Black man shot in back by police in Wisconsin city, governor says, curfew imposed

snoop1130

33 minutes ago, CorpusChristie said:

How could Trump stop the riots and unrest ?

What would you do if you were POTUS ?

I would call in the leaders of the dems and prominent blm members and listen to what they have to say. Lend an empathetic ear.

Then do a press briefing with them to say i am aware there are concerns and issues that need to be addressed and will work together to find common ground whicj will result in a plan that is acceptable to all.

I would say i will provide regular updates and ask that protesters teturn to their homes until we can get to the bottom of what has caused your anger.

Thats how things are done, you listen, empathise. You need to want to unite. Trump refuses to unite.

But of course first trump has to acknowledge there is an issue. All trump has done is stoke the fire, its not working.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Sujo said:

Then why doesnt he shut up and leave them to it instead of crying about it. So much winning.

Trumps america.

Although he does have an opinion on the unrest and as POTUS , he would be expected to make a comment .

Saying that , he isnt in charge or have any authority over localised policing .

(BTW , you probably meant to write *whining* , instead of "winning" , good news is that you still have time to change it by editing it )

1 hour ago, morrobay said:

Are you saying that Trump cannot send in troops by declaring national emergency , and the states have to approve. Sure about that?

Sending in federal troops while being rebuffed by local authorities would be presented in the US Dem loving press as the actions of a dictator...something he is already accused of on a regular basis...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Puchaiyank said:

Sending in federal troops while being rebuffed by local authorities would be presented in the US Dem loving press as the actions of a dictator...something he is already accused of on a regular basis...

So be it.  Do you want this criminal anarchy stopped?

1 hour ago, Mama Noodle said:

<SNIP> None of them want trump to do anything other than whatever negatively affects his polling.<SNIP>

trump does an excellent job all by himself to get negative polling

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, morrobay said:

So be it.  Do you want this criminal anarchy stopped?

I do, I really really do, but if they want it to continue for political purposes because they believe the chaos helps them, let them have it and let them sleep in the bed they made - all while showing everyone who they really are and their scorched earth policy. 

• Like 1

Anyway, the people the kid shot were a real classy bunch. A registered sex offender with crimes against a minor. Skateboard guy has a record of battery and repeat domestic abuse. Arm Hamburger pistol guy has a history of being intoxicated with a gun - which is ironic because that means it’s likely illegal for him to even own one. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

16 minutes ago, Mama Noodle said:

I do, I really really do, but if they want it to continue for political purposes because they believe the chaos helps them, let them have it and let them sleep in the bed they made - all while showing everyone who they really are and their scorched earth policy. 

Trumps america.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Mama Noodle said:

Anyway, the people the kid shot were a real classy bunch. A registered sex offender with crimes against a minor. Skateboard guy has a record of battery and repeat domestic abuse. Arm Hamburger pistol guy has a history of being intoxicated with a gun - which is ironic because that means it’s likely illegal for him to even own one. 

And the 17 year old going interstate with a long gun and out after curfew?

Perhaps he should be learning at school. Instead he will be in jail. Trump supporters do tend to end there.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, mike787 said:

Hey only needed to listen to thee police everything would be ok, but Noooooo can't do that, lets burn the country down and destroy more lives....

Yeah its bad. So what is trump doing to stop it.

4 minutes ago, Sujo said:

And the 17 year old going interstate with a long gun and out after curfew?

On top of them being violent people and sex offender/paedo - they were out offer curfew and tossing molotovs, bashing cars, and burning business’s. These are the people you are choosing to defend. 

I can not fathom how you justify that, but up to you. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Mama Noodle said:

On top of them being violent people and sex offender/paedo - they were out offer curfew and tossing molotovs, bashing cars, and burning business’s. These are the people you are choosing to defend. 

I can not fathom how you justify that, but up to you. 

And the shooter was out after curfew, had no idea who the people he shot were. Any evidence the people she shot were doing anything? 

Thought not. Its not hos job to be law enforcement. This will not end well for him.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Mama Noodle said:

He’s trolling. That’s all he’s doing. Trying to provoke people. 

Pot calling the kettle black lol bottom line imo the people of color need to feel that cops will be accountable when they screw up as is painfully obvious in this case imo a gross overreacting on the part of the cops trump exacerbating the race issue isent helping time for a change in leadership this ones obviously a failure 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tug said:

Pot calling the kettle black lol bottom line imo the people of color need to feel that cops will be accountable when they screw up as is painfully obvious in this case imo a gross overreacting on the part of the cops trump exacerbating the race issue isent helping time for a change in leadership this ones obviously a failure 

Whats the matter you don't want to wait for the investigation that  holds everyone accountable !

Again the story doesn't mention Mr. Trump,stop bashing and trolling. God knows there are plenty of threads here you can participate in that have his name mentioned!

49 minutes ago, Sujo said:

And the shooter was out after curfew, had no idea who the people he shot were. Any evidence the people she shot were doing anything? 

Thought not. Its not hos job to be law enforcement. This will not end well for him.

right on its not hos jobs to be law enforcement officers they,re there to shake their moneymakers

41 minutes ago, riclag said:

Whats the matter you don't want to wait for the investigation that  holds everyone accountable !

Again the story doesn't mention Mr. Trump,stop bashing and trolling. God knows there are plenty of threads here you can participate in that have his name mentioned!

It’s not that I can’t wait imo the folks that are getting shot don’t feel they are getting a square deal I agree I also know the cops have a dangerous job be that as it may be the people must feel that the police are beeing held accountable when the get it wrong that would go a long way in healing race relations I as an older white American stand in solidarity with the BLM movement that doesent men that I condone looting or violence it means I stand with justice and fairness as far as trump he fans the flames of racism it’s obvious he feels the division he’s creating helps him with re election that’s not good for the country I will continue to call it out

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, fishtank said:

White police murdering Black people.

It surely has to stop one day.

Not while there is an idiot in the White House.

I personally would amend your opening comment by saying it as... white police killing black Americans who aren't posing any life threatening danger to anyone around them.

There are times when the police may have to shoot or use other lethal force, and people of whatever race end up dead for justified reasons. But too many of these cases with black Americans leading to public protests aren't cases where lawful police policy warrants the use of lethal force.

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

I personally would amend your opening comment by saying it as... white police killing black Americans who aren't posing any life threatening danger to anyone around them.

There are times when the police may have to shoot and people of whatever race end up dead for justified reasons. But too many of these cases with black Americans leading to protests aren't cases where lawful police policy warrants the use of lethal force.

Perhaps there could be some program in minority neighborhoods to educate them on what to do if stopped by a police officer?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

There are... But perhaps there also should be some program to teach American police to stop killing black people who aren't posing any life threatening danger to those around them...

There is... it's called lengthy prison sentences if found guilty. People are acting like there is no prosecution going on. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1