lights flickering

Polarizing

I got a koogeek two gang dimmer connected to 6 led downlights from aliexpress. On full brightness it might shake a little bit sometimes, as if it goes from 60hz to 30hz. On low brightness, this effect is way more often and sometimes(once every 20 minutes orso?) it just goes off 1 second and on again. Could it be the wiring?

I got 7W dimmable led downlights from this link https://nl.aliexpress.com/item/32935106621.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.27424c4dR4EvNV

Dimmers and electronic lighting (LED, CFL etc.) can be a carp shoot.

Try a different brand of lamp or a different dimmer.

You may score by replacing one of the lamps with a conventional incandescent.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Polarizing said:

what would be the reason for this? ????

Some dimmers don't like the small and rather irregular loads imposed by LEDs, sticking a conventional load on the circuit can swamp the irregularities in the LED load and make the dimmer behave.

I gave up long ago trying to dim anything other than normal incandescents using a regular mains dimmer, even "dimmable" electronic units can be quirky (don't even venture into the minefield of leading-edge vs trailing-edge dimmers).

If you really must dim LEDs use low voltage ones and a PWM dimmer or get ones with a 10V DC control input.

We simply have our lighting on several conventional switches, the more you turn on the brighter the light.

• Like 1