14-day quarantine may not be enough, says virologist

webfact

It reminds me of when the football transfer window would open in England & just about every media outlet & talking head would connect nigh on every decent player with a move to a rich club & then if one of those moves actually happened then they would report & point out how they had called it in advance whilest of course leaving out the very many calls that they got completely wrong.

They love nothing better than patting themselves on the back & telling all & sundry about how clever they are.

See you next Tuesday , the lot of 'em.

my theory is:

most people overhere already got it, and got over with, with no to little signes (a cold)

sun (vitamin D + UV kills virus) + high humidity (virus loved cold dry air =  airco here or dry heat air in cold countries)

but testing 1000 people randomly in EVERY province is not worth it for thailand

because they want to be top destination ( woehahaha) with 14 days locked up in an expensive hotel room, 100k insurance (but not for myanmar, laos, cambodia slave labour)

22 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

The media hysteria is fuelled by the need of so many ‘experts’ to have their moment in the spotlight with ‘maybes’  !!!

In decades and generations this whole saga will be taught as a case study of how we listed to flawed and uncertain information and played Russia roulette with our economy. 

Look at this news - 14 Day Quarantine ‘may not be enough’.....   1 potential case with an almost infinitesimally low viral load, basically dead RNA, recorded...  1 Person of country of 77 million - potential 25% unemployment. 

Thats 20 million people going hungry, even if the Thai Chamber of Commerce’s 25% unemployment projection is 5x too high, what about 5% ?? that still 3.85 Million People unemployed which is still devastating to a society with very little social welfare.

Open up the borders - Allow Tourists with a Covid-19 test. 

Test arrivals and track and trace.

There will be further outbreaks - but really, is it that bad ????? 

the US is quoting 170,000 Covid-19 deaths (in 6 months so far) yet 2,840,000 people die each year anyway.

How many of these deaths are ‘extra’ deaths ?????

We really need unadulterated facts - not this media frenzy fuelled by a political stance. 

Far more people die on the roads every year in Thailand than will ever die from Covid-19 here.

Wake and smell the coffee generals

• Like 1

I quarantined for 21 days back in March, and then stayed cautious for 2 more

weeks. When I seen my family doctor, he advised me that was the best thing

to do. I was fortunate not to have caught this virus, and the doctor has lost

both friends and family members to this virus.  I have been fortunate that so far

my family has all been healthy. Being over cautious has not caused as many deaths                        as being reckless. 

Geezer