Democrat Joe Biden chooses U.S. Senator Kamala Harris for White House running mate

webfact

2 minutes ago, simple1 said:

Less of the snide personal remarks. You well know anyone can post to any topic, no matter thier nationality. trump has failed with his social management policies, or rather lack of. IMO very timely to endeavour to find a more equitable path.

BTW you do understand, don't you, trump supporters are the minority in the USA?

Nothing snide about pointing out posters origin, I'm European with a yank passport. See, it doesn't hurt.

Folks from other countries have been jealous of the US for as long as I can remember.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

Folks from other countries have been jealous of the US for as long as I can remember.

When I was young (about 60 years ago), we all wanted to be American. 

With the Vietnam war, it became  the most hated country. 

Can not say jealous or despise now. 

With Mr. Trump as president, well continously in the news, rarely in a positive way. 

Edited by luckyluke
  • Like 2

25 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

Nothing snide about pointing out posters origin, I'm European with a yank passport. See, it doesn't hurt.

Then there are more Americans who are fed up with Trump and denouncing their citizenships. 
https://edition.cnn.com/2020/08/09/us/us-citizenship-renounced-data-trnd/index.html

2 minutes ago, luckyluke said:

Why I was young (about 60 years ago), we all wanted to be American. 

With the Vietnam war, it became  the most hated country. 

Can not say jealous or despise now. 

With Mr. Trump as president, well continously in the news, rarely in a positive way. 

My father loved what America stood for, he gave up a good life in the old country to bring his family here.

But now it hurts to see it ripped apart by protesters and covid. So, here I am in Thailand swimming in the sea.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Opl said:

There is hope, you mentioned "old country" , so... 

“I understand people having to make themselves known and felt and seen,” she said in an apparent show of support. “And of course Black lives matter. Do we think our little white asses are the only ones that matter? No!”“First of all, I’m not a judgmental person. I do believe we all have a right to be exactly who we are, and it is not my place to judge. All these good Christian people that are supposed to be such good Christian people, the last thing we’re supposed to do is to judge one another. God is the judge, not us. I just try to be myself. I try to let everybody else be themselves.”

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-country/dolly-parton-black-lives-matter-1044200/

I'm so confused, please make it stop....

• Thanks 1

No criticism of Kamala Harris allowed.

Washington Times - Democratic Party sets rules for criticizing Biden's VP pick Kamala Harris

"Media organizations have just been warned by the Democratic Party machine that they better be very, very careful with how they cover Joe Biden’s vice presidential choice — just revealed to be Kamala Harris. Any criticism of the expected woman will be considered racist and sexist, we are told. Oh, they wrap up that threat in a word salad, but that’s the bottom line: There should be second and even third thoughts about any criticism of Mr. Biden’s VP pick."

If that's all well and good then perhaps any criticism of Trump should be considered hate speech.  Makes sense, doesn't it?  And it should be prosecuted as such too, no?  LOL  Crazy Dems.

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, simple1 said:

An opinion hit piece from a Fox commentator who once attempted to ban a publisher - what an outstanding supporter of "Free Speech". Among other not so wonderful activities, a racist who once said after Barack Obama and his family had moved into the White House,..

"we've got trash in the White House"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tammy_Bruce

Yes, focus on the source and not the content.  LOL  Any other argument/perspective?

• Confused 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, simple1 said:

Focus on the source and you understand the motivation for writing an opinion hit piece. You did note, didn't you, the author failed to quote the entire alleged memo and only quoted snippets, wonder why...

LOL.  Look away folks, nothing to see here.  Just an opinion hit piece.  LOL  When inconvenient facts come out just bury your head in the sand.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, simple1 said:

I'm UK, NZ & Australian nationalities - never in my life been 'jealous' of the US, nor have I met anyone who has expressed that opinion. I have met socially a number and worked with Americans, mostly they are good people. But I have met some Americans who really should tone down their hubris. 

You fooled me, alot. You spend a lot of time bashing American values and promoting those of your globelist friends. Get over it with Trump's America First agenda the US is no longer the world's piggy bank. If you aren't jealous why are you so interested in events in the US. Plenty to focus on your home in the UK.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, johnnybangkok said:

Pleeeeeese!! 

Written by Tammy Bruce, president of Independent Women’s Voice, author and Fox News contributor, is a radio talk-show host. 

It is obvious whatever Dem wrote this was just pointing out the VERY obvious fact that when reporting on Harris, reporters shouldn't be racist or sexist tones in the report. That's all this was but aal it takes is a Fox News contributor to twist it to 'don't criticise Harris'.

Nice try but no cigar. 

58 minutes ago, johnnybangkok said:

You demean your own standing by ignoring important points such as who wrote it and why is that person cherry picking the parts they want? It is important to know who is saying what and it's even more important to see the whole memo before understanding the whole context. From the VERY little that was quoted, it seems all the memo asks is to refrain from sexist and racist aspects when refering to Harris. Now I know this may seem like some sort of dictate for your average Trump fan but many would simply observe this as common decency which shouldn't have to be pointed out, but obviously in these times and under this presidency, obviously does.

Here's the full letter.

We Have Her Back - Letter To The Media

The letter is from a link provided in this article:

Fox News - Group called 'We Have Her Back' warns media against 'sexist' or 'racist' coverage of Biden VP pick

Or if you prefer a liberal point of view:

Los Angeles Times - Why celebrities are declaring ‘We have her back’ about Kamala Harris

If you expect me to believe that this memo from an ad hoc organization which is promoted by the likes of Valerie Jarrett, Hillary Clinton and other political activists isn't going to attempt to muzzle valid criticism then you're mistaken.  On it's face it may seem noble, and if it truly was noble I would support it, but these days accusations of sexism and racism labels are thrown around liberally (pun intended) and unjustly all too often.  I made a comment earlier in one thread or another in which I called Harris out as a political opportunist.  Even though I consider many people, male and female, to be political opportunists I have no doubt that that would earn me the label of sexist by this group.  Unjustly so.

Sorry if I'm not as naive as you appear to be on this issue.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1