UK warns EU on Brexit: We won't blink first

webfact

3 minutes ago, welovesundaysatspace said:

If they are the EU’s problem, then what you’re moaning about? Not your business. 

What “aid”? 

People don’t need anyone allow them to travel. They just travel. People are free. 

The EU allows their illegal migrants to cross the channel. Then it becomes our business.

Not stopping them or imprisoning them - that's aid enough.

They are not free to travel if they have illegally entered the EU. They are not free to enter UK.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, welovesundaysatspace said:

Someone posted the ballot paper above. You voted to end EU membership. You didn’t vote on aspects of a FTA. 

We don't have a FTA agreement. We are still half stay at the moment.

The details of the FTA the EU would like would ensure a half stay. We didn't vote for half stay.

• Haha 1

Just now, nauseus said:

Of course I care. I care that we get out.

So why expecting more ….. ? You reached your goal already ...and your waters will not flow away or evaporate ….(unless a giant comet hit it , but then it is over for all of us anyway ) ...????

1 minute ago, Loiner said:

The EU allows their illegal migrants to cross the channel. (...)

They are not free to enter UK.

Those are your borders. The ones you’ve taken back control of, remember? 

Not stopping them or imprisoning them - that's aid enough.

They are not free to travel if they have illegally entered the EU.

I’m afraid that’s not your business, and not even the EU’s business, but that of the respective state. They’re sovereign states and can decide to respect people’s freedom and let them travel as they like. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Loiner said:

We don't have a FTA agreement. We are still half stay at the moment.

The details of the FTA the EU would like would ensure a half stay. We didn't vote for half stay.

Have you got a copy of the ballot that says you speak for all those who voted brexit?

Edited by Bluespunk
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Loiner said:

You never had a referendum on an FTA. You only had one on EU membership. So should there be a “half stay” FTA I’m afraid you can’t claim that that wouldn’t be in line with the referendum — because there was none on it. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, welovesundaysatspace said:

Those are your borders. The ones you’ve taken back control of, remember? 

I’m afraid that’s not your business, and not even the EU’s business, but that of the respective state. They’re sovereign states and can decide to respect people’s freedom and let them travel as they like. 

Then you won't mind when we dump all the illegals back on the beach at Calais? They are yours, so you can have them back.

Afraid they can't once they've registered as asylum seekers.

4 minutes ago, CorpusChristie said:

Europeans being given free access to the labour force/ jobs and full access to state benefits

Solved now ?  ????

Edited by david555

Just now, welovesundaysatspace said:

You never had a referendum on an FTA. You only had one on EU membership. So should there be a “half stay” FTA I’m afraid you can’t claim that that wouldn’t be in line with the referendum — because there was none on it. 

The referendum vote was to Leave. If an EU preferred FTA with conditions does not concur with that but is a 'half stay', then its a 'No' to your FTA. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, welovesundaysatspace said:

According to what law or agreement could the UK “dump” people(1) on a beach of a foreign country? 

(1) assume that’s what you mean when you say “illegals”

They are yours, we would be only returning your business. Why would anybody need a law about that?

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, CorpusChristie said:

Europeans being given free access to the labour force/ jobs and full access to state benefits

They were not given access to benefits. They had to be resident in the UK for at least three months before they could qualify for any access to benefits. The three month rule by the way was something the UK could change at any time it wished even when in the EU. So it could have been six months. Or a year.

So you dislike people from the EU coming over here and working? Even those working in the NHS? Or care homes? Or picking fruit and veg?

• Like 2

We all voted for the same - Leave.

That’s not what you said in the post I quoted. You refer to conditions of exit (half stay).

Please can you show me where the ballot shows you were allocated the role of saying what the brexit vote means in such details. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

That’s not what you said in the post I quoted. You refer to conditions of exit (half stay).

Please can you show me where the ballot shows you were allocated the role of saying what the brexit vote means in such details. 

You show me where it shows I am not allocated any role.

• Sad 2