UK concerned by rise in small boats crossing from France, immigration official says

rooster59

5 hours ago, transam said:

Very funny....????

Fleeing countries at war, yes their own countries at war, nobody else's. 

The UK has a moat, the cash spongers are trying to cross it from France, it is France with the problem, they should send them back to where they come from....

They just have order to leave France with restriction to go to other E.U. country's …. (U.K. not any more under that exception)….that was always written on their "annex bis # ..(forgot ) the order to leave document (some had several ones likewise ) in my years I worked I knew (up to 2013)

So that is what they do now obeying the order LOL !  But they don't pas customs …. that is not o.k.  ????

Anyway only 4000 seems the total up to now ????  "Singapore on Thames  attraction" it must be 

11 minutes ago, simple1 said:

If Mods will permit:

Both media outlets are treated as credible sources by TVF. I'm sure some members would be interested to see your reading list for news / opinions - don't be shy - go ahead, I will not critique - just a useful insight to the profile of members with your type of posting history.

The fact that they are MSM and thus treated as accepted sources by TVF does not actually mean they are credible. As for my sources: very broad and numerous from people in my twitter feed who highlight good sources - includes both the Left and the Right and mostly not MSM, sometimes scientific journals, because when both sides on the MSM are pushing a narrative, reading widely is the only way to get some feel for what the truth of something is. What were you expecting - Breitbart and Daily Caller/Fox News - Mirror images of The Guardian BBC and CNN. I have looked at all of those named, right and left - Breitbart not for months since they sunk to the dishonesty level of the Guardian.

Example: If I had read only the Guardian and not The Sun and the Daily Mail on the day the "children" from Calais landed I would have not got the correct picture - The Guardian showed apicture of a toddler on a tricycle while the others showed the truth - adult men posing as children - irrefutably so. Laughably, The Guardian who had been showing "refugee" Kiddie pictures daily suddenly declared showing photos of the Calais "children" landing in the UK would be contrary to their human rights.

Edited by mokwit
  • Thanks 1

Just now, simple1 said:

Non answer - your twitter sources are?

It is a perfectly good answer, I am explaining I use extremely broad sources, many not MSM - I am not going to even begin to waste time listing them - even if I could remember sources I may have looked at once. What you want every person in my twitter feed? I rely on people who are good aggregators.

15 minutes ago, simple1 said:

Just a few is fine

I'm not going to go even that trouble for you - on a previous occasion you referred to me as 'the far right' and when I asked you to clarify you posted a definition that included Neo Nazis. That is offensive to me, but the real point is there is no point in engaging with someone who calls someone who is not in the same camp as them as 'the far right'/a Neo Nazi.

In the last few minutes links from people I follow have been from FT, SCMP, Zerohedge Reuters, NYPost but that tells you nothing as you don't know how much credibility I attach to each of these sources and many are less mainstream - if you are sitting there thinking Aha Gotcha! because it includes Zerohedge then I have to tell you I don't regard it as any more credible than The Guardian - but I look for fact in an article as I would with The Guardian, ignoring any bias. Zerohedge reports things The Guardian does not. Same with Breitbart e.g crime figures culled from court records which the MSM does not report. These records are facts, their interpretation is something else. I am after the facts.

I reiterate: Example: If I had read only the Guardian and not The Sun and the Daily Mail on the day the "children" from Calais landed I would have not got the correct picture - The Guardian showed apicture of a toddler on a tricycle while the others showed the truth - adult men posing as children - irrefutably so. Laughably, The Guardian who had been showing "refugee" Kiddie pictures daily suddenly declared showing photos of the Calais "children" landing in the UK would be contrary to their human rights.

Edited by mokwit
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, simple1 said:

profile of members with your type of posting history

Please clarify my "type" of posting history.

One thing I have noticed is that there are people on this board who almost only, maybe only appear in political threads - you never see them posting an answer in a "where can I buy a XXXX' thread. You are of that type, and that is mostly your history. Now, what "type" am I?

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Scott said:

As much as that is thrown around, not applying for asylum in the first country does not preclude an asylum seeker from seeking asylum in another country.   It is also not grounds for denying the asylum claim.  

But it does kibosh the argument that they are fleeing a dangerous country; if they've previously reached a safe country but decided to take a dangerous trip across the sea to reach another one. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Surelynot said:

Screen Shot 2020-08-10 at 14.59.26.png

"The Rwandan refugee, who worked as a warden at the cathedral, was rearrested on Saturday night.

No motive for the fire, which destroyed the cathedral's 17th Century organ as well as historic stained-glass windows, has been given.

His lawyer told reporters his client felt "relief" after confessing."

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-53542936

Rwandan refugee admits starting Nantes cathedral fire -

"Three Sudanese arrested over French 'terror' stabbing"Three Sudanese arrested over French 'terror' stabbing"

https://www.france24.com/en/20200405-three-sudanese-arrested-over-french-terror-stabbing

I could go on and on, just the past few months, so you'd better think twice before posting about France

Edited by Opl
  • Like 2

21 minutes ago, Scott said:

It doesn't say anything.  Every case and situation is different.   If refugees are in a camp in a country of first asylum, they are screened and then presented to various countries for possible admission.   They will always be presented to the country with family members if they exist.  

Many of the people were headed to a country where family members live.  

Is the status of said family members a factor? For example, if said family members are themselves previous or recent arrivals, with their referral anchored to someone who's not a family member of the applicant. Or does the above apply only to naturalized (fully or in the process of) family members in target country?

10 hours ago, mokwit said:

Please clarify my "type" of posting history.

One thing I have noticed is that there are people on this board who almost only, maybe only appear in political threads - you never see them posting an answer in a "where can I buy a XXXX' thread. You are of that type, and that is mostly your history. Now, what "type" am I?

Excellent power of observation, not. I currently live in Australia. I lived in Thailand, Nong Prue where we have a house, for around four years. Unfortunately due to my need for ongoing cancer treatment I cannot afford to return to Thailand full time, but do so from time to time to catch up with extended Thai family and so on.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, mvdf said:

Another Brit who can't get over the war trauma gnawing in his insides. What is it with Brits who have such an obnoxiously stubborn preoccupation with the war and Germans? This, their atrociously infamous dental issues and their propensity for causing trouble while traveling outside their borders are reasons some of them should be permanently banned from being issued passports.

As a Brit (with reasonable teeth) it is beyond comprehension why trouble makers are allowed passports (even the new black ones)...........as for the war I find it best not to mention it.

• Like 1