THAI ready to fly in tourists from 6 nations, even China

webfact

17 hours ago, Sharp said:
Wet6RQxI_x96.jpg

Emirates announces the resumption of passenger services to Thailand with daily flights to Bangkok starting from 1 September. https://bit.ly/3b0zeBB #FlyEmiratesFlyBetter #Above_The_Clouds

The flights might be empty as the usual restrictions for entry to Thailand exist until at least the end of September. Might be useful for transit to other countries.

17 hours ago, Sharp said:
Wet6RQxI_x96.jpg

Emirates announces the resumption of passenger services to Thailand with daily flights to Bangkok starting from 1 September. https://bit.ly/3b0zeBB #FlyEmiratesFlyBetter #Above_The_Clouds

I heard about EK resuming 1/sept.

Would all the passengers have to go into ASQ?

and obtain CoE etc?

16 minutes ago, CANSIAM said:

Bankrupt Airline, no money for maintenance, don't get on the plane.......

I saw a 747 sitting on the tarmac Wednesday going past. It's colours looked very faded. Most planes get stored in the desert where the air is dry, a bit unlike BKK in the rainy season.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, webfact said:

Thai Airways International Plc is ready to arrange special direct charter flights from six countries to Phuket under the government’s plan to revive the subdued tourism sector,

Hope they have a bottomless pit of money they will need it . that is before there very sort stay in PHUKET .

• Like 1

I think if they can afford it ii will allow people who are not on the current list of being able to return can under the guise of a Tourist.
If in the U.K. Thailand has to realise that not all Tourists live in the London area so travelling there will put additional costs on a very expensive holiday.

14 hours ago, leicesterguyuk said:

<snip>

Maybe Emirates are hoping lots of people are ignorant of the current rules and book, giving them some sort of cash boost. 

That is of course possible, but I find it odd from a company who dealt so efficiently with my cancelled ticket back in March - I still have an effective open Business Class ticket BKK - LGW. Whenever I can return to Thailand (???) I can use that - I think it's good until March 2022, so shall talk to Emirates long before then to assess my options.

Looking at what Emirates and Dubai airport have done recently, (check their respective websites) they do appear to be amongst the best in the world in coping with this CV disaster.

And yes, I'm an unashamed fan of Emirates based purely on my experiences with them vis-a-vis service and VFM. As a former member of Thai Air's loyalty scheme, Star Alliance I believe it is, I would say the opposite about them, also based on experience.

Edited by VBF

4 hours ago, mjakob007 said:

I heard about EK resuming 1/sept.

Would all the passengers have to go into ASQ?

and obtain CoE etc?

Of course - which airline one arrives on has absolutely no bearing on that. Why would you think otherwise? ????

On 8/27/2020 at 11:30 AM, Fex Bluse said:

Haven't heard from the expats who claim "tourism in only less than 10% of Thai GDP" in quite some time. Wonder where they have gone..

I suspect the Thais have for the first time maybe in their history been forced to understand and accept how reliant they are on dirty nasty foreigners. It's lovely. 

You confuse tourism and foreign tourists. Either way it is less than 17%.

I can't be bothered to explain Value Added versus Turnover once more.

Or % "of" versus % "compared to".

Just for laughs: The World Bank says that imports are 50% of GDP......

• Haha 1

On 8/27/2020 at 10:36 AM, ezzra said:

It was said that tourists will have to come for no less than 30 days, 14 of which will spend in a quarantine and undergoing 2-3 corona tests and aren't allowed to venture outside the designated holiday spot there were assigned to, now who wouldn't want a holiday such is this? put me on the list please...

Is it not more easy just sending the money they are after?

Edited by Captor