Thais hope 2 million foreign tourists will visit from year end to March, despite all the restrictions

webfact

9 hours ago, wensiensheng said:

The 14 day quarantine requirement is an irrelevance. Everybody will ignore it and there will be no enforcement. Nor will there be any follow up tests after the first week. So really the only safeguard is the preflight health certificate and innate fear people might have of flying at covid time.

correct. i've been on holiday abroad since covid and this is the norm. Everyone knows its all nonsense antiquated ( 25 year out of date ) bigbrother survaliance being pushed by clueless people at the top of the world power pyramid. The news that social phone apps have been tracking everyone's location for over a decade hasn't reached them yet.
As far as I can see, Thailand is opening in November. Thai Airways are taking bookings for November flights. When u get to Suvarnabhumi airport, Install the tracking app, then once you step out the airport you can delete it.

23 minutes ago, shy coconut said:

Seems a bit ambiguous, surely if you stay in your quarantine hotel, you would be

staying on the island.

The way the quoted directive sounds is that you can leave the hotel as long as you

stay on the island, but perhaps I'm reading it wrong or something is lost in translation!

Two weeks quarantined in the hotel followed by another week in Phuket before you can leave for your choice of destination. 

8 minutes ago, djuiiy said:

correct. i've been on holiday abroad since covid and this is the norm. Everyone knows its all nonsense antiquated ( 25 year out of date ) bigbrother survaliance being pushed by clueless people at the top of the world power pyramid. The news that social phone apps have been tracking everyone's location for over a decade hasn't reached them yet.
As far as I can see, Thailand is opening in November. Thai Airways are taking bookings for November flights. When u get to Suvarnabhumi airport, Install the tracking app, then once you step out the airport you can delete it.

TG is desperate for cash, and their refund policy is part of its Thai style demise.  I would say March is more likely than November.  

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Paiman said:

May be because 98% of Thais think their country is better than other countries - logic to follow, 98% of all international Tourists have only 1 dream - holidays in the promised land  -  Thailand.

Sometimes I think my jar of peanut butter in the cupboard has an higher IQ than these official Lurers.

The lid on your peanut butter you mean 

I, for one, will not be visiting LOS or anywhere else with the continuing quarantine nonsense.  My Thai wife is always free to go home to see her parents by herself but she's won't agree to 14 day quarantine unless an absolute emergency.

We're booked to fly to LOS in late November but pretty sure we won't be going.  If we don't go in November then the earliest we'll rebook for is June 2021.  

Not sure there'll be anything left to enjoy in LOS if the borders remain closed for much longer.  

Edited by torturedsole
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, charmonman said:

I could probably handle 7 more days there and then get the hell out.

I saw a video yesterday indicating that you could stay in Phuket for a one week holiday after the quarantine OR you could leave after the 2 week quarantine and spend ANOTHER week in quarantine at your next destination.  

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Searat7 said:

I saw a video yesterday indicating that you could stay in Phuket for a one week holiday after the quarantine OR you could leave after the 2 week quarantine and spend ANOTHER week in quarantine at your next destination.  

Do you get a nice balcony with sea views? 

I am keen to return to Thailand as soon as flights are permitted to land but the main thing preventing me then will be the requirement to buy insurance that covers the Covid disease. I have been unable to find any insurance cover for this and suggest that the Thai Government will need to find a supplier and sell me the policy for the Covid Cover on arrival.

Also quoted below :

The tourism and sports ministry are working with the foreign, interior, transport and health ministries on the plan. 

May I suggest that the tourism and sports ministry work with the Immigration Ministry also.

21 minutes ago, cracker1 said:

I am keen to return to Thailand as soon as flights are permitted to land but the main thing preventing me then will be the requirement to buy insurance that covers the Covid disease. I have been unable to find any insurance cover for this and suggest that the Thai Government will need to find a supplier and sell me the policy for the Covid Cover on arrival.

Many Thailand insurers cover. Here's an example

FB_IMG_1596220988496.jpg.390c982d3fe211e609ef9f618bb4cae2.jpg

Give the people what they want.

Fair enough, charge them for it.

But to give them what you suggest is just crazy.

AND to charge them top dollar..

Somebody needs to understand about marketing strategy. 

Some places are offering discount or subsidised holidays, to get people back. 

This is sheer stupidity.!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, leicesterguyuk said:

Emirates have already done the same, announced last week I think. 

But would this be good enough for Thai authorities? And Virgin don't fly to Thailand so that's a non-starter. 

No it has to be health insurance to get a CoE.

Or that's the current situation. 

Changes every time a cabinet minister wants to big note himself. 

23 minutes ago, ChipButty said:

It's only certain hotels will benefit from this 

They have to be ASQ  approved and We can all guess as to what that means. 

One minister has already been removed for requesting contributions to be placed on an ASQ hotel list.

That's basically a signal for any remaining foreign businesses and entrepreneurs, saying:

"We are dedicated to make our people suffer for a flu virus until further notice, because we are stuck in the 'we may all die and it's the fault of foreigners!' narrative and have no idea how to get out of it.

Pack your bags and go home!"

• Like 1

Delusional. This crisis is bad enough and it really make matter worst to have delusional politicians making such kind of fantasy predictions. They better think how to allocate the budget they had for those damn submarines and help the people of Thailand who suffer the most, you know, their citizens...

• Like 1

Found some details (proposed by the Thailand's Minister of Tourism Phiphat Ratchakitprakarn) for a phuket tourist "holiday" plan slated for October: 14 day quarantine and then free to roam the resort ONLY.

Additional 7 day quarantine and additional covid tests to leave the resort!

https://tinyurl.com/phuket-quarantine

So, for a glorious 4 week holiday experience in Phuket, stay, 3 weeks are spent in a quarantine facility.

SNL was never this hilarious.

Edited by i84teen
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, Paiman said:

May be because 98% of Thais think their country is better than other countries - logic to follow, 98% of all international Tourists have only 1 dream - holidays in the promised land  -  Thailand.

Sometimes I think my jar of peanut butter in the cupboard has an higher IQ than these official Lurers.

You jar has...definitely

I do not know many working people who get more tha 4 weeks annual leave, except

5 weeks if you have worked in the company for many years. so no vacation for the biggest majority of the working people. Next thought is, just how many retired people

want to go to anywhere, only to spend a week in their hotel room, the next week

just in the hotel property. Of course they can then enjoy the holiday, before repeating

2 weeks at their homes on return.  I will wait one or two years before going

on my next long vacation. Good Luck to the rest of you travellers.

Geezer

• Like 1

Just now, Stargrazer9889 said:

I do not know many working people who get more than 4 weeks annual leave, except

5 weeks if you have worked in the company for many years. so no vacation for the biggest majority of the working people. Next thought is, just how many retired people

want to go to anywhere, only to spend a week in their hotel room, the next week

just in the hotel property. Of course they can then enjoy the holiday, before repeating

2 weeks at their homes on return.  I will wait one or two years before going

on my next long vacation. Good Luck to the rest of you travellers.

Geezer

Man, Thailand has got to be hurting. Basically alienated westerner pensioners now this. Personally I sought they will ever get to previous numbers.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1