Pattaya: Swede racks up 100,000 baht in hospital bills after chasing snatch thief who stole 60K necklace

webfact

He is 72 so receive a Swedish pension . Even with the current exchange rates he should get at least 50000 baht. But maybe he has to pay some debt, who knows... 

On 8/18/2020 at 2:18 PM, RichardColeman said:

AS that is even 50% below the marriage visa needs , I would not shout about that too much. 

And if anyone says maybe he has savings  - then he can pay his bill 

Erm. No. 40k a month for marriage extension, ,65k for retirement. The report doesn't say he is asking for help to pay the hospital bill. 

10 hours ago, colinneil said:

Changing your tune now, first post you said not allowed to live here under 65.000, please stop posting incorrect facts.

If it's incorrect, it's not a fact. ????

Though indeed one does wonder why people who clearly post fiction, cannot simply admit that they got it wrong.

Instead they obfuscate and when that fails, either disappear or abuse you. It's a curious thing.

So easy to just to write, "thanks for updating me, but I didn't know that". 

But it's like they think that they have lost face...on a virtually anonymous forum. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Kalasin Jo said:

Erm. No. 40k a month for marriage extension, ,65k for retirement. The report doesn't say he is asking for help to pay the hospital bill. 

Erm.  The report doesn't say what visa he is on, either.    

On 8/18/2020 at 5:51 PM, Sheryl said:

At age 72 you are right, would not pay a full year's premium. But would easily have paid for accident insurance and some accident policies cover up to 200k in medical....

Or put in the bank, would have paid 60% of his medical bills to date.

If he'd sold something which might even have some sentimental value (you have no idea) he would have realised far less than the amount he paid for it. Whether he had insurance or not (the red herring in this discussion). 

16 hours ago, Speedhump said:

If he'd sold something which might even have some sentimental value (you have no idea) he would have realised far less than the amount he paid for it. Whether he had insurance or not (the red herring in this discussion). 

My point was purchasing it to begin with, not that he should sell it.

We all choose what we spend out money on.

I agree, everyone buys what they want, and then some ask for money for what they need.
I knew someone had just gotten back from a two-week cruise. A group of people were organizing a dinner. She said she did not have the money to pay her share and ask for a reduced price.