Phuket tourism transport drivers plea for loan repayment relief

webfact

Phuket tourism transport drivers plea for loan repayment relief

By Eakkapop Thongtub

1597643446_1-org.jpg

The Phuket van and taxi drivers gathered at Saphan Hin this morning (Aug 17) to present their plea, and their petition. Photo: Eakkapop Thongtub

PHUKET: More than 50 tour van and taxi drivers massed at Saphan Hin, on the outskirts of Phuket Town, this morning (Aug 17) to call for delayed loan repayments for their vehicles as they are unable to make repayments due to the current economic crisis.

The drivers gathered at 9am to represent their plea and a petition of more than 700 signatures of Phuket tour vehicle drivers calling for help in delaying their outstanding loan repayments.

Narong Chutong, one of the leading representatives of the group, explained that the petition includes the signatures of 709 drivers and tour operators in Phuket.

Full stort: https://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-tourism-transport-drivers-plea-for-loan-repayment-relief-77034.php

tphuketnews_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Phuket News 2020-08-17

16 hours ago, nausea said:

I feel for them, I really do. What's that bible story, 7 fat years and 7 lean years. God, these guys have had the fat coming out out of their ears for so long? Tough <deleted> I say, no sympathy. Maybe, just maybe, if you'd been nice to me I might have some empathy. 

But for what this is not lean years this is completely shot down. 

You sick and you sick how you know, we test you. 

So now we close everything. 

But we are not feeling sick but you might get another one who gonna feel sick and if you are really really unlucky someone going to die. 

It's so bad as before they got numbers from hospitals but now they use numbers from tests regardless of hospitals. 

But that was the original argument. 

Not able to comprehend the amount of sick people. 

I'm not sure what but fact is 

1 vaccine is a generic manipulation. 

2 it's mandatory 

3 it's 700 billion us deal minus cost 

This is enough to get convicted on indicia if not have 100% proof. 

But you are all grown up so see it as you please. 

But this has never been real. 

But it's your life 

• Haha 1

In this situation, it is difficult to determine "Good Guys In, Bad Guys Out". Seeing as the Phuket transport mafia controls things, let the mafia make the loan payments. Certainly the "dues" the drivers have been paying all these years, should provide such coverage.

1 hour ago, Deli said:

All my my sympathies to people who lost their jobs due to the Chinese Virus,

But zero sympathy for this mob of thugs, who ripped of people for decades.

Ditto... the goose has gone, and soon so will your bus

Som nam na.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bender Rodriguez said:

for years, they overcharged farangs, they should have saved

the vehicles should be sold and people sent back to the farms

No they never overcharged, the minivans were always quite reasonably priced. They always drove like lunatics though

• Like 1

3 hours ago, sebastion said:

No they never overcharged, the minivans were always quite reasonably priced. They always drove like lunatics though

“the minivans were always quite reasonably priced”

Agreed, £3 to Patong was the right price with all of the fun of the fairground included in the fee. White knuckles were guaranteed when the van was stuffed to the gunnels with tired grumpy tourists and their huge suitcases, the van wheel-spinning out from the airport road to the various destinations around the island. Demonstrations of late split-second lane changes, hitting a roundabout a 50mph and continuing at the same speed, a show of how close can I tailgate the vehicle in front, the ‘surf’ down Patong Hill with the heady smell of already overheated brakes filling the cab and, finally, the pant filling acceleration up and down the narrow soi’s to drop off the traumatized guests. Absolute bargain. The taxi’s on the other hand…

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

Wonder how many this makes up of the BOT 3% NPL's

These Van gougers are just the tip of a very large Iceberg of NPL,s that will come to fruition in the not too distant future.

3% NPL says BOT.

30% of GDP says me.