Mouse recommendation

Smilinggekko

I use a Razer deathadder which has been used several hours a day for 8 years and is rock solid. Cost me 2000+ but beware of fakes, Thailand is flooded with them. As a backup I have a Logitech M100R, which is also great but without the build quality or ergonomics of the Razer, can be bought for under 200 baht.      

Edited by SteveK

Found one of the better ones for me... https://www.lazada.co.th/products/fantech-x16-thor-ii-optical-macro-key-rgb-gaming-mouse-dpi-4200-mmorpg-bns-fps-moba-16-i519276464-s922490663.html?spm=a2o4m.searchlistcategory.list.11.282b7bccdwkR1B&search=1

Been using for over 3 years with a lot of use.....  for PC look for mouse size, cannot used the normal small size [cramp/arthritis in hands]

On my old little used Laptop use the FANTECH G10, but soon get cramp in hands using it      https://www.lazada.co.th/products/fantech-g10-gaming-mouse-dpi-800-1200-1600-2400-fps-i6987406-s8759980.html?spm=a2o4m.searchlistcategory.list.13.282b7bccdwkR1B&search=1   is much older than my PC mouse FANTECH-x16

would love a Razer but for the price.  the size and nice to use in 'Advice IT' shop is near 5,000 baht !!!  just wonder the ones on Lazada at less than 1/2 the price are any good. Genuine ??

Edited by ignis

14 hours ago, Smilinggekko said:

Are any of the local brands any good?  The freebie one that came with my computer died within 2 months (erratic tracking).  I want a Logitech MX3 but don't want to spend anything like that money!  

MX Master 2S and MX3 are nearly identical... This video shows differences between them:

You can pick up 2S for about 2500 from online shops. I just did a week back.

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/i248613595-s382896482.html

If you have a large hand, MX Master series are likely the best mice ever produced. BUT...

This is my 3rd one in 2 years. Why? On the left side thumb rest, there's actually a button underneath the rubber cover. And if that button gets stuck, which it does for many, the cursor movement will stop. Luckily there's a way to fix it by yourself in 5 min but it is still annoying for premium product like this.

Other than that - as you can tell I love this mouse. Using it on iMac though with Rapoo 5G model 7800P on the PC. Now about Rapoo, that is my 2nd one also (likely due to far less use) but there issues are far greater. Yes, 5G is wonderful to avoid interference as band is wider and has less on it for now, but the micro switches of Rapoo are not in the same class as Logitech.

Edited by tomazbodner
added URL

15 hours ago, Smilinggekko said:

don't want to spend anything like that money

Does a few thousand THB every few years really matter?

I use a Microsoft Ergonomic Keyboard since 1995 and a Microsoft Ergonomic Mouse since probably about 10 years. I love it.

I think I remember is cost about 2,500THB. I use it every day all day long. Great investment.

OIP.Ec_hyXiK0iSLr8-v4OJtWAAAAA?w=198&h=1

I picked up 2 recently after my e-blue got dropped...

Both of them are perfect, one is bigger and fits my hand nicer than the other.

Both excellent trackers with thumb buttons.

Both stupid cheap, and much better than the Nubwo I bought a few years back for my wife's laptop.

Get them COD from Lazada - VicTsing PC073 (big one - expensive at 320 baht) and the equally great, though slightly smaller MM057 (wow - 153 baht)

Is ~THB 355/-  (in my case Logitech M185)- an exorbitant investment for a mouse, which can be used for over a couple of years (mine 5 years and still going)?

Dropped it more than a couple of times during this time!

Edited by ravip

23 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Does a few thousand THB every few years really matter?

I use a Microsoft Ergonomic Keyboard since 1995 and a Microsoft Ergonomic Mouse since probably about 10 years. I love it.

I think I remember is cost about 2,500THB. I use it every day all day long. Great investment.

OIP.Ec_hyXiK0iSLr8-v4OJtWAAAAA?w=198&h=1

I used to use the same but mouse was a bit iffy, and the printing on the keys started disappearing within a couple of months, requiring the stickers, which looked really ugly given the stretched shapes of the keys. When it comes to ergonomics, it was absolutely amazing feeling to use. I wish they made a new one that looked just like that, just put together with a little better materials...And maybe 5GHz... maybe I'm asking too much...

5 minutes ago, tomazbodner said:

I used to use the same but mouse was a bit iffy, and the printing on the keys started disappearing within a couple of months, requiring the stickers, which looked really ugly given the stretched shapes of the keys. When it comes to ergonomics, it was absolutely amazing feeling to use. I wish they made a new one that looked just like that, just put together with a little better materials...And maybe 5GHz... maybe I'm asking too much...

There is a newer model of that mouse. I never tried it because my old mouse is still fine.

With the keyboard I agree that after some time (years?) some letters on the keys are not visible anymore. Personally I don't care because after using keyboards since decades I don't have to look at most letters anymore. And they few keys with special characters which I use seldom still show the original "letters".

I use this keyboard which is still available.

Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000, https://www.microsoft.com/accessories/en-us/products/keyboards/natural-ergonomic-keyboard-4000/b2m-00012

7332059_sd.jpg

24 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

There is a newer model of that mouse. I never tried it because my old mouse is still fine.

With the keyboard I agree that after some time (years?) some letters on the keys are not visible anymore. Personally I don't care because after using keyboards since decades I don't have to look at most letters anymore. And they few keys with special characters which I use seldom still show the original "letters".

Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000, https://www.microsoft.com/accessories/en-us/products/keyboards/natural-ergonomic-keyboard-4000/b2m-00012

7332059_sd.jpg

Mine was looking same as this but was wireless model. So no lights at the bottom and no cable, but the rest the same.

Edited by tomazbodner

41 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

7332059_sd.jpg

It says $49.95 in the US.

How about the price in Thailand? (At Lazada around 7024 THB

On 8/24/2020 at 9:53 AM, ravip said:

an exorbitant investment for a mouse,

It depends on peoples individual requirements. For those of us with daily long term use of a mouse, its the most important interactive piece of equipment on our PCs, so spending a decent price on a top line model (mine is a MX3 by Logi) is an easy choice. They are incredibly comfortable to use and a lot of thought would have gone into reducing hand strain injuries in the design.

• Like 2