Younger protesters may lack understanding, warns psychologist

webfact

8 minutes ago, ChrisY1 said:

as the internet teaches young people to think and act and nowadays,

Ignorant rubbish.

Do you really think kids use the internet as an Encyclopaedia?

Online games, fake superficial celebrity and pointless tiktok clips, oh, I’ve lost ya.

Kome on Man!

????

• Like 1
  • Sad 2
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, trucking said:

Like yourself you mean ? Yes, I think that many TV members would agree.

are you even in Thailand. ok let's go back to the protests, roadblocks, fighting, shootings, mayhem, killings, yes wouldn't that just be great ... but hey ' democracy works.   lol  ! 

• Like 1
  • Sad 4

3 hours ago, Grumpy John said:

It will be interesting to see where the student protests leads to.  Does the government still have the Attitude Adjustment camps?  Maybe the whole country can be an Attitude Adjustment camp.  ????

You mean it isn't already ..............LOL

1 hour ago, ChrisY1 said:

Educators, politicians and many of the general public, still regard university students as children...and therefore, inferior to adults. An old traditional mindset that just can't be changed. 

In reality of course, and something many can't grasp, is that students are so much smarter than the "grown ups"....whilst some educators believe that rote teaching is the only way, universities are gradually opening up, because they are being demanded to, as the internet teaches young people to think and act and nowadays, question why and how.

they use the smartphone for games and facebook selfies ......  that's all  !   

oh ....  and shopee .   I know, I have friends of various ages and groups and that's what they do most of the day. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 4
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Grumpy John said:

It will be interesting to see where the student protests leads to.  Does the government still have the Attitude Adjustment camps?  Maybe the whole country can be an Attitude Adjustment camp.  ????

The schools already are, that's how they're set-up.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, misterjames said:

It won't be long before "following others" turns into "foreign influence" they will definitely make this white mans fault somehow.

Also I wonder what they will regard as a solution re-education camps like China and internet censorship?

I think I can see where this is going.

Kind of restrictive, don't you think? Freedom is not solely, nor really, a "white" concept and although "white" is part of it it does not, far from it, make the whole group of foreigners ????

7 hours ago, webfact said:

a prominent psychologist has warned.

No mention of the fact that many of older generation suffer the same problems, and that it takes them several years to understand that making money is the only part of education they ever required.

• Like 1

However, she was concerned that the thought process of many youngsters was not fully developed, meaning they could be easily pushed into following others

Hasn’t that been the objective of the Thai education system ? Don’t think, just follow your “betters” .......maybe it has just backfired on them when other “betters” arrived on the political scene.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

8 hours ago, webfact said:

protesters

6 hours ago, RJRS1301 said:
  8 hours ago, webfact said:

Youngsters being drawn into political activism by the explosion of Internet information may lack a deep understanding of the political situation,

Obviously this is the truth as these thoughts are not the thoughts of the older elite they are dangerous thoughts that may change society for the better. Students in Thailand are not supposed to think: it goes against the tenant of Thai rote teaching.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, steven100 said:

bingo   !   they do not understand Thai politics and it's history,  similar to many TV farang. 

What about TV thai's like yourself. 

Don't worry about them students their brain haven't full developed yet????

We will split them up later into red and yellow.

Have they cut you in the ONE BANGKOK deal yet.

• Like 1