Richard Barrow may not have his visa renewed and could be forced to leave Thailand

webfact

8 hours ago, ericthai said:

That is not true, He said he goes home every year to get a new visa, not get an extension. However, last year he had to extend and had issues, then due to COVID this year he again has to extend his visa. 

I don't know the requirements to extend a Non O B visa, but assume they are similar to other Non O visas. Because he needed to get new visas yearly suggests to me he can't meet the TI requirements and asked for special consideration. Hence,  a immigration visit that didn't go well. It could be that last year he was able to do a border bounce but because of the closures this year he can't. In any case he is now front and center on TI radar so whatever he does will be looked at.

Seeking attention will not serve him well and it's just a matter of time that he'll be gone. He survived last year and probably <deleted> some people off last year, who won't forget.

34 minutes ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

Well, they still use Britain as the measure of how civilised their country is and indeed Thailand and most other countries still imitate British culture to legitimise their systems and adopted traditions. 

Student mortar boards, judges wigs and gowns, army uniforms among many other adopted customs are examples. 

British foreign influence ended 100 years ago, which is good by me. It was full of phoney customs and high talking rhetoric. Everything they did had a profit motive and other people had little long term benefits. A few phoney customs don't help anyone. The world is in a better place now.

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Pilotman said:

That's because we Brits owned  most of the World at points in recent history, so we were obligated to pass on our wisdom, humanity, innate intelligence, empathy, cultural understanding, leadership,  beer and food, to less enlightened countries and peoples. while stripping them of the necessity to worry about their natural resources.  Kind of us I think. As we all know, we Brits have absolutely nothing to learn from others, especially Americans, who are just colonials that got out of hand and see where that has led them.   

Wrong ! They owner half of the world, as the other half was owner by the French !

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Raybangkok said:

A good true post but you missed a couple of points. On his sites as a blogger he asks people to contribute money to him he calls it coffee money. Secondly if you look at his facebook page all comments are positive any negative comments are deleted and the poster blocked from any further comments.

Clearly ! also on twitter ! any comment that doesn't go the way he likes is deleted, even when saying the truth ! Remind me of a certain forum...

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, AndrewMciver said:

We have a single middle aged male, who never ventures to Nana Plaza or Soi Cowboy. 

This in itself should be reason for deportation. 

No enough gay clubs there...

1 hour ago, Pilotman said:

That's because we Brits owned  most of the World at points in recent history, so we were obligated to pass on our wisdom, humanity, innate intelligence, empathy, cultural understanding, leadership,  beer and food, to less enlightened countries and peoples. while stripping them of the necessity to worry about their natural resources.  Kind of us I think. As we all know, we Brits have absolutely nothing to learn from others, especially Americans, who are just colonials that got out of hand and see where that has led them.   

Good to see the use of the past tense. You had your chance and now it's over. However, mostly what you passed on was your arrogance. I can skip the warm British beer and toast with baked beans. Meat pies are also equally gross. Think of us as colonials but we'll never consider you our leaders or masters. 

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, janet j said:

Don't know much about this guy but there are far worse Brits in Thailand.

e-beggers who exploit Thai women for their own gain and who have very little respect for Thai people,Thai culture and Thailand.

I won't mention who as my comment will probably be deleted.

Dont really know guys who exploit thai women but there sure are lots of thai women that exploit men for financial gain.

• Like 1

Just now, Pilotman said:

nobody of any significance and his visa is of no importance to anyone but him, except perhaps to the British Ambassador who seems to have some kind of 'man crush' on him.   

Are they boyfriends ?

is he the one taking photos for barrow ?

20 minutes ago, lamyai3 said:
1 hour ago, Hi Tea said:

Who is he and why is his visa situation of any importance?

This are the exact words of that senior immigration spokesman back in April. 

Why did you alter the first three words of my quote? Please don't do that.

58 minutes ago, Hi Tea said:

That's what I thought yet he generates 35 pages of comments from people who, presumably, think that he is significant!

My thoughts as well. I lived in the North of Thailand for almost 20 years and never heard of him until in recent months regarding COVID-19. Please excuse my ignorance, but who is he - a South Thailand celebrity ex-pat???

6 minutes ago, Burma Bill said:

My thoughts as well. I lived in the North of Thailand for almost 20 years and never heard of him until in recent months regarding COVID-19. Please excuse my ignorance, but who is he - a South Thailand celebrity ex-pat???

I will 3rd that opinion. TM30 was done by other gents. 

7 minutes ago, Burma Bill said:

I will 3rd that opinion. TM30 was done by other gents.