Police hunt for man in Birmingham after stabbings leave one dead, seven injured

webfact

Definitely a tale of two cities.

Similar attack in central London last year and witnesses become heroes and police are prompt.

This Birmingham slaying has many witnesses but seemingly no heroes no one looking out for their fellow men and women and the police could not co ordinate fast enough on a Saturday night to bring this guy in 

Instead he goes home puts his pyjamas on and gets nicked nearly a day later.

But the head honcho of Birmingham police some <deleted> called Davidson does go as far as to say. Lessons can be learned. 

42 minutes ago, Orton Rd said:

Of course we all know, well most of us, that if it had been a white guy who stabbed 7 Africans and who perhaps had certain ideological beliefs involved, his details would be plastered all over the place. No community cohesion restrictions then he would be labeled a racist and the crime a hate one. Offenders are no longer treated equally in the UK.

We all, or at least those of us with half a brain, know that the police follow the procedures outlined previously in all cases.

Your hypothetical white guy's details would only be "plastered all over the place" prior to any charge in the circumstances outlined in that College of Policing guidance; i.e. for a legitimate policing purpose which "may include circumstances such as a threat to life, the prevention or detection of crime, or where police have made a public warning about a wanted individual."

Just the same for any other adult suspect, regardless of nationality, ethnicity, religion, crime or motive.

If anyone, regardless of their ethnicity, nationality, religion, sexual preference etc., deliberately targets any one else based upon their victims' ethnicity, nationality, religion, sexual preference etc., then of course it would be labelled a hate crime.

What evidence do you have that this outrage was a hate crime? We know that one of the victims was white; but not the ethnicity, religion etc. of any of the others.

You are using the fact that the perpetrator is black as an excuse to peddle your own hate, with absolutely no evidence to substantiate your belief. Intelligent people prefer to wait for the facts before passing judgement.

• Like 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

57 minutes ago, Orton Rd said:

Not that old chestnut again, Islamic Jihadism has been a violent assault on unbelievers, other sects of Islam and apostates for 1400 years since the illiterate caravan robber instigated it. No, you cannot substitute an ideology that has been bent on world supremacy and conquest with a a couple of hundred IRA opperatives only interested in independence for their country. Quite a ludicrous and shameful comparison IMO.

It may have escaped your notice, but Christianity has been just as, if not more, guilty of those crimes as Islam; only for 2000 years. How do you think Christianity became the worlds largest religion? It wasn't by sweetness and light!

Still going on today, but rarely reported in Western media.

6 modern-day Christian terrorist groups our media conveniently ignores

I am not, of course, implying that two wrongs make a right; of course they don't. But just as the vast majority of Christians deplore and condemn atrocities carried out by their co religionists, so do the vast majority of Muslims. 

You may think that PIRA terrorist atrocities are excusable because they were "only interested in independence for their country" (even though the majority there at the time did not share their view, and still don't) but their victims and their victim' relatives would not agree. Especially those relatives of the missing.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, 7by7 said:

You should be eating all of it as your claim that an event of 'historical significance' would occur 'within walking distance' of my home during August actually, to the surprise of no one, never happened.

Oh yes it did 49; but the fact that you failed to unearth it knocks your 'on a perch in Thailand' into a cocked hat when it comes to slagging expats off ???? 

Unfortunately I risk an 'off topic' strike if I were to elaborate therefore i'll not bother but thanks for the reminder all the same.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, izod10 said:

As night follows day mental health will be a feature,the only feature.  Be good to see how he arrived in the UK,put increasing pressure on authorities to get shut.

We do not know his nationality nor anything else about him, except that according to the Daily Mail his neighbours have said he is schizophrenic. As one neighbour also said in that article that he has family here, he may very well have entered the UK via his mother's birth canal.

No doubt we will find out in due course. Not that you'll be at all interested if the facts blow your prejudices out of the water!

10 minutes ago, izod10 said:

interesting feature 99% of Somalian women in UK will not work,..90% of Somalian men will not work...workers paradise

Even if true, which it could be as many Somali's in the UK are asylum seekers and therefore not allowed to work, this is relevant how? The man's nationality has not been released.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, evadgib said:

Oh yes it did 49; but the fact that you failed to unearth it knocks your 'on a perch in Thailand' into a cocked hat when it comes to slagging expats off ???? 

Unfortunately I risk an 'off topic' strike if I were to elaborate therefore i'll not bother but thanks for the reminder all the same.

You couldn't say what it was before it was supposed to happen, and you can't say what it was now you claim it has happened!

Do you want cream or custard with that humble pie?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, simple1 said:

The stuff you talk to is released once the person has been charged / convicted. Grow up and get over conspiracy rants.

I thought you played by the rules, personal attacks are not helpful

Edited by Orton Rd

23 minutes ago, Orton Rd said:

What matters is the influence of the founders, and as you have brought up Christianity which you always do for another attempt to diminish the atrocities committed in the name of Islam, lets have a quick reminder of them'

Jesus never married, never stole, never owned slaves and said forgive your enemies, do to others as you would be done by and love your neighbor.

The caravan robber Mo hammad, married to at least 11 women, one a six year old who he raped when nine, slave owner, killer and persecutor of other faiths. Admitted he was victorious over Mecca with terror. His narrated book advocated killing enemies, apostates and the cruelest of punishments for evil doers in Muslim lands. This monster is regarded as the perfect man and a conservative estimate is 250 million killed in his name, a figure rising all the time with hundreds of Islamic attacks around the world yearly. Point the finger at Christianity all you like but in your defense of the indefensible I don't think you will convince many that Islam is anywhere near as dangerous, or violent as supremacist Islam.

Thank you

4 hours ago, bert bloggs said:

Everything i printed ,thats everything was in the Daily Mail ,happy now? i dont print falsehoods 

also the 4 men were brought out of the house  by police who were armed.

Unfortunately the Daily Mail does.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, 7by7 said:

Birmingham stabbings: Man charged with murder

Hmm, Zephaniah McLeod.

Not a Somali name, nor a Muslim one.

As he is black, the surname indicates a possible West Indian background. The first name is that of a Jewish minor prophet; so maybe he's Jewish?

Or maybe he was named after the poet Benjamin Zephaniah?

Yes, sounds like a Rasta background, though obviously has gone off the rails.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, transam said:

Bet you're relieved............????

Zephaniah McLeod has tonight been charged with the murder of Jacob Billington - one of eight people stabbed in Birmingham in the early hours of Sunday. McLeod aged 27 from from Nately Grove, Selly Oak in Birmingham also faces attempted murder charges relating to seven other victims. [ 183 more words ]

Zephaniah McLeod has been charged with the murder of Jacob Billington following Birmingham Stabbings — Police Hour

• Like 2

A large number of baiting and/or off topic posts have been removed along with replies to same.

Please keep it civil, any further baiting may lead to loss of posting rights.

Please also stay on topic and with the facts in hand rather than veering off into pure suppositions. At the present time an individual has been charged with this crime. There is no indication this individual is an immigrant and his religion is unknown. Motive is also unknown. There are unconfirmed reports of a history of mental illness.

• Like 2