UK concerned by rise in small boats crossing from France, immigration official says

rooster59

2 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

Nope, I was highlighting the facts to expose false claims. 

What are the percentage figures for asylum seeks coming over from France in regards to gender .

(BTW , if you have already posted them, can you repost them again or just state the percentage rates)

5 minutes ago, CorpusChristie said:

What are the percentage figures for asylum seeks coming over from France in regards to gender .

(BTW , if you have already posted them, can you repost them again or just state the percentage rates)

I will not repost anything. 

The current refugee crisis is a world wide one. 

However here is some interesting reading, particularly the observation on how stats regarding gender are collected. 

https://blogs.lse.ac.uk/politicsandpolicy/refugees-and-integration-in-the-uk-the-role-of-gender/

No info on percentage of refugee children in it though

Edited by Bluespunk

1 minute ago, mokwit said:

The only trouble is that people who are sympathetic to genuine refugees have been lied to by propaganda from the pro immigration politicians and those who benefit from immigration, or are we to believe that they lied last time for their own benefit but are telling the truth this time?

I don’t subscribe to your theories on the current refugee crisis. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

I will not repost anything. 

The current refugee crisis is a world wide one. 

However here is some interesting reading, particularly the observation on how stats regarding gender are collected. 

https://blogs.lse.ac.uk/politicsandpolicy/refugees-and-integration-in-the-uk-the-role-of-gender/

No info on percentage of refugee children in it though

Could you just answer my question ?

6 minutes ago, simple1 said:

As has clearly been stated on this forum a number of times, including within this topic, an asylum seeker entering the UK via boat or any other means, no matter what you claim or some politicians, are not currently defined as 'illegals' under UK law or international Convention/s. If an asylum seeker is assessed as not a genuine refugee after arriving in the UK, it is only .at that time they can be subject to deportation proceeding. Whilst an asylum seeker is waiting to be assessed they are not permitted to work. Accordingly, an asylum seeker can receive welfare benefit.

If you are currently seeking asylum you have no right to claim benefits in the UK and you will also not be able to work. 

3 minutes ago, mokwit said:

This term is not meant to include those seeking to upgrade their country of residence.

Correct, if an asylum seeker is not assessed as a genuine refugee.

1 hour ago, Bluespunk said:

I’ve posted links to the current worldwide refugee crisis. 

Read them and you’ll see the figures and facts I’ve discussed. 

It would have been quicker for you just to post the answer .

(Like 71 % Male, 29 % female)

I dont have the time to read all your posts in this thread looking for the answer 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, CorpusChristie said:

It would have been quicker for you just to post the answer .

(Like 71 % Male, 29 % female)

I dont have the time to read all your posts in this thread looking for the answer 

Ah huh...yeah finding out facts about the global refugee crisis through reading properly researched data is time consuming. 

Edited by Bluespunk
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Surelynot said:

Thought they all went into 5* hotels with room service?

No, both 4 bed terraced houses.

so the illegal immigrant doctors were given 4 bed terrace houses? .or were they people who got legal entry ,had jobs lined up and were living an ordinary life in Syria as doctors and just moved to another country ,like us expats here in Thailand ? because none of us have any problem with that.

38 minutes ago, CorpusChristie said:

When theres numerous posts and numerous links, trawling through them all, just to find one statistic is indeed a waste of time , just as this conversation with you is, because you refuse to post the answer to the question 

To try and put a stop to this type of commentary. There have been a number of articles, some examples below, all mentioning women and children in the cross-channel boat arrivals. I have been unable to locate any totals by gender, may have to wait a while for HMG report.

Families with young children were among hundreds of people who came ashore near Dover this weekend, including 151 on Saturday, the Home Office confirmed.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2020/aug/09/number-migrants-crossing-channel-uk-passes-4000-this-year

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-kent-53456488

https://metro.co.uk/2020/08/06/heavily-pregnant-woman-among-140-migrants-intercepted-english-channel-13095837/

Edited by simple1
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, transam said:

Via the EU and the help of France.....????

Wrong, most non EU immigrants to the UK are perfectly legal and enter the UK via the correct routes with the correct entry clearance.

As for those who are the subject of this topic, I repeat what I said in reply to @nauseus in another topic:-

"It is the Schengen zone and rules with it's open borders which has allowed a substantial number of refugees to reach the pas de Calais; true. But if you look at these UNHCR figures you will see that those arriving in the Pas de Calais and attempting to cross into the UK are a fraction of all refugees arriving in Europe.

Many of those who get to France stay and lodge their asylum applications there: 128,940 in 2019 (source) Compare that to the estimated 4000 who have crossed the channel so far this year. Take a lot more attempts in the 3 and a half months remaining to get anywhere near that figure!"

To which he responded here 

Even if all those 48,000 came across the channel from France; 48,000 over a period of years is a lot less than the 128,940 who applied for asylum in France in just one year!

Also, in 2019 a total of 676,300 people applied for asylum in one or other of the EU 27 (source)

These figures show that claims that the EU and the French government are deliberately sending migrants onto the UK are utter pony with no basis in fact at all.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Surelynot said:

Freaky.....I live in Germany and the two Syrians who moved in either side of me are both doctors and both work in ICU.

What are the chances!!

I'd say the chances are a lot less than the chance you just made it up for pro economic/refugee propaganda purposes - but feel free to rub us cynics noses in it - shouldn't be hard bearing in mind they are your neighbours and obviously such nice people who would be delighted to show a positive face to Merkels immigration disaster - maybe a picture of them standing in front of the hospital holding up their permission to stay and their medical certificates.

Secondly, while qualifying as a Doctor doesn't obligate you to stay in a war zone most do. I would have thought Syrian speaking ICU Doctors would be needed in Syria right now. When European cities were bombed heavily the Doctors didn't run off to work on hospitals in a safe country, they stayed and did what only Doctors can do.

Edited by mokwit
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, ivor bigun said:

did they bring all their documentation with them and were granted asylum immediatly ?

Medical certificates didn't get wet despite most refugees documents being lost/destroyed that way despite their smart phones not being affected.