Richard Barrow may not have his visa renewed and could be forced to leave Thailand

webfact

9 hours ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

Well, they still use Britain as the measure of how civilised their country is and indeed Thailand and most other countries still imitate British culture to legitimise their systems and adopted traditions. 

Student mortar boards, judges wigs and gowns, army uniforms among many other adopted customs are examples. 

Indeed, Britain is the master of the grand facade,  32 Ambleside Avenue.

And one Prime Minister's final entry in his diary, 'Treacherous England'.

The UK government holds patents on fiddling, lying, cheating, corruption.

Britain should be an exhibit in Ripleys.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, talahtnut said:

Indeed, Britain is the master of the grand facade,  

And one Prime Minister's final entry in his diary, 'Treacherous England'.

The UK government holds patents on fiddling, lying, cheating, corruption.

Britain should be an exhibit in Ripleys.

Quite what Cynthia Payne has to do with the subject is rather baffling - her chosen profession and Richard's are poles apart. 

The P.M's quote was surely "Perfidious Albion"?  But Thailand has perfected the art of deceit and corruption that the British learned from the Chinese in opium wars days and it runs through all Thai culture at the hi-so level. It's simply called "corruption" and they are professionals at it. 

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, checkered flag said:

Good to see the use of the past tense. You had your chance and now it's over. However, mostly what you passed on was your arrogance. I can skip the warm British beer and toast with baked beans. Meat pies are also equally gross. Think of us as colonials but we'll never consider you our leaders or masters. 

Dear me, another colonial who murders the English language. 

Its chequered, and don't bother replying g with your wiki nonsense. 

• Thanks 1

On 8/15/2020 at 1:01 PM, Heppinger said:

You get 2 for 1 in england though, you can visit stonehenge in the country and then visit the bazaars of pakistan in london.  

Best curries you can get is in Leicester !  Much better than in India ???? .... 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

Well, they still use Britain as the measure of how civilised their country is and indeed Thailand and most other countries still imitate British culture to legitimise their systems and adopted traditions. 

Student mortar boards, judges wigs and gowns, army uniforms among many other adopted customs are examples. 

Well not that long ago the sun never set on the empire ???? ....  Once I get my time machine working I will post on here. Special TV travel promotion ..

I am sure I will get a great response

Maybe i should start 'pre-booking' . with a 30% discount ???? ...  Are you in the travel business by any chance ?

• Haha 2

22 hours ago, scoupeo said:

Barrow is an idiot whining liar and I appreciate to know that I am not the only one knowing the truth about him !

unfortunately his visa will be renewed but let's hope that it's the last time !

What's  his agents name . 

Please , send me a link .

Much appreciated . Kap..

Why exchange accusations with each other?

Who has a clean closet? Everyone, without exception,  has many skeletons to hide in their closets and day by day they keep adding.

To day the worst perpetrators are throwing the most accusations at others, it seems.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, rvaviator said:

Correct , All the Indians live in Leicester ..

And the Pakistanis , live in Bradford.  They also make a good curry ..

Great Britain , Bangers and Mash, with onion gravy .

Ah , those were the good old days , i remember them well .

Rule Britannia , those days are long gone . Never too return ..

Edited by elliss
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, phutoie2 said:

Dear me, another colonial who murders the English language. 

Its chequered, and don't bother replying g with your wiki nonsense. 

Indeed , it makes one wonder .

Why did we even bother to colonise them . A  great mistake .

We gave them , Education , freedom of speech ,, and now they just bite our <deleted> ...

Edited by elliss
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, elliss said:

Indeed , it makes one wonder .

Why did we even bother to colonise them . A  great mistake .

We gave them , Education , freedom of speech ,, and now they just bite our <deleted> ...

So thats where the freedom of speech went, can we have it back please.

How does the fact that he spends more time traveling and posting photos on his Twitter site than working have anything to do with his visa status? 

So he comes on a tourist visa EVERY TIME he comes here? Um...okay, so you are a habitual tourist who games the system each time you are here to stay longer. Great. 

When your extension is over, you will have to leave like every other foreigner in a similar position. 

My stance is: What is the law? It has nothing to do with anything else (or it shouldn't).

If I start a thread posting all my travel in Thailand photos will I get special treatment if I need it? Come on, please. 

Of course you could always run over a cop and point to all your positive posts about Thailand and hope you get let off. 

12 minutes ago, AndrewMciver said:

Is the hate directed to Barrow because of homophobia or because he's British ? 

Or jealousy he in Thailand, chilling, pretending to work, always on his travels and enjoying himself - whilst we're bored to the high horse. 

dick is gay?

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Hi Tea said:

Why did you alter the first three words of my quote? Please don't do that.

I put them in bold, since "Who is he?" is precisely what the immigration spokesman said about him in April. How does that alter the meaning of your quote? And do you have any idea what I'm referring to? 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, holy cow cm said:

I will 3rd that opinion. TM30 was done by other gents. 

I think the Isaan lawyer guy has PR. Taking on the immigration chief on the major social media platforms while you're dependent on that same immigration office for your ongoing permission to stay is a devil-may-care move. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, rvaviator said:

Biggest problem in cheap places in India is the meat... scrawny chicken and mutton 'very tough like old boot'. The sauces and spices are generally very good as long as they don't overdo the oil and salt.

Top notch places there are truly world class, though Indian in the UK has also reached great heights and developed it's own unique dishes especially in the Midlands like you mention. Try ordering a Balti in most parts of the subcontinent and they'll bring you bucket. 

• Like 2

On 8/15/2020 at 4:53 PM, richard_smith237 said:

Or you have been out of touch. 

We’re you aware there was a group of Expats who presented a Petition against TM30 (Immigration Law 37) to Thai Immigration last year ???

And then there is his criticism of Dual Pricing. Some on this forum disagree with his voice and see this as a foreigner interfering with Thai issues, we are guests etc etc.. 

Frankly I’m astonished that here is so much hate against someone who is attempting to do some good for the expat community. 

As they say, no good deed goes unpunished... 

Nothing to do with hate, but accepting that farang expats that think they can influence the Thai government are rather naive, at best.

Farangs that think they are important in LOS, are, IMO, acceptable targets for a bit of mockery.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, mstevens said:

I put many of the mean comments about Richard and some of the downright lies that have been said about him down to jealousy.

I'd have to know him to be "jealous". I don't, so I'm not.

I've tried to point out in previous posts that thinking expats have any influence in Thai policy is IMO naive, and that it never pays to make LOS look bad while dependent on visas to live there.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, lamyai3 said:

I put them in bold, since "Who is he?" is precisely what the immigration spokesman said about him in April. How does that alter the meaning of your quote? And do you have any idea what I'm referring to? 

Strictly speaking, one should not modify a quote in any way, though one can shorten it. If one wishes to do so, one should copy paste it to one's own reply box and modify that text.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, mstevens said:

Richard offers his thoughts on living in Thailand, traveling in Thailand to those who wish to read them. He sometimes has scoops before anyone else, TV included. He doesn't push it down anyone's throat and if you don't tune in to his websites or social media, you'd never know about him. He leads a pleasant life and has probably done better for himself than is immediately apparent. That's the holy grail, living the life in Thailand and making more money than you spend. All power to him and anyone else who manages to achieve something similar.

Richard might have been imprudent in raising some issues and may regret some of the posts he has made, but I think it's clear that his heart is in the right place. I have never had a sense Richard was trying to fool or cheat anyone. Never.

I put many of the mean comments about Richard and some of the downright lies that have been said about him down to jealousy.

Jealous of gay dixx life ? Really not ! Trust me ! Living as a gay old ugly English teacher is not exactly what I can be jealous about...

On 8/14/2020 at 10:24 AM, PatOngo said:

He is a farang helping farang with accurate information and he has campaigned ruthlessly against 2 tier pricing in Thailand. They don't like the truth!

Richard has a very large following and reaches tens of thousands of people. If he returns to the UK he still has the same following of people. This is the global information age and anyone living in the Kingdom can provide him with information as well as following the local media stories. Once he returns to the UK he's free to publish and post anything he wants. Life and our perceptions of everything is all about the optics. Giving Richard the boot in my opinion is not a very well-thought-out plan. Biting the hand that feeds you is a 2-way street and Richard will always have the upper hand residing in the UK.

Edited by BobinBKK
Spelling
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1