UK concerned by rise in small boats crossing from France, immigration official says

rooster59

2 hours ago, simple1 said:

I snipped your rant. Lobby your MP to update HMG refugee / asylum seeker law, exit the UN Convention for Refugees etc.

Just that,have done it and the vast majority of my home town in UK.  My MP fully in agreement with getting shut of the scum.  So much pressure now being applied  ,good one,just get shut of them

Needs no UN Convention for Refugees,the scum have by-passed that by window shopping,you think the UK will observe any convention  lol  lol  binned

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

jesimps, post92, hello,

That is very true, France is a safe country for all the scum of the earth.
Undocumented migrants and asylum seekers march through the streets with impunity, they ransack churches, burn them on occasion, slaughter priests, steal, assault, stink firefighters and law enforcement, and file complaints. against them, when a firefighter has the audacity to put out a car fire or against the police officers who have also had the misfortune of pinning them to the ground, for spitting, rebellion, and so on.

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

53 minutes ago, izod10 said:

Just that,have done it and the vast majority of my home town in UK.  My MP fully in agreement with getting shut of the scum.  So much pressure now being applied  ,good one,just get shut of them

Needs no UN Convention for Refugees,the scum have by-passed that by window shopping,you think the UK will observe any convention  lol  lol  binned

I believe you HMG is going to de-ratify UN Convention for Refugees - if in fact you did send a letter it would be the rubbish bin.

Edited by simple1
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, dunroaming said:

This subject is always a hot potato and just ends up with both sides shouting at each other.  Neither side will convince the other that they are right because neither side will believe that they are wrong.

There will always be those who hate the fact that Britain is a multi-racial country that is compassionate when it comes to asylum seekers and those who wholeheartedly embrace it.  I have a wife from Asia and we live in  Britain with our half caste son.

Ironically this board is full of immigrants to Thailand who have Asian wives or partners and many have their own half caste children.  And they have the nerve to complain about immigrants in their home countries.  Hypocrites! One and all. 

Don't mean to be picky, but 'half caste' is a term very much frowned upon these days. Better use 'mixed race' going forward if you don't want to be called the R word.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Ministers are considering blocking migrant boats in the Channel before they can enter British waters in an increasingly desperate effort to stem the rising number of crossings.

The approach, modelled on Australian tactics used against migrants from Indonesia, could involve the Royal Navy and Border Force intercepting vessels as they leave French waters.

Let them enter British section,so what?  a slow puncture would give them little pause for thought,paddle like hell,back to France

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jesimps said:

"All this time they are either being used as slaves or being houses, fed and given money and charity."

Yes, my money! So why let them in in the first place? Why aren't they turned back to France for them to deal with? France is a perfectly safe country where they aren't under threat. 

Yes, that is what I am saying. But we would not have to be turning any back if they did not want to come to the UK in the first place. We are seen as the dream destination for most of this group of people. They know the UK government is a soft touch. They know they can delay and delay again the paperwork and appeals. They know they will be housed, clothed, fed, provided with spending money for phones and smokes, get free health care, get money for not working, or get help finding a job. All these are the ones we see. Then there are the ones that are living 10 plus to a small room in a run down house, having to work for basically nothing and having no rights...while the authorities turn a blind eye as they are not capable of sorting out the people the may rescue from this...and they are indeed a benefit for cheap labour. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Rookiescot said:

It is astonishing how Brexit and all the right wing rhetoric surrounding it has emboldened the closet racists in society.  

More right wing sunshine than left wing,not just rhetoric,but actions

• Like 1