Russian man arrested in Phuket drug raid

webfact

Russian man arrested in Phuket drug raid

By Eakkapop Thongtub

1599456509_1-org.jpg

The Russian man and the woman were arrested at a house in Rawai late Saturday night, early Sunday morning. Photo: Phuket Centre for Drug Prevention

PHUKET: A Russian man has been arrested at a house in Rawai after officers found him in possession of 2.82 grammes of marijuana and a bamboo bong.

The arrest came as soon after officers from the Phuket Centre for Drug Prevention and Suppression arrested a Thai woman on Saturday night, explained a report from the centre made available today (Sept 7).

According to the report, leading the team of officers that made the two arrests was Phuket Provincial Administrative Chief (Palad) Wikrom Jaktee, accompanied by Civil Defense Volunteers (OrSor) and other law-enforcement officers.

Full story: https://www.thephuketnews.com/russian-man-arrested-in-phuket-drug-raid-77230.php

tphuketnews_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Phuket News 2020-09-07

Excellent ! The stuff stinks. If you want to smoke week half way up a mountain 2 miles away from people then feel free, I have no objections and I wish you well. Smoke the stinky rubbish next to me , or in the next condo then expect a knock from PC plod !

Edited by RichardColeman
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 3

My online reserach of legal cannabis sales in US has proven these are major players.

They blew about 1/4 of their slice or "eighth" before the Police "pounced".

Next year it will be legal, sold in boutiques and marketed as a tourist attraction just like USA.

Meanwhile the Russian will be fleeced for the depths of his funds, locked in a pit, and maybe blacklisted. What a horrible man.

180727_LearnWeight_3.5Gram_29-1024x576.jpg

• Like 2

Headline about Russian man with huge cache " found him in possession of 2.82 grammes of marijuana and a bamboo bong." (category 5 drug)

Why not the woman being main subject? "The report said that the woman was found with 950mg of crystal meth (ya ice), two pills of methamphetamine (ya bah) and a set of drug-taking equipment.

Officers also seized as evidence a digital scale, a mobile phone, and a Yamaha Mio 125i motorbike, the report noted." (Category 1 drug bust)

I suppose could be because this article was aimed at farangs, but there is also tendency to "farange bash" I've noticed over the years

• Like 1

1 hour ago, fdsa said:

o m f g, 2.82 grams.

Thai police seems to be REALLY short of money.

Is that quantity and the bong legal?  Perhaps the police are anticipating additional charges for the Russian?  From the link...

"The report said that the woman was found with 950mg of crystal meth (ya ice), two pills of methamphetamine (ya bah) and a set of drug-taking equipment.  Only 45 minutes later, the officers arrested the Russian man, who was found with 2.82g of marijuana and a bamboo bong...according to photos provided at the scene of the arrest, the Russian man and the woman were arrested at the same house".

1 hour ago, PatOngo said:

They took a huge risk going after a big time operator with 2.82 grams and a bong! At least they kept that massive 2.82 grams off the the street! I wonder how many lives they have saved! ????

From the same premises they also took this off the street, 950mg of crystal meth (ya ice), two pills of methamphetamine (ya bah) and a set of drug-taking equipment. Officers also seized as evidence a digital scale.

• Haha 1

Just now, Hi Tea said:

From the same premises they also took this off the street, 950mg of crystal meth (ya ice), two pills of methamphetamine (ya bah) and a set of drug-taking equipment. Officers also seized as evidence a digital scale.

Good! Gutter drugs!

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, polpott said:
54 minutes ago, RichardColeman said:

Excellent ! The stuff stinks. If you want to smoke week half way up a mountain 2 miles away from people then feel free, I have no objections and I wish you well. Smoke the stinky rubbish next to me , or in the next condo then expect a knock from PC plod !

Do you have the same reaction when someone farts in a lift?

Farting in a lift isn't illegal.

45 minutes ago, Captain Monday said:

Next year it will be legal, sold in boutiques and marketed as a tourist attraction just like USA.

You're exaggerating ever so slightly here, two states in the entire US allow the legal sale of marijuana, that's all.

• Confused 1

48 minutes ago, Captain Monday said:

Meanwhile the Russian will be fleeced for the depths of his funds, locked in a pit, and maybe blacklisted. What a horrible man.

Don't forget the "horrible woman" dealer who he was knocking around and arrested with.

35 minutes ago, Emdog said:

Why not the woman being main subject?

Because The Phuket News is an English-language paper aimed at the foreign/expat readership and demographic.  The woman got plenty of mention in the article.

Edited by Hi Tea

16 minutes ago, polpott said:

. Some say that Thailand will soon be in that number. It would certainly boost tourism.

And some say that it won't anytime soon but how would smoking it in your own home "boost tourism"?

Edited by Hi Tea
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, polpott said:
10 minutes ago, Hi Tea said:

And some say that it won't anytime soon but how would smoking it in your own home "boost tourism"?

The same way that tourism went through the roof in Amsterdam when the cannabis cafes became legal.

You were referring to people smoking it in their own homes

There's no way that cannabis cafés are ever going to be legal here, no other countries have managed it, have they?

Edited by Hi Tea