Open letter to the tourism authority and the Thai government

rooster59

24 minutes ago, Anton9 said:

Many people don't want to see the truth because it's like admitting they have been brainwashed by the media thinking we are dealing with the Plague.

The main topic in the MSM is the flu,who caught it and who died from it and what you have to do to comply with the new laws and rules to try to stop it.These days you have to do what your phone tells you to do?You must trust the selected experts that appear on the phone and do what they say?Why?Because people get old and sick and they die?How do these experts know when someone is old and sick dies before their time?Who magically knows how long a person will live for? 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, steve187 said:

please explain how north Americans, Australians as well as some other countries would go about returning 

Eva Flys to the USA every Friday from bkk 12:20pm

Buy a ticket and go if you want?

Just can't come back for now.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, FarFlungFalang said:

Probably because his current visa has expired and is being told to leave Thailand and get a new visa so he can apply for a retirement visa,which is what they tell me about changing to a marriage extension.  

He can apply for a retirement visa from within Thailand , no need to leave

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, CorpusChristie said:

He can apply for a retirement visa from within Thailand , no need to leave

You're correct,he can apply for a retirement visa but the application can also be denied for the reason I mentioned by some IO's as has been suggested and consistency isn't 100% on these decisions,so there maybe a need to leave in certain cases.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, FarFlungFalang said:

You're correct,he can apply for a retirement visa but the application can also be denied for the reason I mentioned by some IO's as has been suggested and consistency isn't 100% on these decisions,so there maybe a need to leave in certain cases.

I believe that Tourist visas and visa exempts can be converted to Retirement visas .

Which visa do you currently have ?

5 minutes ago, CorpusChristie said:

I believe that Tourist visas and visa exempts can be converted to Retirement visas .

Which visa do you currently have ?

I have a Non Imm O ME which I'm trying to convert a 1 year extension based marriage with money in the bank and have used my 60 day extension which I got in January and expired in March and I am now on the amnesty and told I must leave to get a new visa before I can get the 1 year extension.

4 hours ago, steve187 said:

please explain how north Americans, Australians as well as some other countries would go about returning 

There's a Thai Air flight to Sydney every Sunday evening, contact the Australian embassy to register for one of these flights.

Qatar Airlines flies a couple of days a week to various Australian destinations, mind you you may have to take out a 2nd mortgage to afford one of these and they go via Doha.

Cathay Pacific has been running flights from Bangkok to Australia via Hong Kong (might be a bit iffy on an Australian passport at the moment) and 

I just heard Singapore Airlines is starting to fly Bangkok to Australia via Singapore.

Not sure about America or "other" countries but I hope this helps for anyone wanting to return to Oz.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, RR2020 said:

There will be no vaccine.   This virus will be around for years to come.

Rather than take the first wave, like many countries around the world have, Thailand has shut down.

Thailand can never open again, for it has to suffer the 1st wave.........avoiding the 1st wave is great if you have a vaccine, and if no vaccine it is utter stupidity.

It's a dilemma. Vaccine or no vaccine.

Dr Kaufman has enlightened all the researchers but then he was deplatformed. 

I don't think anyone knows what this C-19 is all about.

Edited by owl sees all
  • Like 1

This man is 68 years old. Why didn't he use his time to put money in the bank and be ready to apply for a retirement visa/extension? And if he fears getting the  flu back in Germany, why the heck doesn't he get a flu shot?

Edited by John Drake
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, AbeNormal said:

well they should tell people now instead of waiting until the 11th hour after many would have already left or booked very expensive flights, I see a difference almost daily and know of quite a few that have left these last 10 days 

I don't quite understand the thinking, they are crying out for tourists and yet are forcing those already here and willing to stay to leave, hard to make any sense of that unless all they want are a stupid few that will come and pay bt10,000 a night in a quarantine hotel 

The government don't want western foreigner in Thailand,easy as that.They would be more than happy all western foreigner are gone and never come back.Western foreigner are a bad influence for the average Thai.If they could they would also block all internet access to western websites and social media.Do you see what's going in BKK?The students didn't get smart in school, but the internet and evil western foreigner teaching them about the real world

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On arguments about COVID only affecting people with pre-existing conditions and how Thailand is stupid in shutting down while other countries are smart to get their people infected...

According to UK doctors, they have found massive numbers of type 1 diabetes in children with COVID even in very mild cases. Subsequent checks found equally elevated numbers in older patients. Chinese doctors have investigated damage to nervous system, lungs, kidneys and liver, believing that blood clots are to blame for the organ damage. Some of damage was going to take 6-12 months to mostly recover, and some was permanent. There were more studies around this, but this will do for the point I wish to make:

If a healthy, young person gets infected, and even mild cases can cause a medical condition which has been considered "pre-existing medical condition contributing to severity of symptoms" or "only these with pre-existing medical condition were dying", then what happens when people get infected the 2nd... 3rd... 4th time? By then pretty much all the patients would have had a "pre-existing condition".

Has this been considered at all in those that push for herd immunity?

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

Sounds like a right c.ock sucker. He claims to be a writer. If that’s his best shot he must be skint. 

You would think he lived in Syria or somewhere with his grovelling about how dangerous his homeland is. 

Edited by Kadilo

1 hour ago, Anton9 said:

So embarassing begging a country to let you stay, have some dignity.

I am begging Thailand to let me back in????, Seriously I am married to a Thai and I have a Thai son so I can re-enter but the whole quarantine costs is putting me off, I am currently in nsw Australia where they are keeping it below 20 new cases a day and managing to keep it in check, Surely that should be recognized and let in and self quarantine in my home there after a negative test leaving Sydney and a negative test on arrival I should be free to go.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, SteveK said:

Why don't they just offer a 6 month tourist visa for a few thousand baht? Many people could come and spend lots of money, Thailand could make a chunk of change from the fees. There needs to be a better long term tourist visa.

It seems they don't want to.They have demonstrated the ability to be able to do anything they want.After reading some of the posts here I wouldn't be surprised if their noses aren't slightly out of joint. 

• Like 1