Honda Cbr150

Crow Boy

looks great in Black, Congratz, hope she treats you well.

Canuck.... Getting around to doing my cam chain. I finally can hear what my mechanic hears. If you come to stop and let the engine idle, you will hear the cam chain slap occasionally as the engine hunts at idle. Once you hear it, it's pretty noticeable. Looks like around 1000 baht for the parts and a bit more for labor.

Thanks dog, I will have a listen to mine. That is a cheaper than I thought it would be.

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This months Motocross magazine has the suggested retail price of the CBR 150 at 75,900 baht. The 250 isn't listed. Next month for that maybe.

The 250 isn't actually listed with regards to being released in Thailand. Only as export.

Cheers chaps.

Dominic.

Edited by DomToggaf

So I'm considering putting a keihin 28 carb into my cbr, it's quite a cheap mod, as most are here in Thailand. I already have it running on an aftermarket downpipe/muffler and K&N airfilter. It's an absolute lean mean fighting machine on the streets of Bangkok after these mods alone. :D

Has anyone here put in the bigger carb?

Did it result in anyother issues, besides more power and less fuel economy?

Cheers chaps.

Dominic.

Edited by DomToggaf

This months Motocross magazine has the suggested retail price of the CBR 150 at 75,900 baht. The 250 isn't listed. Next month for that maybe.

Honda CBR250R Front - rear disc brake, alloy wheels, e-start, 250cc DOHC PGM-FI Price 100,500 Baht

Honda CBR250R ABS Front - rear C-ABS disc brake, alloy wheels, e-start, 250cc DOHC PGM-FI Price 115,500 Baht

Edited by deemon

Honda CBR250R Front - rear disc brake, alloy wheels, e-start, 250cc DOHC PGM-FI Price 100,500 Baht

Honda CBR250R ABS Front - rear C-ABS disc brake, alloy wheels, e-start, 250cc DOHC PGM-FI Price 115,500 Baht

Are these prices from a Honda dealer or from a Thai bike mag?

Are these prices from a Honda dealer or from a Thai bike mag?

They are from http://www.motorcycle.in.th/

OK, SUGGESTION

I'm going to start a new thread. It will be ONLY for mods to the CBR 150 / 250, both old and new. Things that are relatively inexpensive, such as K&N filters, changing exhaust (and what it can be changed to), etc.

For those of you who have already made mods that made a positive difference, let us know what you did. Oh, and if you made a change that DIDN'T help, let us know that as well so we don't make the same mistakes.

Title of new thread: CBR 150/250 Mods.

Dean

Edited by Just1Voice

Straight out of the box today. No need to order. Walked into the showroom with the cash and rode out less than an hour later.

Briggsy looks good, but . . .

The front indicators would not last long in the parking areas around Phuket. They seem to be at a good height to be broken off. Do they fold back or are they solidly mounted?

Wishing you many many safe kilometers on her.

The new bike is a bit strange in the looks department, the wing mirrors look like ant feelers and the front indicators look too fragile.

No I won't be upgrading, I will stay with my old model 2009. It works for me and I don't believe in changing what already works.

Ride safe all of you.

I went to look at it today, and well, it is certainly a much bigger bike with more presence, but I cannot see why somebody would buy one if there is indeed the 250 version being released in Thailand.

With the extra size and weight, you're looking at less agility in the traffic and the city - what the old cbr excells at.

Out of the city the 250 version will surely be far superior for cruising and touring and at the same size be virtually just as nimble in the traffic.

If you want a city bike, the old model is surely superior, especially with a few cheap mods.

If you want a bike for out of the city, the 250 would surely be the way to go should it be released. With it being the same size as the 150 it wouldn't lose much agility in the city.

At reckoned to be only 25k baht more.

I can't see the point in buying one tbh.

They are very nice looking bikes though, with lovely paint schemes, I'm looking forward to seeing the red one with little black decals as it looks great in the pics.

Cheers chaps.

Dominic.

Hi Dean

I made a mod to my seat. I inserted a gel pad under the seat cover. Now my b*m is a bit more comfortable.

Where is the link to your new forum?

Cheers.

OK, SUGGESTION

I'm going to start a new thread. It will be ONLY for mods to the CBR 150 / 250, both old and new. Things that are relatively inexpensive, such as K&N filters, changing exhaust (and what it can be changed to), etc.

For those of you who have already made mods that made a positive difference, let us know what you did. Oh, and if you made a change that DIDN'T help, let us know that as well so we don't make the same mistakes.

Dean

Hi Dean

I made a mod to my seat. I inserted a gel pad under the seat cover. Now my b*m is a bit more comfortable.

Where is the link to your new forum?

Cheers.

OK, SUGGESTION

Dean

Or just type CBR 150 in the search box and it's about the 3rd one down.

Ok, just took a break from painting outside to drive into Chiang Mai because my wife called me to tell her her cousin called her, and they have the 150 in "all the colors" now. Ok, took a look and here's my impressions.

1) Red / White / Blue = Unique color scheme that is definitely an attention getter.

2) Red = Looks like it's ready to go racing as soon as you start it.

3) Black - This one just looks aggressively "mean". Like the last black carburetor model on Steroids!

I like all 3, but according to my wife, since I was born on a Monday, a red bike is unlucky for me. So is a red car. Funny, I owned 3 Mustangs and 1 fully restored Mazda RX-7 (1998), and never noticed anything bad happening to me. lol.

So, if I have to choose between the red/white/blue or the black one, knowing me, I'll take the black.

BUT....not doing anything till I see the 250.

:whistling:

Here are the "other" colors. These were in Chiang Mai, posing in the (same) Honda dealer's window as if they were the 250.

I didn't have a decent camera with me, so I had to brighten them a little, which means the red may be out a bit. Fine detail's poor too, sorry. Rear seat lifts with enough storage room for a small wallet or green book.

post-98988-0-25059800-1289379035_thumb.j

post-98988-0-08227700-1289379106_thumb.j

Edited by CMX

Hello guys. Im from Singapore and have just bought a used stock 05 cbr150 last week. It is my first bike so I am still new to bikes. So far I enjoyed my ride with it. But I have some questions.

1. The bike is currently using a Dunlop tt900 wheels for front and rear. How much pressure should i pump?

2. I have just changed the piston and piston ring. How many km should I run in?

3. How many rpm do you guys usually rev before gearing up?

4. What is the normal fuel consumption for stock cbr150?

I hope i can learn more from this forum. Thank you!

Hello guys. Im from Singapore and have just bought a used stock 05 cbr150 last week. It is my first bike so I am still new to bikes. So far I enjoyed my ride with it. But I have some questions.

1. The bike is currently using a Dunlop tt900 wheels for front and rear. How much pressure should i pump?

2. I have just changed the piston and piston ring. How many km should I run in?

3. How many rpm do you guys usually rev before gearing up?

4. What is the normal fuel consumption for stock cbr150?

I hope i can learn more from this forum. Thank you!

1. I use 28 PSI front and 32 rear...but I'm undoubtably bigger than you at 100ish kg.

2. Normaly break-in is suggested 500 km if you want to follow the manufacturer's recommendations. Most of the people I ride with state you should ride it like you stole it after 50 km or so if you're planning on that being your normal style.

3. While cruising I'm usually shifting fairly early in the range; I'd say around 7500 or so (not sure because I do it by sound). When dogging the bike it's much closer to redline.

4. I get 40 km/L consistently, with sometime falling down to 37ish...

Differences between old and new 150's?

Wheels and tires bigger. Swing-arm 1cm longer. Maybe handle-bars are wider? Fuel injection...

Cosmetic changes (exhaust just cosmetic?).

Could put on bigger wheels and tires, and extend the swing-arm 1cm (my mechanic says) ;>]

Mark

My mechanic recommends just putting 6,000 baht worth of Bridgestone tires on instead...

Differences between old and new 150's?

Wheels and tires bigger. Swing-arm 1cm longer. Maybe handle-bars are wider? Fuel injection...

Cosmetic changes (exhaust just cosmetic?).

Could put on bigger wheels and tires, and extend the swing-arm 1cm (my mechanic says) ;>]

Mark

My mechanic recommends just putting 6,000 baht worth of Bridgestone tires on instead...

The direct comparison measurements are listed in a table I think in the250 thread. All measurements are different between old and new.

A couple of other points you missed are a bigger tank by 3L and go further per litre. Wider front fairing and larger screen, better lights (we all hope) Larger wider seat. Smaller storage under seat.. Oh....and 13000B more expensive blink.gif But worth every Baht more too.

And ur mechanic is right about the bridgestones.

You forgot fuel injection and a counterbalanced engine for less vibration.

Canuck, Does the new CBR150 have a different engine than the old one? It sure looked the same to me except for the carb area.

I will try to find the link, but I am quite sure I read here in one of the now multiple threads, that the 150 is now counterbalanced, but it is possible there is confusion with the 250. Maybe someone else can confirm?

Canuck.... Getting around to doing my cam chain. I finally can hear what my mechanic hears. If you come to stop and let the engine idle, you will hear the cam chain slap occasionally as the engine hunts at idle. Once you hear it, it's pretty noticeable. Looks like around 1000 baht for the parts and a bit more for labor.

Thanks dog, I will have a listen to mine. That is a cheaper than I thought it would be.

Got it done today. Six hours, 1562 baht total to replace the chain and the tensioner. The guides and sprockets were fine. Took it for a run up Doi Suthep and the engine sure is quiet now. Headed north tomorrow on a shorty and then a long ride after Thanksgiving. Nat Motor on Huay Gaew Road sure does great work in my book.

Got it done today. Six hours, 1562 baht total to replace the chain and the tensioner. The guides and sprockets were fine. Took it for a run up Doi Suthep and the engine sure is quiet now. Headed north tomorrow on a shorty and then a long ride after Thanksgiving. Nat Motor on Huay Gaew Road sure does great work in my book.

where is the new cbr 150 available in bangkok? looking to buy.

Most Honda bike dealers will have it.

There's one next to Saphan Kwai BTS, and one next to Ari BTS. I've seen the tri-colour in both.

Although if you're looking for a city bike, the older version with 6-8k of mods is probably a better bet. It'll be lighter, nippier, and faster. And easier to drive through the traffic. Faster off the mark, as well as having a higher top-end.

Cheers chaps.

Dominic.

Edited by DomToggaf

Most Honda bike dealers will have it.

There's one next to Saphan Kwai BTS, and one next to Ari BTS. I've seen the tri-colour in both.

Although if you're looking for a city bike, the older version with 6-8k of mods is probably a better bet. It'll be lighter, nippier, and faster. And easier to drive through the traffic. Faster off the mark, as well as having a higher top-end.

Cheers chaps.

Dominic.

And you KNOW all this how????. do you have old and new?. or just speculation!

And you KNOW all this how????.

Basic knowledge and common sense I'm afraid.

Here's a previous model with some basic mods doing a shown 180kph.

which would be 20kph faster than what the newer version is said to get to. and bikes rarely (never?) get to their publicised top speed. (Has anyone here gotten a stock 150 to 160kph?

Cheers chaps.

Dominic.