Richard Barrow may not have his visa renewed and could be forced to leave Thailand

webfact

29 minutes ago, BobinBKK said:

Richard has a very large following and reaches tens of thousands of people. If he returns to the UK he still has the same following of people. This is the global information age and anyone living in the Kingdom can provide him with information as well as following the local media stories. Once he returns to the UK he's free to publish and post anything he wants. Life and our perceptions of everything is all about the optics. Giving Richard the boot in my opinion is not a very well-thought-out plan. Biting the hand that feeds you is a 2-way street and Richard will always have the upper hand residing in the UK.

Richard will say <deleted> all. He isn't being kicked out permanantley, rather his visa has expired and he has to go get a new one. Once he sorts the <deleted> out he will return. Hence he is unlikely to start attacking Thailand once back in the UK. I don't know why special rules should apply to him because he vlogs. There are many vloggers in Thailand. 

He's certainly gone on the charm offensive this week, promoting the country, like a goodboy haha 

Unfortunate for his students once again. 

1 hour ago, samtab said:

Jealous of gay dixx life ? Really not ! Trust me ! Living as a gay old ugly English teacher is not exactly what I can be jealous about...

What's up,  didn't you get any last night.  live and let live man

• Like 1

I don't follow him to be honest, I find him a bit whiney, like you lot.

He's also a bit thick of you ask me with this duel-pricing thing. Rather than name and shame businesses/attractions, he should have been proactive and instead celebrated and advertised places that DON'T duel price, that way he can help businesses that don't play that game, and he wouldn't come across as some upstart who thinks he's got more clout than he actually does.

He'll live, no need to cry onto your keyboards. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, lamyai3 said:

I think the Isaan lawyer guy has PR. Taking on the immigration chief on the major social media platforms while you're dependent on that same immigration office for your ongoing permission to stay is a devil-may-care move. 

PR does not protect him from anything here as there is a clause that it can be revoked at anytime.

3 hours ago, BobinBKK said:

Richard has a very large following and reaches tens of thousands of people. If he returns to the UK he still has the same following of people. This is the global information age and anyone living in the Kingdom can provide him with information as well as following the local media stories. Once he returns to the UK he's free to publish and post anything he wants. Life and our perceptions of everything is all about the optics. Giving Richard the boot in my opinion is not a very well-thought-out plan. Biting the hand that feeds you is a 2-way street and Richard will always have the upper hand residing in the UK.

"will always have the upper hand" eh, against a Military government of a sovereign Nation.  Boy,  but you do have a very odd and exaggerated impression of where intentional influence lies and who has it.  The man is an social media nonentity. The Thais won't give him a first thought, never mind a second one.

4 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Nothing to do with hate, but accepting that farang expats that think they can influence the Thai government are rather naive, at best.

Farangs that think they are important in LOS, are, IMO, acceptable targets for a bit of mockery.

And yet you post comments on every thread you can get your keyboard on and complain as much as anybody else, if only on foreigners, who complain!

Hypocrite much?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, MrBobHouse said:

I don't follow him to be honest, I find him a bit whiney, like you lot.

He's also a bit thick of you ask me with this duel-pricing thing. Rather than name and shame businesses/attractions, he should have been proactive and instead celebrated and advertised places that DON'T duel price, that way he can help businesses that don't play that game, and he wouldn't come across as some upstart who thinks he's got more clout than he actually does.

He'll live, no need to cry onto your keyboards. 

"Rather than name and shame businesses/attractions, he should have been proactive and instead celebrated and advertised places that DON'T duel price, that way he can help businesses that don't play that game, and he wouldn't come across as some upstart who thinks he's got more clout than he actually does."

Oh wow!

What insight!

You should be travel- blogger like borrows, making good money off it!

...oh...sorry...I fogot to turn of "sarcasm" this morning!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, AndrewMciver said:

Is the hate directed to Barrow because of homophobia or because he's British ? 

Or jealousy he in Thailand, chilling, pretending to work, always on his travels and enjoying himself - whilst we're bored to the high horse. 

No, its because he is an arrogant nob head. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Pilotman said:

The man is an social media nonentity. The Thais won't give him a first thought, never mind a second one.

You must not get around much eh?

Do you know which Thai's support him?

Take a look at even this post that the article is about...who is the popular Thai with 3.2 million followers speaking highly of him?

You probably don't know him

I am not saying your wrong that you are living in a Military dictatorship/BS govt but you are wrong if you think this guy is not popular with

many Thai's because  he is

Edited by meechai
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, meechai said:

You must not get around much eh?

Do you know which Thai;s support him?

Take a look at even this post that the article is about...who is the popular Thai with 3.2 million followers speaking highly of him?

I am not saying your wrong that you are living in a Military dictatorship/BS govt but you are wrong that if you think this guy is not popular with

many Thai's because  he is

well he sure isn't popular with the ones that matter now is he?  Of course he will be popular with some Thais, who will sit back and watch this idiot take the flak for them.  Making yourself popular with some locals when you are a guest, whilst also criticizing Thailand and some of its institutions is monumentally stupid, as he now knows .  Let the Thais fight their own battles. 

Edited by Pilotman
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, anchadian said:

Not sure if this has already been posted but RB will be continuing his 2pricethailand, that's of course if his visa is renewed;

Someone asked me if I will be suspending the #2pricethailand campaign. The answer to that is no, I will be continuing this and my other crusades like tourist safety and fair treatment of foreigners in #Thailand.

Excellent! He will end up with what he well deserve.

• Confused 3
  • Sad 3

Barrow is not the only tosser in this and bryan Davidson the 4 years in ambassador has made Barrow legitimate. Davidson quote:

"don't pester him" 

What kind of message is this. Surely it would have made more sense to outline best ways of communication but instead the word used was pester?

Anyone backing Richard needs to see this is a self interest self serving fool who speaks only for himself. 

Just like any drunk farang in Pattaya this guy is representative of all farang and you will all pay of you do not stand up to this Twitter warrior NOW.

10 hours ago, lamyai3 said:
On 8/16/2020 at 1:57 PM, Hi Tea said:

Why did you alter the first three words of my quote? Please don't do that.

I put them in bold, since "Who is he?" is precisely what the immigration spokesman said about him in April. How does that alter the meaning of your quote? And do you have any idea what I'm referring to? 

You altered the emphasis, i.e. the meaning, of my quote, that is not permitted by the forum rules...

16) You will not make changes to quoted material from other members posts, except for purposes of shortening the quoted post. This cannot be done in such a manner that it alters the context of the original post.

If you want to point out something, do so in your own comment, do not alter mine.

Edited by Hi Tea
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, anchadian said:

Not sure if this has already been posted but RB will be continuing his 2pricethailand, that's of course if his visa is renewed;

Someone asked me if I will be suspending the #2pricethailand campaign. The answer to that is no, I will be continuing this and my other crusades like tourist safety and fair treatment of foreigners in #Thailand.

image.png.c775a9bea9a7ee3e9c7faa51793e9acf.png

I am sure it will go down well ... Lets cut them prices in 1/2 .....

On 8/15/2020 at 8:36 PM, pedro01 said:

Nobody with a legit visa needs to go home to renew it. 

I know that, that is why I questioned the reason he goes home.

However, as someone pointed out the comment that was made about going home was not real clear.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

You must have enjoyed filling out your TM30 registration each time you traveled in the past. 

You must enjoy the prospect of dual-pricing (at national parks and private businesses). 

You most not have any care for fair treatment of foreigners in Thailand.

I never filled a TM30 and will never, they will do it for me for 2000 thb if I ever need them, but usually I never meet these rats, I just cross a border every 3 months!

Dual pricing I don't care as I do not visit any ridiculous place that barrow keep visiting since more than 20 years and pretend that it's marvelous.

I do not care at all any foreigner life in Thailand and mine is safe enough forever because I have enough money to be sure that nobody interferes, until the ridiculous English teacher.

This guy is useless and keep crying Mom and Dad for anything that happen, so sympathy.

• Sad 1