Ubc Help

engrin

Is it possible to connect 2 TVs to 1 UBC decoder and watch separate channels?

My friend purchased a new UBC decoder today and the staff at the local UBC office said it was possible. My friend is French with little English and the staff are Thai so I am sure there was some info lost in translation.

I went over to have a look at his instruction manual and there is nothing in there about having 2 TVs hooked up to 1 decoder. My friend raised a good point, why is it that in hospitals or hotels they only have 1 satellite dish but they have several TVs that can watch separate channels... ?

Call UBC and ask for a UBC "chang" (=serviceman) to come to your place in order to repair/make adjustments to your decoder or antenna. When he's arrived, have a Thai person (girlfriend, whatever) request "help" to run a second cable to the other TV. The "help" will be cheap, but bear in mind that both TV's will be viewing the same channel at the same time.

1 antenna is fine but to watch separate channels you'll need a second receiver. I investigated this a while ago with UBC and it wasn't cheap.

If memory serves it was going to be 7000 baht for the additional box installation and 500 baht per month rental. I could be way off with these figures as my wife dealt with it, but I recall it was pricey.

Try checking with UBC direct, they do run offers from time to time.. Good luck.

You can get a 'link' box which enable two Tv's to tune to the same programme. The box can either be purchased or rented from UBC

You can purchase or rent a second decoder box from ubc which will enable you to have two TV's tuned to different channels.

There is no increase in the subscription charges, for 2 decoder boxes, but if you want more than two boxes, you will have to pay for an additional subscription.

Sometimes the ubc engineers will do 'deals on the side'. Many subscribers - including me- don't always know whether their configuration is legal or illegal.

TIT - get someone to chat to the chang.

I've got two different channels running in my house (bedroom + office and the other's in the living room).

I think that it's only an additional 488 baht a month or something like that. Well worth it when the football's on and the Mrs. wants to watch something else. You can make a one off payment of 4000 baht (or something like that) to watch the same channel in two different rooms.