Thailand presses ahead with plans to turn prisons into tourist attractions

webfact

39 minutes ago, JusticeGB said:

Next it will be a hair brain scheme by the Minister of Sewerage to invite tourists to visit sewerage plants to smell pleasant odours from his wonderful old plants. 

'Minister of Sewerage' That's not a nice way to refer to our illustrious leader.

3 hours ago, darksidedog said:

Disgraceful. Thai prisons are places of terrible hardship and suffering. Anyone wanting to go visit is just sick, and promoting visits is disgraceful. The only thing I am sure about is that it will be a revenue raiser, as if the jails didn't fleece its inmates enough already.

25 years ago, I worked in a language school at Nontaburi pier. Many tourists came in asking where the Bangkok Hilton was. I talked to some of them at length, very nice, compassionate people. Personally, I went one day to offer some cigarettes to the inmates but they didn't let me in as I was too drunk ???? I'd been in a Chang beer bar drinking with prison guards, who told me many interesting stories.

Edited by Neeranam
  • Like 1

First we had kobkorn with her Durian kit kats and now this guy. This government have not only scraped the bottom of the barrel, they have smashed straight through the bottom and it is on display for all to see.

I would not mind to pay 500 baht entrance to see, prominent people from this government and the previous ones in jail. Included Military brass, Police top, government officials and their corrupt family members and I would not mind to pay 1000 baht ????

• Like 1

3 hours ago, sapson said:

Comedy gold from the nutters every week, billions of baht on obsolete submarines, cops to visit the parents of a kindergarten toddler and now prisons as a tourist attraction.

They must sit around with their crack pipes totally stoned to come up with this lunacy.

Actually it is a clever plan by cha cha. He has worked out that if he surrounds himself with absolute f.....ing idiots, then it makes him look smarter. What a brilliant plan. Not.

4 hours ago, darksidedog said:

Disgraceful. Thai prisons are places of terrible hardship and suffering. Anyone wanting to go visit is just sick, and promoting visits is disgraceful. The only thing I am sure about is that it will be a revenue raiser, as if the jails didn't fleece its inmates enough already.

Hmmm.

So the millions of people who visit the Nazi death camps in Europe are sick?

Sorry, don't think so.

He is talking about turning prisons no longer wanted into museums and inviting the public to appreciate the history of the penal system.

From incarceration to execution.

Overnight stays.

Right?

He's not thinking of turning prisons into zoos.

Surely.

Disneyjail..........:welcomeani:

Book early to avoid disappointment.....????

Free armed guard, talk to a real, soon to be executed, on stage comedian, experience the feeling of sharing a cell of 50 smelly prisoners, free golf cart ride through the nutters section, free food buffet, carefully created by the mentally unstable section....

It all adds up to a fun day out for you, the kids and Gran.....  :clap2:

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, darksidedog said:

Tour of  the Rats and Cockroaches