Minimum stay in Thailand required?

Does the Elite card require that holders stay a minimum amount of time in Thailand?  If I apply for an Elite card could I for example spend 9 months abroad then two weeks in Thailand and then go abroad again for the rest of the year.  Of course, it might not be economic but I am interested in the restrictions.  It says that if one stays longer than 90 days the 90 day reporting is required but I have found nothing else.

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, BritTim said:

There is no minimum. If you wanted, you could spend two days over the five year membership period in Thailand without in any way invalidating your membership. Few, of course, would do so.

With all due respect, and may be I am ignorant of your reasons, but if you only want to spend few weeks, or days, in Thailand, why do you need an Elite membership. What advantages do you enjoy, apart from the luxuries of an easy passage at entry and free golf. Would it not be cheaper to fly business/first, and pay for the other luxuries, than pay for the Elite membership?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, abrahamzvi said:

With all due respect, and may be I am ignorant of your reasons, but if you only want to spend few weeks, or days, in Thailand, why do you need an Elite membership. What advantages do you enjoy, apart from the luxuries of an easy passage at entry and free golf. Would it not be cheaper to fly business/first, and pay for the other luxuries, than pay for the Elite membership?

There is no reason for most to get a Thailand Elite membership unless they are spending long periods in Thailand. There could be rare exceptions with the nationals of some countries that find it difficult to get serial visas for visits to Thailand. If they are seriously wealthy, they may consider the investment worthwhile for easy entry to Thailand for a few short trips a year.

You want to pay 500k for an Elite Visa Card, and only stay a few weeks at the time? That's just a waste of money. With a tourist visa you get 60 days + another 30 if you extend it for a very low cost. Ok, you might have to wait until they open up the borders. 

4 minutes ago, Max69xl said:

You want to pay 500k for an Elite Visa Card, and only stay a few weeks at the time? That's just a waste of money. With a tourist visa you get 60 days + another 30 if you extend it for a very low cost. Ok, you might have to wait until they open up the borders. 

In most cases, you are of course correct. However, you might want to look at what a Ghanaian citizen needs to do to get a tourist visa. It is easy to assume that everyone else is in the same position as oneself.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, abrahamzvi said:

Elite is regarded a bad idea by most..

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Max69xl said:

Thank you.  My consideration are based on timings rather than total time spent over five years and the possibility of gaining entry in the near term.  If one is allocated a seat on a flight into Thailand, say as a spouse, would one be allowed in on a tourist visa?

26 minutes ago, thaibook said:

If one is allocated a seat on a flight into Thailand, say as a spouse, would one be allowed in on a tourist visa?

As it is today, no one can enter Thailand on a tourist visa. The only way in that case would be jumping trough all the things to get a Non-O.