What stresses you in Thailand?

21 hours ago, Dmaxdan said:

A few months ago the thought of a major Covid 19 outbreak in Thailand stressed me out. Now I'm worried that I'm no longer taking it seriously enough. I just can't win! 

..you should fit right in here then.  ????

20 hours ago, ShindenGo said:

Honestly I’m worried about the US. Imagine when Joe Biden wins how will the Republicans react?? You will see cities destroyed, minority businesses destroyed, livelihoods destroyed, burning cars, people walking around with guns and killing people. This is scary and I wish I could go back to pick up my family and head over to our cabin in Colorado. Trump supporters are terrifying. They’ll destroy this country for their own selfish desire for power.

This is why we need to elect Joe Biden. He has a politician for nearly half a century. He knows America’s weaknesses and our strengths. We need Joe and Kamala to heal the racial divisions that Trump and his supporters have caused. We need Joe to end the racial strife and unprecedented violence of blacks at the hands of whites. We need Joe to end the violence of LatinX at the hands of whites. Only through Joe, The Light Bearer, can he navigate through the darkness that has befallen America. Please vote for Joe Biden. Please vote for Democrats. 

Didn't get your meds today ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The major cause of my stress in Thailand ( when I am stressed ) is the ability of every Thai, no exceptions, to know more about anything and everything than I do. ( they should all be named Google )

These people in general try to belittle, and patronise me about absolutely everything.

And all of the patronising is done with an air of " we are Thai and thats the way we do it ", and plain arrogance.

It really is an attitude that I greatly dislike. Non of us know everything, and to be patronised by some Somchai who had an idea to start a business when he arrived in Pattaya from the boonies, where he left the Old folk looking after the Paddi, really gauls me.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, villageidiotY2K said:

Hello folks, I'm curious to what stuff in thai that triggers your stress. 

For me listed up below as just came up to me mind. 

Hope to hear yous rant as well... 

1. Slow drivers on the fast lane

- no stress here, there is no 'fast lane' - but general stupid incompetence (like turning right and driving into your face because they're lazy to cross your lane before turning).

2. My car getting Scratched. I though who cause this vandalism was for high school drop outs or money short college kids back home. Here, seems happening with adults. 

Probably people who know you ???? Never happened to me.

3. Going to expensive  poor quality packed restaurants with family and friends. 

Who's stupid enough to go to expensive poor quality packed restaurants? My family and friends always choose good ones - why don't you choose?

4. Screaming kids and adult neighbors

Lol yes, I hate Thai kids.

5. 2nd hand smoke, although I do smoke

ROFL - I haven't come across smoke for several years, and took up vaping 2 years ago, so no sympathy there. Not even sure where you'd go to find smoke these days...

6. Ppl making big money on YouTube 

I hate the spammy channels and gaming channels my son watches - Roblox played by screaming singaporean girls...

7. <deleted> up video ad on Thai visa forum... 

Never saw any video ads on Thai Visa forums. Maybe you're a big of a browser noob.

What's yours mate?? 

Mine would be whinging Ozzies ????

Not being able to shop on Amazon is very stressful for me.

Lazada is the poor man's sister's poor cousin. That's one of the big drawbacks of living in Thailand, no Amazon.

The air doesn't smell good. Dogs lose and out of control. Reckless driving. Thai rappers. That's all annoying. But no Amazon is a real quality of life negative.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Cake Monster said:

The major cause of my stress in Thailand ( when I am stressed ) is the ability of every Thai, no exceptions, to know more about anything and everything than I do. ( they should all be named Google )

These people in general try to belittle, and patronise me about absolutely everything.

And all of the patronising is done with an air of " we are Thai and thats the way we do it ", and plain arrogance.

It really is an attitude that I greatly dislike. Non of us know everything, and to be patronised by some Somchai who had an idea to start a business when he arrived in Pattaya from the boonies, where he left the Old folk looking after the Paddi, really gauls me.

Funnily enough I know someone named Google, 7 years old. His cousin is called facebook and we also have pizza and hamburger the twins on our road. We did have a kid called iphone but hes back in CM. Always something to laugh at to relieve the stress ???? I did suggest, visiting one new mum she called the baby you tube, that was 'crazy' though so she ended up calling him Samsung.

Edited by Orton Rd
  • Haha 1