Four out of five Thais want country opened up/Indians raring up for Thailand again, says survey

webfact

6 hours ago, AlfHuy said:

was it not last week, that 98% (or something like that) of thais want foreigners out of the country.

My thoughts exactly. How can we rely on any of these polls? Polls usually result in the result that those paying for the polls want, but I have never seen anything be a complete reversal like this. The sample may have been taken with bar girls and hotel workers.

• Like 1

I was doing some work in India and Pakistan last year. I was amazed by the number of folk I was working with, who routinely travel to Thailand for medical checks and treatments. Now I know visiting for medical treatment allows you into the country now, but, with boarders closures and restrictions removed this would open the floodgates to these types of visitors once again. Perhaps this is one influence on the results.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, AlfHuy said:

was it not last week, that 98% (or something like that) of thais want foreigners out of the country.

That was a total BS, army sponsored propaganda stunt. We have to be able to see through those army led lies and bald faced attempts at racism and hatred. 

Of course the people want tourism. Few know people who are not suffering from a lack of income. We are talking about a fifth of the nation's economy. Meanwhile, the army does NOTHING to ease the burden on the people. 

Prayuth, Pipat, and Co. Do something!

Man up. Fight the timidity. You are men, right? Face your fear.

Doing nothing makes you cruel, heartless, incompetent and downright sadistic. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, AlfHuy said:

If you ask me, they don't frigging know what they want! They change their opinions (and plans), more often than I change my boxer shorts! 

I'd love to know what proportion of those surveyed would prefer tourists to simply transfer their holiday money and stay at home to actually coming here and spending it themselves/on themselves. 

• Like 1

That airways now wants to have 2 charter flights a month starting late November from Denmark, Germany, the United Kingdom, South Korea, Japan and Hong Kong.

That could bring around 3600 tourists a month. A huge increase....

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, tifino said:

considering how low scale the tourist sector is now... it works out well that they can still rustle up enough 'staff', to let at least 4 indians share the one girlie

After they've finished sharing the one, small bottle of Coca Cola, that is. 

• Like 1

Coronavirus news – live: UK and US in talks over ‘air bridge’, as India reports record daily jump in cases

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/coronavirus-news-live-uk-us-054447559.html

Meanwhile, India has reported another single-day record of new coronavirus cases, reporting 75,760 new confirmed infections in the past 24 hours. The Health Ministry on Thursday also recorded 1,023 deaths in the past 24 hours, taking total fatalities up to 60,472.

13 hours ago, AlfHuy said:

Obviously whoever was paying for the survey asked for different results;-)

12 hours ago, rak sa_ngop said:

Just read this morning that 10% of returnees from India are testing positive for Covid-19 in quarantine. I believe the figures for returnees from other countries are far lower. Cant see Indians being welcomed for a while.

Totally agree, India is being ravaged by covid-19, and news state it will overtake the USA with the death toll

On 8/27/2020 at 2:56 PM, bodga said:

They should  just do the Japanese way and sit  on the fence until one side  looks  like it  might win, path of laziness least resistance.

So that explains Thailands backflios during WW2