3 Month Proof of 800,000 following Retirement Extension

I am scheduled to report to Immigration tomorrow, September 1st to show proof of maintaining 800,000 balance following my retirement extension.  Can someone tell me what I need to do prior to reporting to Immigration?  I think I had heard that you need to make a transaction, deposit/withdrawal and update your bank book prior and I assume that they will need photocopies of some pages as they tend to be photocopy crazy at Immigration.  

Also, I renewed my Retirement Extension on June 5th, but my scheduled report date to Immigration is September 1st, less than 90 days/3 months.  Will I be able to begin withdrawal below 800,000 after my Immigration visit or do I need to wait almost another week to insure that I have completed a full 3 months?

Thanks

Edited by PattayaDavid

You can’t do it earlier than the date given. Just update book and photocopy as you say. I think they also want copies of your passport bio page and Last extension, plus the piece of paper they may have given you when you collected your extension. At Jomtien it takes like 5 minutes or less.

Point of note,  if you have Thb 800 k exactly in the account you might want to keep a couple of thousand more in there to cover any annual bank fees the bank might levy, and thus inadvertently bring you down below the required minimums.

• Like 1

I didn't get any schedule during my last extension to proof 800K after 3 month. Does anybody know if it is obligatory to proof this after 3 month? Last year I got a schedule and I went there (Soi 5). They checked my balance but I didn't get any receipt that I fulfilled my obligations. Of cause I kept this amount on my account this year too but what happen if I will show it next year with my next extension?

4 minutes ago, andre47 said:

I didn't get any schedule during my last extension to proof 800K after 3 month. Does anybody know if it is obligatory to proof this after 3 month? Last year I got a schedule and I went there (Soi 5). They checked my balance but I didn't get any receipt that I fulfilled my obligations. Of cause I kept this amount on my account this year too but what happen if I will show it next year with my next extension?

My understanding is it's a requirement with the caveat no two immigration offices appear to work under the same rules. If it were me, I'd make a visit to my office and ask them. Get the name of the attendant or officer you speak to and write it down for future reference.

3 hours ago, andre47 said:

Only some Imm offices do these interim checks.

Mine -- and I think most - just checks when you make your next extension.

As long as you have maintained the required balance there should not be a problem at your next extension. These interim "checks" are nto an official Imm requirement, just something some offices choose to do.

3 hours ago, grobec said:

what are the consequences if one does fall below the 800 or 400 later?

You will most likely be denied your next extension if doing a self-application.  However, if you live in an area wth lots of expats, an agent will be able to get the extension for you.

6 hours ago, Jaxxper said:

You can’t do it earlier than the date given. Just update book and photocopy as you say. I think they also want copies of your passport bio page and Last extension, plus the piece of paper they may have given you when you collected your extension. At Jomtien it takes like 5 minutes or less.

Point of note,  if you have Thb 800 k exactly in the account you might want to keep a couple of thousand more in there to cover any annual bank fees the bank might levy, and thus inadvertently bring you down below the required minimums.

It takes 20 seconds at desk 8 at Jomtien Immigration if you have the correct copies. What you need is on the piece of paper you get when you apply for the extension: 2 copies from the passport: The photo page + last extension and 2 copies from the updated (same day) bank book: The first page with the name and the last page. Every copy signed at the bottom in blue ink. No number at the front desk is needed, just go straight to desk 8 and hand over the papers to the female officer behind the desk. You don't even have to sit down. She will just take a quick look at the papers and that's it. 

23 hours ago, PattayaDavid said:

OK, I was able to find the answer to my questions by doing a Google search; thaivisa search sucks.  Thanks

It is even  written on the paper they have given you ….at  left side from page 

Money rapport 3 months . jpeg.jpg

Edited by david555