What stresses you in Thailand?

I get stressed every year when time to extend my stay comes around again. I've been fearful ever since Purachai was Minister of the Interior (first Thaksin government) that they'll change the rules again. I've been doing this for 38 years now and have never had a problem, but Purachai was xenophobic, and also head of the "church wing" of the Phalang Tham Party (no longer in existence), so he was representative of a lot of conservative, monarchist Thais. Aside from that, nothing worries me. "Whatever will happen will happen."

Lots of idiots on the streets is the only problem that stresses me almost every day.

I don't like screaming kids and mostly I can avoid them.

Otherwise I have a relative peaceful life, even in the middle of Bangkok. Because I try not to get stressed about this or that. Don't worry, be happy!

• Like 1

some stress is good for you.  you can move, speak out (can be dangerous), and simply rationalize it in your brain.  the protesters in America aren't stressed, they are acting.  maybe burning and shooting stuff isn't good, but they aren't stressed....they are in their own war.  IF there is stress, i think it comes after.  maybe i'm wrong but these rioters aren't forced to riot like a soldier can be forced to be in harm's way. 

i don't have stress....i have plans.   those plans certainly involve emotions, and some can be negative....but i don't call that stress.  

the last time i had stress was when a dog charged me, showing his teeth.  but that was over in a minute and i'm not sure that was stress.  didn't make me worried over the next dog.  maybe better prepared.

so then i have to go back years and years and worry the airline would lose my luggage.  i guess that can be stress.  

stress......i can't cope with something.    lol.   we can cope with anything.  i'm lost.  

Edited by Ventenio

Stupid noise everywhere at any time for any reasons! It is just F loud no matter what it is where it is, even the school here, start in the morning with loud music, and even Im 500m away, it is still annoying. The same with the village chiefs, and we are in the middle of two villages, and as two temples, and both of them is more than 500m, we still hear them very well. Weddings, funerals, or any other parties, jeezzz, 

and it goes on for days up to a week, or at least 6 days. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

When I first started living here, little things like people cutting in front in traffic really stressed me out and I used to honk my car horn. But i learned to chill and now I have a different attitude; I let people merge etc. So different mindset. 
The motorbikes though, NEVER get used to them - they just swarm like mosquitoes and almost always LOUD! I hate being stuck in traffic and they just roar past - really annoys me. Very stressful. 

• Like 1

after living there i decided i didnt want to live there.....so lets face facts....if you havent fallen head over heels for someone there its pure and simple a place to have a cheap holiday....and after a few Thai gfs.,....well why would you even bother? might be best to stay single and save yourself a heep of <deleted>////

• Like 1

The continuing lack of leadership of the army. 

The brutality of the heat. The continuing (relative) lack of rain. 

Nutjobs on the highway. 

Having to choose between yum woon sen, or just yum pla mug. Or penang or massaman curry. Tough choices. 

My life here is 100 times less stressful than back in the US, the new Zombieland. 

20 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

The continuing lack of leadership of the army. 

The brutality of the heat. The continuing (relative) lack of rain. 

Nutjobs on the highway. 

Having to choose between yum woon sen, or just yum pla mug. Or penang or massaman curry. Tough choices. 

My life here is 100 times less stressful than back in the US, the new Zombieland. 

What about cheap wine you like a lot?

15 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

Wow. Alot of thought went into that reply. I find bottles between 1000 and 1500 baht here, which are decent. OK, for an occasional wine fix. I drink very little wine here, as it is grotesquely over priced. 

I buy in Australia a 5 liter box for about 320 baht not the best but drinkable.