Thai Airways eyes expansion into food business

webfact

Airline food outside First and Business class generally only gets eaten because it's a long flight and there's no FoodPanda available. Bringing that food to ground level could face some stiff competition from places that actually make food edible. I just can't wait to see their wonderful bread-lookalike buns available at local 7-11...

Actually wonder if they'll bring their vegetarian offering to convenience stores. As for some menus it's already there. Chose fruit platter on TG from HKG to BKK and got 2 bananas... Wonder how TG bananas would compete with Dole bananas...

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Grumpy John said:

I  commented it would be great if there was a 7/11 on board. 

If there was you'd get the smell of those hot dogs on the grill permeating the plane, just like in the stores.  Turns my stomach.  Terrible when you have to wait on line at the counter and stand right near the thing.

Will this economy class food or Business /First class catering??

If it is business/first catering, who will prepare the dish in a 7/11??

If it is economy I thought , this was already sold in 7/11 stores, my bad

• Haha 1

they RAN their main business into the ground

so they probably will do even worse in a business model that seeks profits...

those 100.000 meals, people had the choice of NOT eating or eating what you paid for, on a plane, big difference if you want to make something people actually want to eat & pay for

2 hours ago, Kadilo said:

“We can offer you only the chicken curry sir as compensation,  the beef is finished”

Perhaps similar to taking a business class evening flight, after take off they start to serve drinks, I'm the first passenger they serve.

I ask for a gin and tonic. Response: 'Gin and tonic finished today, what beer do you want'. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Grumpy John said:

The wife and I flew to Australia on Thai a few years ago and I  commented that this was the best airline food I had ever eaten.  On the return leg the food was terrible and neither of us could eat it. I  commented it would be great if there was a 7/11 on board.  Well I  guess it could be considered ironic that the 2 are working together now! 

You do of course realize that on the outbound leg to OZ the food was prepared in Thailand and the inbound leg to Thailand the food was prepared in OZ!

????

• Like 1