‘Phuket Model’ still in process, ‘may take time’

rooster59

1 hour ago, rooster59 said:

Deputy government spokeswoman Traisuree Taisaranakul

Today it´s Traisuree Taisaranakul. Before it was Traisulee Traisoranakul.

To get that right, it´s as simple as asking her about her own spelling in the ABC alphabet.

That bad research should tell us all that we can not trust the news. If they have such problems in getting a name right, then there must be even worse with the sometimes complicated news.

• Sad 1

8 minutes ago, madmitch said:

I can be pedantic at times but..............

You missed it. I was not pointing the focus at the small spelling mistake. The focus was on the big picture regarding the news in it´s whole. Just take another coffee and you will get it. ????

4 hours ago, rooster59 said:

‘Phuket Model’ still in process, ‘may take time’

I didn't know Traisuree Taisaranakul was a model in Phuket?

4 hours ago, rooster59 said:

open the floodgates for foreign tourists to enter the country and spark an outbreak of COVID-19

Wearing my Nostradmus hat:

An outbreak of covid - blame the foreigners

No outbreak of covid - the government are doing a great job preventing it.

Next question? 5, 17, 28, 42 for next month's lottery.

• Like 2

“There will be a lot more steps to be approved, in order to ensure that a second wave of COVID-19 will not happen,” she said.

I can confirm that, as we are still waiting for the first wave...

Edited by Peter Denis
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, rooster59 said:

Speaking at a press conference at Government House today, Ms Traisuree explained very clearly that the "Phuket Model" for allowing tourists to enter the country was still under consideration.

Can you explain why we are seeing large numbers of "New Tourists" from S'Korea wandering about Pattaya right now !!!!!!!!!

seemingly no quarantine or anything else freely wandering about the streets 

someone is telling lies 

The small print yesterday said they hoped the flights would start in November yet Thais were cancelling bookings for October. It was a PR disaster for Phuket. In any event who wants to spend 2 weeks in expensive quarantine prison before starting their holidays. 

6 hours ago, rooster59 said:

Speaking at a press conference at Government House today, Ms Traisuree explained very clearly that the "Phuket Model" for allowing tourists to enter the country was still under consideration.

While T.A.T keep making false promises that it's going to open soon.

2 hours ago, Stocky said:

The "Phuket Model" is the Alcatraz holiday option I presume!?

This floating living platform, built off the coast of Phuket by an American man and his Thai wife, will be removed within one week, says the Third Navy Area commander. (Supplied photo via Achadtaya Chuenniran)

Meanwhile technology is being developed to prevent the second wave.  Discussions are taking place as to how to facilitate the 1000m roving area.

• Haha 1

“Importantly, the tourists must come from the countries that have low risk of COVID-19,” Ms Traisuree said.

Whats the point on this if tourists have to test negative prior departure, after landing, quarantine 14 days + 7 and test 2 more time negative before being allowed to travel to other regions? Ah... I forgot the bracelet

• Like 1

On 8/29/2020 at 1:46 PM, losername said:

This floating living platform, built off the coast of Phuket by an American man and his Thai wife, will be removed within one week, says the Third Navy Area commander. (Supplied photo via Achadtaya Chuenniran)

Meanwhile technology is being developed to prevent the second wave.  Discussions are taking place as to how to facilitate the 1000m roving area.

There was something similar to this some years ago. A farang built this here in the sea of Thailand. But the Thai government was not amused...

‘may take time’

Yes, until they realize that there is no interest or demand for this attempt. More mulling to follow in coming weeks.

For heaven's sake! These people have been sitting twiddling their thumbs for 5 months, and getting paid in full. They had more than enough time to look at different tourism scenarios and work out the details.  

If the feared 2nd wave is anything like the 1st wave, it's going to be very difficult to actually determine either that it is real or whether it has arrived at all. All that uncertainty is going to be manna from heaven for the keep Thailand closed brigade. 

• Thanks 1

On 8/29/2020 at 1:21 AM, Matzzon said:

Today it´s Traisuree Taisaranakul. Before it was Traisulee Traisoranakul.

To get that right, it´s as simple as asking her about her own spelling in the ABC alphabet.

That bad research should tell us all that we can not trust the news. If they have such problems in getting a name right, then there must be even worse with the sometimes complicated news.

I like a girl who can move her r's.

• Haha 1