This place is becoming like a ghost town

CorpusChristie

Got overcharged again tonight , had two beers , got charged for three .

Didnt cause a fuss , just paid and 69 Baht means more to them  than it does to me 

They laughed and smiled to me as a I paid , Its OK , I will be going somewhere next time 

Just couldnt be bothered arguing about one beer 

On 10/7/2020 at 10:55 AM, Dalewhatdale said:

You'll still be alive to get another job.

No such opportunity if you're dead, or have serious long-term consequences from COVID.

Stop with the F hysteria! Very few have that, my friend. I am in no way a conspiracist and abhor the 'new world' tripe, but please give it a rest. This thing can be a twaaat but it is not going to hit most of us permanently just like flu doesn't. Time to move on!

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, CorpusChristie said:

Didnt cause a fuss , just paid and 69 Baht means more to them  than it does to me 

They laughed and smiled to me as a I paid , Its OK , I will be going somewhere next time 

Should have laid a 10 baht tip that is the way to play it. :wink:

23 hours ago, CorpusChristie said:

Are you mentally stable ?

Read it again...said the BiB aka boys in brown aka thai cops aka police....in thailand--they said this.....

The real question at hand is YOUR mental stability.....I now see why you wander the street alone.....

I think the time to mute you is close at hand, similar to Maga followers, some people just cant be reached...

• Like 1

23 hours ago, CorpusChristie said:

Karma ????

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, ChakaKhan said:

To call out your BS observations, or as Maga likes to say Fake News.. ????

Yeah thats right, two guys who haven't been in Thailand for eight months are telling me my observations and photos are incorrect .

Myself walking around empty streets with closed shops and guys ten thousand miles away are telling me that I am wrong about the streets being empty and shops being closed 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, teacherclaire said:

Now seems to be the time when the ones with some savings have to give up their businesses.

We were expecting way more closures in the next weeks. Where are the wealthy Chinese tourists in their Lear jets? 

That's more a  Fata Morgana... it's time for the very new normal. 

Not for foreigners.jpg

On 10/25/2020 at 1:52 AM, ChakaKhan said:

Sidenote to Britman, save me a seat, inside, to avoid the vol cm police guy, who was last seen "hanging" out outside the establishment "taking photos" of said students, lurking in the shadows......official business I guess

That is the second time that you've asked him out on a date and he hasn't replied again .

I don't think that  hes interested in going out with you 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, CorpusChristie said:

Yeah thats right, two guys who haven't been in Thailand for eight months are telling me my observations and photos are incorrect .

Myself walking around empty streets with closed shops and guys ten thousand miles away are telling me that I am wrong about the streets being empty and shops being closed 

correct, they are incorrect.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, CorpusChristie said:

That is the second time that you've asked him out on a date and he hasn't replied again .

I don't think that  hes interested in going out with you 

Feel free to copy n paste where I asked him out on a date. I did comment on hanging out at a bar and having a beer. So in your logic if any 2 men are in a bar, having a drink, they are on a DATE????...But if 2 women are there then they are "hookers" as you have been railing on about that, as you leer and lust from the shadows taking pics

Your creepy concern about my personal life, other posters,  and hookers, makes me think you are a stalker.

Even to take claim to a persons mental status and treatment where they have been taken for observation, as you accused me of lusting after her as well, when all I did was inquire about having a drink of her choice, the same accusation you have made again. Are you not aware that people do meet friends to be social in this setting,or perhaps you think its socially acceptable to wander around solo in the darkness taking pics of people?..hmm

I wonder should anyone ever enter your room by choice they will find 1000's of pics of them taped to the walls...

but of course you are the moral one that respects others...even though Im not seeing much of that.... ????

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, ChakaKhan said:

Feel free to copy n paste where I asked him out on a date. I did comment on hanging out at a bar and having a beer. So in your logic if any 2 men are in a bar, having a drink, they are on a DATE????...But if 2 women are there then they are "hookers" as you have been railing on about that, as you leer and lust from the shadows taking pics

I've traveled all over SEA to have drinks with pals, some of whom I had met via ThaiVisa.

Hua Hin, Chiang Mai, Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, Saigon, Manila, Barretto

There were always local women to play with, no need to have sex with my pals.

We always had a great time.

Sadly COVID cut short my last meet (March in Siem Reap), and completely cancelled the one after (April in Phnom Penh).

Happy to have a beer with Chaka ........ if you ever manage to return.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, BritManToo said:

I've traveled all over SEA to have drinks with pals, some of whom I had met via ThaiVisa.

Hua Hin, Chiang Mai, Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, Saigon, Manila, Barretto

There were always local women to play with, no need to have sex with my pals.

We always had a great time.

Sadly COVID cut short my last meet (March in Siem Reap), and completely cancelled the one after (April in Phnom Penh).

Happy to have a beer with Chaka ........ if you ever manage to return.

Have you ever had a beer with Duncan?

Edited by Olmate

2 hours ago, Trujillo said:

Interestingly, when the Sunday Chiang Mai walking street re-opened, there were few people, but probably 30% foreigners. 

Fast forward to last Sunday and the walking street was quite full of Thais. The number of foreigners seems to have dropped too (not just the percentage). 

It made me think that as soon as the country was locked down, merchants here should have immediately shifted -- as much a possible -- to catering to Thais only. It's not too late for businesses to try to adapt since it is highly unlikely we (or the giant thinkers in Bangkok) will find a way out of this any time soon. 

I should add that some places would have to totally re-think their entire operations as, like the Night Bazaar, is a 100% tourist trap area. To say that the Night Bazaar is dead would be a misnomer -- the Night Bazaar no longer exists. The area was so exclusively centered on foreign tourists that there is no place for it to pivot. But there are areas hard hit by the lack of foreign tourists that could -- and must for survival -- shift totally (at least for now) to becoming totally "Thai-centric." 

I lived in Lamphun, a farang devoid area, and if that's what you want for C M I think not many will agree. I refer to the new area where the workers live, not the old city, which is nicer than the C M old city.

51 minutes ago, Olmate said:

Have you ever had a beer with Duncan?

I love to have a beer with Duncan
I love to have a beer with Dunc.
We drink in moderation
And we never ever ever get rollin' drunk
We drink at the Town and Country
Where the atmosphere is great
I love to have a beer with Duncan
'Cause Duncan's me mate, yeah

Edited by thaibeachlovers
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, CorpusChristie said:

What is incorrect about the photos ?

I suggest you do not go down that road!

But if you insist I wonder which of your many inaccurate photos, some deleted by Mods,  TV followers will start commenting on and reminding you about. 

9 minutes ago, fangless said:

I suggest you do not go down that road!

But if you insist I wonder which of your many inaccurate photos, some deleted by Mods,  TV followers will start commenting on and reminding you about. 

If you claim that my photos are incorrect , then you need to state why . 

I am still waiting for you to post the photos of the 15 shops down that road that you claimed were open , you lied about that .

So, which one of my photos was inaccurate , please repost it and state why you feels it was inaccurate 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1