *What is the gender divide in regards to asylum seekers coming to the UK by boat from France * 

What percentage are Males  is the question 

2 minutes ago, CorpusChristie said:

Are we talking about "migrants "now ?

Lets keep on topic and the question is *What is the gender divide in regards to asylum seekers coming to the UK by boat from France * 

What percentage are Males  is the question 

No, we are talking about refugees. They may be migrating but they are doing so as refugees fleeing war, violence and failed states. 

Edited by Bluespunk
  • Haha 1

Just now, Bluespunk said:

The former. 

Some may be - Pakistani Christians are legitimately fleeing persecution IMO, but when the Austrian authorities rejected 2000 people in one day for having fake Syrian documents you realise many are coattailing on sympathy for the genuine refugee.

1 minute ago, CorpusChristie said:

Will that explain why you gave figures on migrants , when we were discussing asylum seekers ?

Was you trying to be deceptive and hoped that no one would notice ?

Nope, I was highlighting the facts to expose false claims. 

Edited by Bluespunk
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, mokwit said:

Some may be - Pakistani Christians are legitimately fleeing persecution IMO, but when the Austrian authorities rejected 2000 people in one day for having fake Syrian documents you realise many are coattailing on sympathy for the genuine refugee.

No, I am pointing out the facts that expose false claims being peddled about the current refugee crisis.