visa agency in BKK what was required and they said p/p

and 2 photo's that's all is that right he is going to immigration

as it is cheaper i only asked my friend in BKK so he can go with

the right paperwork is what she told me right,

you don't need yellow house book or anything just the visa form,

p/p and 2 photo's,

Regards,

Chris.m.s

Immigration does not issue visas other than a 90 day non immigrant visa entry if on a visa exempt or tourist visa entry and a person can qualify for an of certain types of extensions of stay.

A 60 day extension can be issued if married to or the parent of a Thai. To apply for one to visit your wife some offices want a recent printout of the Kor Ror 2 marriage registry from a Amphoe . Also the original marriage certificate plus a copy, copies of the wife's house book registry and ID card.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

Immigration does not issue visas other than a 90 day non immigrant visa entry if on a visa exempt or tourist visa entry and a person can qualify for an of certain types of extensions of stay.

A 60 day extension can be issued if married to or the parent of a Thai. To apply for one to visit your wife some offices want a recent printout of the Kor Ror 2 marriage registry from a Amphoe . Also the original marriage certificate plus a copy, copies of the wife's house book registry and ID card.

Ok thanks that is where he will struggle he is not married and no children,he is due to start work and didn't

want a non b visa because it's tied in with the company so when his contract finishes he said his visa will be

cancelled,i don't know i've never had a non b before.

• Confused 1

4 minutes ago, chris.m.s said:

Ok thanks that is where he will struggle he is not married and no children,he is due to start work and didn't

want a non b visa because it's tied in with the company so when his contract finishes he said his visa will be

cancelled,i don't know i've never had a non b before.

A non-b visa is his only choice and then a extension of stay based upon working that goes away when the job ends.

3 hours ago, chris.m.s said:

Immigration in KK will issue Family Visit Visa's but you do need a letter from the Amphoe to say you are still married,

Also a friend is going for a non o 3 month visa i asked a visa agency in BKK what was required and they said p/p and 2 photo's that's all is that right he is going to immigration as it is cheaper

If the BKK agent is applying for a Non-O 90-Day based on Thai wife, the "only need PP + photos" means they will go to the amphoe to get the proof-of-marriage for you (the cost per printout is 20 Baht).  They may also be faking the financials for their clients.  But if one does not have immediate Thai-family, you will not qualify for this - even with agent-help. 

20 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Yes, i just did that. It starts on the 27th September and runs on for 60 days.

On 8/26/2020 at 9:23 AM, ubonjoe said:

Kor Ror 2 marriage registry from a Amphoe .

Is there any office that does it with just a foreign Marriage certificate ? Ours is certified original.

We need another document which is being shipped hopefully soon but may arrive to late to apply for Kor Ror 22 and have my visa extended. 

10 minutes ago, ndreamer said:

Is there any office that does it with just a foreign Marriage certificate ? Ours is certified original.

We need another document which is being shipped hopefully soon but may arrive to late to apply for Kor Ror 22 and have my visa extended. 

To apply for a 60 day extension a Kor Ror 22 should not be required. Your foreign marriage certificate should be enough.

To apply for a one year extension a Kor Ror 22 will be required.

6 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

To apply for a 60 day extension a Kor Ror 22 should not be required. Your foreign marriage certificate should be enough.

To apply for a one year extension a Kor Ror 22 will be required.

At any office ? Our Udon office still will not even look at our paper work. 

20 minutes ago, ndreamer said:

At any office ? Our Udon office still will not even look at our paper work. 

The Kor Ror 2 or 22 does not appear on any official list of required documents to apply for a 60 day extension.

image.png.ee0013fa9f231e426825e9b643347595.png

Source: https://www.immigration.go.th/en/?p=14714

Try explaining that you are waiting for the paperwork to register your foreign marriage at an Amphoe to get the Kor Ror 22.

14 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

The Kor Ror 2 or 22 does not appear on any official list of required documents to apply for a 60 day extension.

Try explaining that you are waiting for the paperwork to register your foreign marriage at an Amphoe to get the Kor Ror 22.

Thanks for this. I'll print them out and go try again. 

On 8/27/2020 at 9:32 AM, greggraham said:

What visa/entry/amnesty were you on before? 

I was on a non o marriage visa for 3 years but i used to go to laos to get it 

but i've been working in Vietnam for the last 3 years so i let it expire as i 

did 5 months Viet 1 month Thai so just came in on the tourist visa i am still

married so i won't make that mistake again trying to save a few baht lol,

so as i came in on the 30 day visa in january that's when the s!!t hit the fan 

so i'm on the amnesty at the moment but changing it to a 3 month non o

then a year non o hopefully.

On 8/27/2020 at 10:55 AM, ubonjoe said:

Qusetion Ubon

Question ubonjoe you said in an earlier post take my wife's i.d,well i have copy's signed by her and 

passport copy's signed by her as i'm away and won't get back till friday i have her passport is this 

good enough as it is a legal document or does it have to specifically be my wife's i.d card as a p/p 

is also i.d

7 minutes ago, chris.m.s said:

I was on a non o marriage visa for 3 years but i used to go to laos to get it 

but i've been working in Vietnam for the last 3 years so i let it expire as i 

did 5 months Viet 1 month Thai so just came in on the tourist visa i am still

married so i won't make that mistake again trying to save a few baht lol,

so as i came in on the 30 day visa in january that's when the s!!t hit the fan 

so i'm on the amnesty at the moment but changing it to a 3 month non o

then a year non o hopefully.

But if you came on a 30 day in Jan you would have expired in Feb and amnesty started March 26?

9 minutes ago, chris.m.s said:

Question ubonjoe you said in an earlier post take my wife's i.d,well i have copy's signed by her and 

passport copy's signed by her as i'm away and won't get back till friday i have her passport is this 

good enough as it is a legal document or does it have to specifically be my wife's i.d card as a p/p 

is also i.d

You wife has to be with you when you apply. That is to meet number 2 under criteria.

I am sure they will want a copy of her ID card and her house book registry.

39 minutes ago, greggraham said:

But if you came on a 30 day in Jan you would have expired in Feb and amnesty started March 26?

My mistake i did my 30 days flew back to vietnam to find out schools will sty closed only stayed for 3 days then came back to Thailand and before everything locked down did a border bounce through nong khai then 

the amnesty started so i left for 3 days and then left for 1 hour so nearly been here since jan lol

41 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

You wife has to be with you when you apply. That is to meet number 2 under criteria.

I am sure they will want a copy of her ID card and her house book registry.

i have copy's of everything i thinkm i need and her p/p blue book, yellow book photos of the house us with our daughters outside the house inside the house,but she phoned KK immigration up and they said for the 3 month visa she doesn't need to be there but she does for the 1 year visa which i can't get of the amnesty

i need the 3 month non o first then i can get the 1 year non o

9 minutes ago, chris.m.s said:

i have copy's of everything i thinkm i need and her p/p blue book, yellow book photos of the house us with our daughters outside the house inside the house,but she phoned KK immigration up and they said for the 3 month visa she doesn't need to be there but she does for the 1 year visa which i can't get of the amnesty

i need the 3 month non o first then i can get the 1 year non o

Good if they will let you apply for the 90 day non immigrant visa (category O) entry.

Here is my general list of what is need for an extension but is about the same for the visa application.Marriage Extension Requirements 2.pdf

I assume you have the 400k baht in a Thai bank.

Requirements for the visa are here. https://bangkokimmigration.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/09/06-edit_NON-O.pdf

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

Good if they will let you apply for the 90 day non immigrant visa (category O) entry.

Here is my general list of what is need for an extension but is about the same for the visa application.Marriage Extension Requirements 2.pdf

I assume you have the 400k baht in a Thai bank.

Requirements for the visa are here. https://bangkokimmigration.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/09/06-edit_NON-O.pdf

My first visa is a 3 month one which i don't need to show 400,000bht 

i have to have that to then get my 1 year visa,i can't get the 1 year 

from the amnesty immigration have told me that,but as i asked will

my wife's passport be ok or does it need to be her i.d as you can't get

a passport with out i.d and your passport number goes on your i.d 

8 minutes ago, chris.m.s said:

The 400k baht is needed but it only needs to be in the bank on the day you apply for a non immigrant visa needed to apply for the one year extension of stay (it is not a visa) at immigration.

Read the info in the link I posted.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

The 400k baht is needed but it only needs to be in the bank on the day you apply for a non immigrant visa needed to apply for the one year extension of stay (it is not a visa) at immigration.

Yes i know but i have to get a 3 month non o first then apply for a 1 year extension,for a 3 month non o 

i don't have to show 400,000bht in the bank i'll do that when i go for my 1 year,my question was if you

know will my wife's passport be ok or does it have to be her i.d card 

1 hour ago, chris.m.s said:

UJ already mentioned that you need to show evidence that the 400K has to be on your personal thai bank-account (a joint one with your wife is not accepted) at the moment of application for your 90-day Non Imm O Visa for reason of marriage.

When you make use of a Fixer Agent they can let the need for the 400K disappear (at a fee of course), but when applying yourself it is absolutely needed.

And it has then to be for at least TWO months on your bank-account never dipping under 400K when applying for the 1-year extension of stay based on that Non Imm O Visa for reason of marriage.  And it has to remain there during the 'under consideration period' (3-4 weeks) before you get the 1-year permission to stay stamp in your passport.  Once you have that stamp you can use the 400K as you please, and only need to top up again to 400K two months before the moment of application for your NEXT 1-year extension of stay application.

10 hours ago, chris.m.s said:

Yes i know but i have to get a 3 month non o first then apply for a 1 year extension,for a 3 month non o 

i don't have to show 400,000bht in the bank i'll do that when i go for my 1 year,my question was if you

know will my wife's passport be ok or does it have to be her i.d card 

As said already you do need 400k baht in the bank on the day you apply for a 90 day non immigrant visa entry. I think you might be confusing it with the 60 day extension to visit you wife.

No sure they will accept the passport instead of the her ID card. The passport has her ID number on it but not the address or expiration date shown on it. Could she send a copy (or photo of it to you).

7 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

As said already you do need 400k baht in the bank on the day you apply for a 90 day non immigrant visa entry. I think you might be confusing it with the 60 day extension to visit you wife.

No sure they will accept the passport instead of the her ID card. The passport has her ID number on it but not the address or expiration date shown on it. Could she send a copy (or photo of it to you).

I have 3 copy's of it and signed by her i just forgot to get it of her when i left,

i'm going to immigration on thursday so will find out then if not at least i still

have 3 weeks grace to sort it.

• 1 month later...
On 8/30/2020 at 7:58 PM, ubonjoe said:

Hi guys,

sorry i haven't posted before but i got my non o visa with being married to a 

Thai and i didn't have to show proof of 400,000 it is only a 3 month one,as i

said i couldn't get a 1 year off the amnesty i was on but will have to show it

when i go for the 1 year one,i had to get a upto date roi kor 2 and photo's of 

the house and all the other paperwork but they didn't ask for proof of money.

11 minutes ago, chris.m.s said:

Hi guys,

sorry i haven't posted before but i got my non o visa with being married to a 

Thai and i didn't have to show proof of 400,000 it is only a 3 month one,as i

said i couldn't get a 1 year off the amnesty i was on but will have to show it

when i go for the 1 year one,i had to get a upto date roi kor 2 and photo's of 

the house and all the other paperwork but they didn't ask for proof of money.

I am somewhat confused by your post.

Are you saying that when you applied at KhonKaen IO for the 90-day Non Imm O Visa for reason of visiting your thai wife, that you did NOT have to show any evidence of meeting the financial requirements (e.g. 400K on a personal Thai bank-account at the moment of application)?

4 hours ago, Peter Denis said:

I am somewhat confused by your post.

Are you saying that when you applied at KhonKaen IO for the 90-day Non Imm O Visa for reason of visiting your thai wife, that you did NOT have to show any evidence of meeting the financial requirements (e.g. 400K on a personal Thai bank-account at the moment of application)?

That's right Peter i didn't go for the family visit visa i applied for the Non o visa 

as i'm married to a Thai the girl at immigration phoned my wife and told her what

paperwork we required,photo's of myself and my wife outside the house next to 

the house number inside in the living room,kitchen,bedroom and 3 copy's all signed

her i.d,blue house book,yellow house book, marriage cert,new kor ror 2 not copy's 

they didn't ask for proof of 400k and i picked it up last friday.