State of emergency extended by another month

snoop1130

State of emergency extended by another month

By The Nation

800_d4139b0d86c8a47.jpg

Cabinet has given the green light to extending the state of emergency until September 30 in order to contain the spread of Covid-19, Anucha Burapachaisri, Office of the Prime Minister spokesman, said on Tuesday (August 25).

He said the National Security Council had proposed the extension.

Related stories:

CCSA resolves to extend emergency decree by a month

NSC okays emergency extension, says decree won't be used against political rallies

Meanwhile, the Centre for Covid-19 Situation Administration reported five new cases on Tuesday. Three of the patients had returned from Oman, Turkey and the US, while two had returned from Indonesia.

As of Tuesday, the number of confirmed cases in the country stood at 3,402 (465 found in state quarantine). Of these, 115 are under treatment, 3,229 have recovered and 58 have succumbed to the disease.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30393500

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-08-25

• Sad 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

48 minutes ago, snoop1130 said:

Cabinet has given the green light to extending the state of emergency until September 30 in order to contain the spread of Covid-19

should we assume the Songkran festival/holidays, schedule for beginning of September,  are cancelled ???

16 minutes ago, dinsdale said:

Running scared. Lets see how many more arrests there will be. It won't matter. The people's revolution is coming.

well I see facebook is tired of the protest already. They shut them down ... lol

kids ..... back to class na.

Edited by steven100
  • Sad 3
  • Haha 1

44 minutes ago, steven100 said:

well I see facebook is tired of the protest already. They shut them down ... lol

kids ..... back to class na.

I thought FB was shut down because reforms about ................

And why is number 9 such an auspices number here, may be some truth .

• Like 1

Are there still any special rules and regulations?

If I look here in Pattaya not many people seem to care about Corona anymore. Social distancing - perhaps on Facebook but not here anymore. I also remember that the nightlife should end at midnight. Very many things are open here until 1 or even later. So what is left from the rules and regulations? The often useless mask when you go shopping? Temperature checks are not done at many places anymore and to register without phone - only if you really want to touch the pen that endless people touched before you already. But mostly it is not enforced anyway anymore. 

Recently I ate at a restaurant the MK style - but not MK. Very many people - I guess more than 100. Pretty much every table was occupied. Social distancing - forget it. Only 1 lonely bottle of gel for hand desinfection reminded me of Corona.

On 8/25/2020 at 6:41 PM, bkk6060 said:

Why would it be canceled?

My understanding it is going to be the same as the 2 Songkran extended holidays they have already had.  Just longer weekends with no water festival.

I agree with you but wasn't it a single day for Songkran on 27 July & Kings birthday 28 July?