UK concerned by rise in small boats crossing from France, immigration official says

rooster59

5 minutes ago, Baerboxer said:

So France doesn't have any passport or immigration checks on those leaving? Doesn't mind if you board a boat, ferry, plane or Euro train without any ID, or approriate visas?

Boarding a boat isn’t illegal and you don’t need a passport check or visa for that. So what do you expect the French police to do? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, welovesundaysatspace said:

Boarding a boat isn’t illegal and you don’t need a passport check or visa for that. So what do you expect the French police to do? 

i think the french police wanted to spoil any chance these Africans have in training for the Sydney to Hobart yacht race.

bah! roo860, the police did well not to show up.
If she had been involved, illegals and human rights associations would have filed a complaint for obstructing freedom not to reach the country of their choice.
And the police would have had 3 months suspended prison sentence.
This is France.
And the law is that of foreigners.
Good luck to those who live there.

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, simple1 said:

I snipped your rant. Lobby your MP to update HMG refugee / asylum seeker law, exit the UN Convention for Refugees etc.

If I am permitted...It has cost the Oz government billions for offshore detention, actually the highest cost worldwide per person. Oz still has people detained offshore, at a huge cost, because governments are unwilling to accept them. PNG government has requested the OZ government to close down the detention camps as assessed by their Supreme Court as in breach of internationally accepted HR law. BTW the majority were assessed as genuine refugees, so Oz has legally assessed refugees currently held in indefinite detention - good eh?

were they the same refugee's that were molesting young children and harassing women on manus island?

Dunroaming, hello

Frankly, comparing Thais to Africans, you're going a little hard.
You don't have to know the African people, although sometimes I find a bit of similarity between these two countries. But so little.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

14 minutes ago, dunroaming said:

This subject is always a hot potato and just ends up with both sides shouting at each other.  Neither side will convince the other that they are right because neither side will believe that they are wrong.

There will always be those who hate the fact that Britain is a multi-racial country that is compassionate when it comes to asylum seekers and those who wholeheartedly embrace it.  I have a wife from Asia and we live in  Britain with our half caste son.

Ironically this board is full of immigrants to Thailand who have Asian wives or partners and many have their own half caste children.  And they have the nerve to complain about immigrants in their home countries.  Hypocrites! One and all. 

Thinks immigration and integration are just different spelling variations.  I take it you live with your wife and son in an area with a high African and Middle Eastern population?  Or is it a nice mostly white rural setting? 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Heppinger said:

were they the same refugee's that were molesting young children and harassing women on manus island?

Nasty individual aren't you. Possibly off topic, maybe the Mods will permit, because there are criminals involved in the OP situation as traffickers, plus many asylum seeker children have been disappeared in the EU, back in 2016 estimated at 10,000.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/jan/30/fears-for-missing-child-refugees#:~:text=At least 10%2C000 unaccompanied child,the EU's criminal intelligence agency.&text=Brian Donald said 5%2C000 children,were unaccounted for in Sweden.

I would assume there were some criminals in the detention population, as there are in all groups of people; they would not be put up for resettlement by the UNHCR and would serve prison time. On the other side of the coin female detainees have been sexually assaulted, raped and so on by guards and staff.

Even in the detention environment, women have been raped, sexually assaulted and harassed by security officers and other staff members paid by the Australian government. The ASRC has records and can provide evidence of these allegations.

https://www.refugeecouncil.org.au/nauru-report/6/

Edited by simple1
  • Like 1

Would it be possible under The Freedom of Information Act to get the names and countries of birth, and immigration / residency status of all people in the UK convicted buy a jury in the last 10 years of :

Murder

Serious sexual assault

Human or Drug trafficking

Death by reckless / dangerous driving

I think the result will surprise some who think these poor oppressed people are really good for the country, and should be allowed in.

I have not tried to do this, as I am pretty sure what the results would show.

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, jak2002003 said:

It is the UK governments fault...not France, Europe or the immigrants.

If the government closed down and arrested the people running the sweat shops, farmers basically using slave labour, stopped local councils housing immigrants or providing help to them, then there would be little to attract the immigrants to the UK in the first place. 

so lets spend thousand of man/women hours doing as you suggest, instead of getting the EU to do their job, and sort the immigration process out, in the first country of arrival.

i don't believe the council house single men, of any colour 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Martin71 said:

Would it be possible under The Freedom of Information Act to get the names and countries of birth, and immigration / residency status of all people in the UK convicted buy a jury in the last 10 years of :

Murder

Serious sexual assault

Human or Drug trafficking

Death by reckless / dangerous driving

I think the result will surprise some who think these poor oppressed people are really good for the country, and should be allowed in.

I have not tried to do this, as I am pretty sure what the results would show.

Gov.uk website can point you in the right direction, obviously not with individual's names

3 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

"The French must* ensure that migrants who are caught attempting to reach the UK by boat cannot do so again," Philp wrote.

*Must?

Ought, should, it would be helpful if they..., we would appreciate, please, pretty please....

must is adequate and most appropriate, don't forget that the chap is working for the empire

Good mouning to you

Edited by melvinmelvin
add

5 hours ago, Surelynot said:

It is also worth noting that many of those who make it to the UK are the wealthy, well educated middle and upper class who will, within a few years, assimilate and be of benefit to the UK............many might not be and hence the requirement to screen and return.

Is that right? "assimilate"  just where would that be?  Bradford? Blackburn?Preston?etc?  kebab shop on the hoof, never assimilate ,never, not wanted,never will either,better get shut ASAP. The younger ones as they reach 18  boot them out too

• Like 1