UK Passport Renewal Chiangmai

Grumpy Old Man

16 minutes ago, Yorkshire Tea said:

So, how much did you pay?  Last time I checked there was a 55 quid payment to VFS Chiang Mai.  Has this changed?

There is NO payment of any amount to VFS Global Chiangmai, all payments for your UK Passport renewal and the courier service are direct to the UK Passport Office 118.00 pounds for my 32 page ten year Passport and DHL return courier service included.

Edited by Grumpy Old Man
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Grumpy Old Man said:

There is NO payment of any amount to VFS Global Chiangmai, all payments for your UK Passport renewal and the courier service are direct to the UK Passport Office 118.00 pounds for my 32 page ten year Passport and DHL return courier service included.

Good to hear.  Earlier in the year it was 55 quid extra if applying through the CM office.  Now it's the same as BKK.

• Like 1

The standard UK passport is £75.50 and the same passport if applied for from Thailand £95.50 so £20 more. Then the postage fee takes it up to £118.51. Presumably the extra £20 is the VFS admin charge?

Following Brexit the new passport was designed in France and printed in Poland! 

I don't think i will ever get used to the new flag if Scotland and NI decide to go their own way. Here

are just some the possibilities.

Screen Shot 2020-09-01 at 22.56.08.png

• 3 months later...
On 8/31/2020 at 7:55 PM, Grumpy Old Man said:

I’d like to share my experience and procedures for the renewal of my ten year UK Passport.

Yes I’ve seen the advertising from different agents offering UK passport renewal services; I asked myself, how hard can it be to renew my UK Passport, the short answer is it’s not.

My first port of call was the online UK Passport renewal service two option, renewal of a UK Passport while in the UK or renewal of a UK Passport while abroad, not rocket science !

After reading the guidance notes and downloading the required forms it was basic penmanship from there on.

Quality colour copies of all the original documents required Etc.

An Email to VFS Global to arrange an appointment to check and submit my documents; the is NO fee paid to VFS Global, all payments are layed out on the UK Government Passport website and ALL payments are direct to the UK Passport Office.

The VFS Global representative check the forms, supporting documents and everything went into a DHL courier bag with a tracking number, within forty eight hours it was being signed for at the Passport Office in Liverpool England.

I received my new ten year UK Passport seventeen days later . . . Bonus

VFS Global will also provide the form required to have your Visa / Extension to Stay stamped into your new Passport, I can’t fault this service, I can only highly recommend VFS Global Chiangmai.       

C5F26072-E8E4-4701-A131-B6AF56662845.thumb.jpeg.5823f0c1cf3dd2744be53e7d8ecd02e2.jpeg        

You don't look grumpy!

• 2 weeks later...

I am just wondering if you are issued with a temporary passport or authorisation letter during the period that your passport is in transit for a month. I know its an inevitable process most of us have to do at sometime but the thought of being without a passport is a bit unsettling.

36 minutes ago, eyecatcher said:

I am just wondering if you are issued with a temporary passport or authorisation letter during the period that your passport is in transit for a month. I know its an inevitable process most of us have to do at sometime but the thought of being without a passport is a bit unsettling.

You don't send your current passport, only a full colour copy of it.  You keep it for ID purposes.

• Like 2